News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Another Rev. Harold Camping prediction!

Started by Scott, May 31, 2011, 02:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Click here for another Rev. Harold Camping fiasco in the making

This guy is giving Christians a bad name! His phony prophecies are making us a laughing stock in today's society. His Rapture scare from a few weeks ago made Christians the butt of many jokes and gave the left wing media much ammo to make fun of those of us who believe in God and bible prophecy.

It is up to us a Christians and true believers to stand up for what is true, for what is right and what the word of God has to say! Remember that in some churches, bible reading is not as encouraged as in others and many so called Christians just depend on the preacher to have the word of God for them. These lazy Christians will believe anything that a so called preacher has to say to them.

2 Peter 2:1-3

1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

2 And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned;

3 and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

Other Verses on this topic can be found here

http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/false-prophets.htm

Rev. Camping is preaching things that cannot be supported with the bible; the mark of a true prophet is that his/her prophecies can be and will be supported by the word of God!

Am I calling him a false prophet? I would say that I am! He is making prophetic statements, proclaiming them to be from God and from the Bible, yet his claims cannot be supported by the word of God.

Many a false religion was started by someone proclaiming things that could not be supported or backed up by the word of God!

Are we in the last days, I believe that we are.

Will there be a catching away?  I believe that there will be!

When is it?  No idea!

Pre Trib / Mid Trib / Post Trib?  I tend to be pre trib because the bible calls it a blessed hope!

Am I right? I hope so - but as long as I am ready, pre/mid or post shouldn't matter.

Be ready!

Be prayed up!

Read your bible, study the scriptures on the end times and be ready to be a witness, because people will come to us for answers.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

About the tribulation, I believe pre-trib because Jesus said it would be unexpected.  If you assume mid- or post-trib you have to assume the tribulation will not be noticed because then you could just count the years after the start of it and say when Jesus will return.  Jesus also told us to be ready at any time.

If the tribulation starts and I'm still here, I'll consider switching to mid-trib.  If we get to the middle of it and we're still here, that settles it... I'll be a confirmed post-trib believer. 

Back on the main topic though, so much of this junk could have been avoided if people had read their Bibles.  According to stats more copies of the Bible are sold than any other book, but I'm afraid it's not the most read. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

We won't know the exact time, but we know the season and we will not be caught unaware, the heathen will feel the whole "thief in the night" experience, but that is not how it will feel to us, if we are watching as Jesus said to. 

1Th 5:4   But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 

Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

Before now, I really had not heard much to the liking of 2Pe 3:4 really.

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.  

But now more than ever, that part seems to be taking place.

Scott

People don't read their bible and assume that all people with REV. in front represent all Christians.

Back to pre/mid/post - I'd rather err towards a blessed hope!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle