News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi: Just haven't had a chance to post today....Been a long day. I'm tarred. Had to come straight home so I coud beat the school bus. My neighbors don't have anyone to watch their cumbsnatchers from the time the bus runs at 4:10 until they get off at 5, so I'll be trying to get home before they do to watch them...they'd do it for us.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on August 20, 2013, 10:04:34 PM
:hi: Just haven't had a chance to post today....Been a long day. I'm tarred. Had to come straight home so I coud beat the school bus. My neighbors don't have anyone to watch their cumbsnatchers from the time the bus runs at 4:10 until they get off at 5, so I'll be trying to get home before they do to watch them...they'd do it for us.
Get offline and call me.....
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

I'm home. I'm pooped. I fell in love with my friends newborn. But I'm fairly certain the feeling is mutual. She said he's been fussy with people all day passing him around but with me he let out a sigh and fell right to sleep. I'm the baby whisperer apparently  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Two conversations my mother had today make me wonder if she is losing her marbles.

This morning, I checked the mail at the post office before Dad and I came home. Dad brought the stack of mail in, and he wasnt feeling good so he laid it on the table and went to bed. Later Im cleaning the kitchen when Mom walks out of the bedroom, she sees the mail on the table and this is the exchange:

Mom: What is this stack of mail on the table?
Me: Its a stack of mail on the table.
Mom: But what is it?
Me: Its MAIL.
Mom: But why is there mail on the table? what is it?
Me: I went to the post office, and thats the mail.
Mom: But its on the table.
Me: Yes I know, is there a problem with it being on the table? I suppose Dad left it there.
Mom: But is it going out or coming in?
Me: *FacePalm* Its MAIL. I went and got it from the post office. Dad left it on the table, so its on the table. Its to him, and you, and me, its bills, its MAIL! What is so confusing about that? OY!
Mom: I just wondered why its on the table.

S M H.

Conversation number 2:

Dad ate dinner and went to lay back down, he gets to the bedroom and calls out to Mom.

Dad: Bonnie, can you come take off my shoe?
Mom: Yeah, Ill be there in a minute...

She goes in the bedroom and I hear:
Mom: Which shoe?
Dad: My shoe!
Mom: Which one?
Me (from living room): MOM! He only has ONE!! There is only one foot remember?
Mom: Hes not wearing any shoes, so I wondered which shoe he meant!
Dad: My shoe! My shoe, the one on my foot!
Mom: Oh...

Really? WOW.

Im dumbfounded today. really. I didnt think...well nevermind. :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Nope, In fact, she said she dropped a pill and lost it somewhere in the mess that is her room, and dad wouldnt give her one to replace it, so she is one less then normal, and usually that makes her head clearer.

I hope Furby finds it. :hypocrite:

SippinTea

Quote from: HeatherB on August 20, 2013, 11:43:07 PM
I'm home. I'm pooped. I fell in love with my friends newborn. But I'm fairly certain the feeling is mutual. She said he's been fussy with people all day passing him around but with me he let out a sigh and fell right to sleep. I'm the baby whisperer apparently  :cool:

Um.... come visit me and Arabella, okay?  :updown:

Mel -  :o :o Err, um, she done lost it alright.

Quote from: MelodyB on August 21, 2013, 01:23:27 AM
I hope Furby finds it. :hypocrite:

:spitlaugh:    :great:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

That is stinkin' hilarious, Mel! 

And I've gained a new respect for you. I bought some cranberry juice and had a glass last night. WOWSA!!  I'm glad I'm only typing this because my lips haven't resurface yet. Talk about tart! 

I didn't pass out speaking last night. It was a good experience.

Roscoe

:hi:. Morning, all. Kinda a "blah" day. Just don't wanna be here. Would prefer a two lane, a Dr Pepper and Rusty.....but no, I get to deal with stupid people all day. Bah. I should be thankful--- but sometimes it's hard to be.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I'd prefer a bed and some sleep, but unfortunately my sinuses say "DENIED!"  I've been up since a bit before 6. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:  They are turning off the water to our building from 9 to 11.  Of course I'll need to use the bathroom at 9:01. :smirk2:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 21, 2013, 01:34:42 PM
:hi:  They are turning off the water to our building from 9 to 11.  Of course I'll need to use the bathroom at 9:01. :smirk2:
You rebel. "They may turn off the building's water, but they can't mine!"..outlaw, I tell ya..:lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

We are invited to a suspicious "lunch" at Pastors house today. This NEVER happens. (unless holidays or other events...never an ordinary day.) I smell a family conference.

