News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

Started by Roscoe, June 01, 2011, 02:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Thought I'd post this in case someone was interested in a cheap, good, filling meal. Okay, okay, I'll confess- I'm posting it here so I won't lose it. :laughhard: Feel free to use it though, I won't mind.

4 - boneless Chicken Breasts
2 - cans Rotel ( I used store brand)
1- 16 ounce tub of sour cream
2 cans of cream of chicken Soup- I used one Family size can
1- 16 ounce bag shredded cheese- sharp cheddar is good. ("sharp" rules out the chance of using Seth by mistake  :laughhard:)
  Flour tortillas- this will make about 16

Boil chicken breast and shred. Add all other ingrediants, using about half to three quarters the bag of cheese. Mix thoroughly.  Spray glass cake pan with cooking spray. Put mixture  into tortillals, roll into enchiladas, place in pan. Spread remaining mixture over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese. Place in oven, bake uncovered at 350 for twenty to 35 minutes. Enjoy! I served ours topped with a good salsa- Perfect.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

And you have flung a craving on me...this will be made next week at our house, Lord willing.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

LOL  How does that constitute as Enchaladas? I think you should rename it to something distinguishable from actual enchaladas.  People who don't like Mexican food would love that.  I've had them, they are good.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Try this:  Put all the mixture inside the tortillas, put melted butter in the pan, place the tortillas in the pan, baste them with more melted butter, then sprinkle cheddar and bake.  They come out with kind of a crispy, flaky shell of a tortilla.

Or close up the ends of the tortillas and deep-fry those dudes.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

myhaloisintheshop

my recipe is similar!   Instead of cream of chicken I use one can cream of mushroom and a cup of sour cream.   Plus we add chopped oinions to the mixture. goooooood stuff!  (oh and in the tortillas you can add sliced olives.)

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 01, 2011, 04:44:25 PM
LOL  How does that constitute as Enchaladas? I think you should rename it to something distinguishable from actual enchaladas.  People who don't like Mexican food would love that.  I've had them, they are good.
LOL. I didn't name them- I just listed what the guy that gave me the receipe called them. :lol: I'm not a big Mexican food fan- it generally eats me after I eat it, so I tend to leave it alone. But these were good....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

So what do you think would be a good name for them?  We can all call them that and see how long it takes to hear of it back from someone we don't know.   :updown:

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 01, 2011, 07:15:53 PM
So what do you think would be a good name for them?  We can all call them that and see how long it takes to hear of it back from someone we don't know.   :updown:
As usual, I'm clueless.... :laughhard: I thought they were more like a chicken burrito, but that didn't really fit either. I'll leave the naming up to you, I'll just cook and eat them. :biglaugh:

Melody

ummm.... I think GP could come up with something fun!

What if it had police venacular in there?  What are some cop food words? 

Idk.  I'm bored.  Sounded like something fun.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 01, 2011, 07:24:33 PM
ummm.... I think GP could come up with something fun!

What if it had police venacular in there?  What are some cop food words? 

Idk.  I'm bored.  Sounded like something fun.
Cop food words? Huh- you figure out how to make this receipe fit "donut" " Krispy Kreme" or "coffee" I couldn't do it. :laughhard:

Hmmmm- "Jailhouse chicken wraps" Or " Domestic Battery Chicken wraps- good enough to catch a charge if Mama gets in the way"  :laughhard:

mini

Throw in some habanero and you could call them "RED HOT ALERTS"
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

myhaloisintheshop

:laughhard:    It doesnt need the extra peppers!

MelodyB

I went to Walmart JUST to go get the stuff we need to make this tonight! Only, I'm changing it up a bit. I'm gonna layer the pan with the flour tortillias, and add black olives and spread retried beans. Sort of a mexican lasagna.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

LOL!

ReFried beans.

It's in the oven, we shall see how this turns out.

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on June 01, 2011, 09:21:13 PM
LOL!

ReFried beans.

It's in the oven, we shall see how this turns out.
Well? We're waiting...

MelodyB

Oh yeah! Lol

Turned out GREAT! My Mom kept saying how wonderful it was too! And she is picky about stuff.

We have about half left, y'all can come over for lunch.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: