News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

No matter what, you cannot whine- but come on in to sharing 4-2-9!

Started by Roscoe, March 12, 2011, 12:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Lynx

Man I'm still loving this i5 processor in this new computer.  I just ran a batch process on some music files - increase volume and export as .wav files.  Heretofore I have always bought used computers, and I am accustomed to a batch job like this taking about 15-20 seconds per song.

This time it ran so fast it was hard to keep track of which song it was on.  Maybe 4 seconds per song, for very long songs.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Time for some churchwide prayer and fasting Eric?  Or are you all doing that and this is happening?  If so, God may be making room for some sincere people.

Chseeads

Gonna go cut up and haul home some telephone poles that somebody has for fence posts in a little while.

Chseeads

They're not currently in the ground and attached to wires.  :hypocrite:

Lynx

You would be surprised how much stuff the electric company casts aside.  My uncle was a foreman for a repair crew until just a few months ago when he retired.  Many things might be useless to them, but useful to someone else.  Understandable - you don't want second-rate stuff supporting the electrical grid. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Sorry to hear that. :(

Went to the telephone pole place...spent a couple hours taking the ground wires off that were on most of them....got most of that off and ready to cut them up....the lady said her husband would help me with them next week....  Truth be completely told they probably decided they were afraid I'd cut my leg off and sue them.  :smirk2:  lol  Don't know why they didn't think of that before now though....  But, I shant look a gift telephone pole in the mouth.  Some help will be nice anyways..... The stinkin things are HUUUUUUGE....Lord....

Not having anybody to help you and having to do things by yourself calls for one to become an industrious little buzzard.

Lynx

Quote from a southern gal:  "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  But if ya do, check fer file marks."

I have lost one of my external hard drives.  I was going to load it with a fresh updated copy of my music collection and stash it in my office at church.  Off-site backup is very good, what if something wrecked everything in this house?  But I can't find it to load.  Grrrr...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on March 17, 2011, 08:41:08 PM
Not having anybody to help you and having to do things by yourself calls for one to become an industrious little buzzard.
Well, you've got the "buzzard" part down. :laughhard:
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 17, 2011, 06:49:21 PM
Please pray for Sis, her mother passed away today.
I'll be praying.

And in sharing- I am so happy, it's down right ridiculous. Today was a GREAT day! A couple of sharing threads ago, I posted about receiving my evaluation and being overjoyed to discover a nice bonus attached. I didn't think it could get any better. I was wrong.

The end of the month will be my first anniversary as a state employee, and I had been told that with that milestone, I would receive a promotion and a slight pay raise. Being as how my boss had really went to bat for me on my six month raise, I did not anticipate much, if any, raise this time around. I had also saw a coworkers checkstub when he left it laying so as it couldn't be missed, leading me to believe I was near the top end of my raises. Today my boss walks out and hands me a slip of paper with two numbers on it. "The first number's what you make now, the second what you will be making on the next check." I thanked him and stuck the note in my pocket. Later, when I was alone i looked at it and nearly had a Holy Ghost spell- a $1.25/hr raise!  :o  That more than makes up for the gas prices, ect. I immediatly called the pastor to inform him of his raise, as I had gotten one. :laughhard: My God is so good and what a provider! I know without a doubt I'm in the will of God now!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Found the flash drive, loading.  95 gigabytes takes a while...  I'm just :) I HAVE that much music.  Weeeee!

Glad to hear it five-oh.  Maybe you can get your boss to talk to my boss?

Seth is this bird keeping what you do for a living?  You seem to spend a lot of time on it, and you never mention having a job or anything.  How do you make it pay?  Just curious.
"Do you sing at church?"

EricShane

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 17, 2011, 04:22:08 PM
Time for some churchwide prayer and fasting Eric?  Or are you all doing that and this is happening?  If so, God may be making room for some sincere people.
well, some of us have been.. But I never thought of that!
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

SippinTea

Sis, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. :-(

Officer Bob - Woot! Congrats to you! I'm happy for you!

*pats the industrious little buzzard on the head*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Thanks for the headpat....I could use something with a little more elbow grease than that though.  :smirk2:

Went to church came home.

I'm unemployed.  Bird business helps take care of itself.  Wish it was sufficient to live off of...but it takes a big operation for that.

Lynx

Yea verily, unemployment doth mightily stink.  Sorry to hear it.  :-?
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

UGH. Long. Day.

Dad is the same. And I spent pretty much all day with him. Then went home briefly to change clothes and go to church. Then mom ended up in the ER, had to go pick her up. I'm exhausted. I'm stressed out. I cried all through church and it wasn't a move of God causing it. I broke down after church when a friend asked a simple question about dad, and I'm just frustrated, tired, stressed and whatever...

Getting up extra early cause I have to take mom back to the hospital to get the van. And then go keep Parker. It's gonna be another long day.

OY.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Her blood pressure was stroke level they said.

That would have been lovely. BOTH parents on the hospital.

Sheesh.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Sorry to hear that Mel.  And when you're worked up you won't be able to sleep well, which will just add to it.   :frustrated:  Been there.

I just looked this up for a friend, thought someone here might find it useful as well.  Free mp3 audio Bible.  Genuinely free - no ads, no trials, no play-only-online, no stealing.  Download them and burn them off to CD or load them on your mp3 player.

KJV with soft background music:
http://www.audiotreasure.com/indexKJV.htm

KJV with only voice (new testament only):
http://www.audiotreasure.com/KJV/index.htm
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Having a good time at Music Conference!

Lots of cute guys!

The water is softer here than in Texas lol...
Oh and Indianapolis is kinda ugly looking. Lol maybe it's the time of year?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

:pound: Jenn

Guys are not cute!  They're handsome, they look good, they're cool (or none of those things, depending on the guy in question... I'm not very high on any of those lists) but they are not cute!  Girls are cute, puppies are cute, kittens are cute, men hate to be called cute.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the reason I stopped by...

Night y'all.
"Do you sing at church?"