Leaving in a few mins.

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I'd love to Ruby! just let me find that pot of gold I lost......

working today with a bunch of cranky pants.

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

The heat of pasteurization destroys the enzyme phosphatase, which is necessary for the assimilation of calcium. And, in fact, there's serious doubt about the calcium in pasteurized milk because one of the worst side effects of pasteurization is that it renders much of the calcium contained in raw milk insoluble... This can lead to rickets, bad teeth, and nervous troubles, for sufficient calcium content is vital. Additionally, with the loss of phosphorus also associated with calcium, bone and brain formation can suffer serious setbacks.

Pasteurization also destroys part of the vitamin C contained in raw milk, and encourages growth of harmful bacteria.

How logical then amongst other unhealthy foods that break down our bodies over time, that some are or become lactose intolerant? The body is less able to break milk down and the milk is harder TO break down. 

None of these issues in fresh milk btw.  And the whole argument FOR pasteurization is built on dirty unhygienic instances which were the source of sickness... not fresh milk. 

God brought Israel to a land flowing with milk and honey.  And God does all things well.

That is what is on my mind.

Lynx

Okay Bro. Bobby, that was funny!  :D

MellowYellow:  I dunno anything about that, but I heard the gene that codes for digesting lactose is supposed to shut off somewhere around the time a person is a toddler.  But with so many people drinking milk, sometimes the gene doesn't shut off when it should.  That's right... we who are lactose intolerant are normal! It's those freaks who CAN digest lactose who are weird!

In other news:  More modern sayings.  http://thedoghousediaries.com/5305
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

When I am right, I am RIGHT!!

We had a delicious lunch, and Granny was invited too...the lunch conversation was normal and just whatever topic came up. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then after we ate, Granny, Sis Ramsey and I cleaned off the table, put the things away, and Granny said goodbye and by the time I got over into the living room where Mom and Dad and Bro Ramsey had settled, they were all headlong into a conversation about Dads declining health and nursing home placement for the both of them.

Mom and Dad are closed minded still, but we have to start thinking about these things. Its fastly approaching that point. Mom and Dad dont want to admit it, but it is what it is and sooner or later you have to accept the reality of your situation.

Roscoe

Oh lord. It's a good thing I don't stress and stroke out over public speaking like I used too.  :smirk2: My day started by the pastor telling me that 1) he is going to need carparal tunnel syndrome surgery soon...the recovery period is around 6-8 weeks. Then he informs me that while he will "try to have a couple pinch hitters for you occasionally," - I'll be taking care of the preaching for that time period. :o God have mercy on the church.
Just as I digest this bit of info, he calls me around 2:45....his 89 year old father has fallen, and he is enroute to the hospital...."Follow God tonight, I love you, I don't know if I will be there or not."  :o

AIIIII!!! And me with no more than a thought......So- no stress, God's got this....and ignore the puddle of goo that used to be me.  :laughhard: Gonna try to teach on "Whatever it takes, I MUST have Him". And Mel, Jenn, other single ladies- "Him" as in God, not Seth.  :P

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 21, 2013, 07:19:57 PMMellowYellow:  I dunno anything about that, but I heard the gene that codes for digesting lactose is supposed to shut off somewhere around the time a person is a toddler.  But with so many people drinking milk, sometimes the gene doesn't shut off when it should.  That's right... we who are lactose intolerant are normal! It's those freaks who CAN digest lactose who are weird!

God didn't send Israel to a land flowing with milk and honey for toddlers.  That just doesn't fit.

MelodyB

But it didn't LITURALLY flow with milk and honey did it? I mean really! I've always taken that scripture to mean that it was a plentiful land with plenty of resources. Not that everywhere you go had rivers of milk and gobs of honey. Your body would get tired of all that richness.

Lynx

No swimming!

And Bro. Bobby, this is all for a reason. I bet you can tell where it is going...
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Mel-I'll start working on party favors for the day we celebrate Furby's demise!! :highfive:  :cool:

Frustration is a key element to my evening tonight.

Going to housesit again this coming weekend. But only friday to sunday morning for a client from the animal hospital. She's paying me quite a lot for very little time. Plus her 3 Shih Tzu's are amazing. [They know how to poo outside!!!]