News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

GP app for iPhone?

Started by MelodyB, July 27, 2009, 04:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Hey B, how hard would it be to get a GP app for the iPhone? 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

B

I don't really know. I downloaded the developer stuff, but I haven't worked with it, yet. I'm going to be creating one for my youth group, whose web site is using SMF, as well. So, I may be able to reuse some of that one to make a GP one.

B

MelodyB

Yay! I'm looking forward to that!

B

There's absolutely no timeline on it, right now. So, it could be awhile. :teeths:

B

MelodyB

Yeah...well I made my own (kinda sorta) by going to my updated topics page, zooming in on my AV, and then bookmarking it to the desktop.

Really though, I might have changed my mind...I was thinking, if we really did have a GP app, then that means lots of non-Christian strangers would see the app icon in the app store. They might get it and GP could evolve into something we may not want, if too many non-Christians had that easy of access to it.

Maybe we should re-think this. LOL

B

Such users would be treated as guests and all permissions that are currently setup would still apply. They would have to go through the registration process to gain any additional privileges. The app could also be programmed to provide read-only access.

B

MelodyB

I understand that, I was just saying that right now, strangers and sinners only know about GP when they stumble upon it, or if they are told about it. Wereas if we had an app in the app store, many many people would stumble upon it more frequently. I know I look in the app store for new "toys" at least twice a week.

It still would be cool. ;)

Ashlee

Would it be such a bad thing for sinners to stumble upon GP? I know many who have been greatly encouraged or even found God because of GP.

JakeLeonard

It's a bit weird (to me) that almost everything Apostolic is becoming an app for the iPhone.....

Not that big a fan of Apple stuff (with the exception of the iPod, iTunes and the Safari web browser), but whatever works for you! (That's all that matters anyway.

He-Man

try bookmarking this link > http://godplace.com/forum/index.php?&wap2 it's just a special address that renders the forum in a more mobile ( if less pretty ) format.
%41%61%72%6F%6E

B

Indeed, that also works. There's a loss of functionality in that mode, as well, but at least you can read. :teeths:

B

Scott

I just open GP in Safari and then book mark it on my IPOD. Instant APP!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle