News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on January 17, 2019, 07:40:20 PMNelle: if his hobby involves purchasing a gaming computer, I can well imagine you would need to remind him to go to bed. I know exactly how that is...

For sure. He already does this with his PS4. It's a common thing to hear, "Remember, you have to get up at 5:30 in the morning." LOL.

Roscoe

:hi:
  Been busy today. Lou went and had some dental work done today. Now she's mad because she is hungry, but can't eat much. She rushed my bread making, only to be tantalized by the smell but severely hampered in consuming it. :laughhard:

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I know that for a fact! I had a tooth pulled two weeks ago, and I was hungry when I left the dentist.

Always eat a big meal right before dental work. Wait... that might not be the best advice depending on what's in the meal... But yeah, never have dental work right before you normally eat.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Back at work. I brought a loaf of bread with me this morning and used the oven to warm it up. By the time the coworkers got here, the office smelled of fresh bread. so far half the loaf is gone....
Life is good. About to go out on a home visit, then will take a guy to shoot this afternoon. Apparently he is terrible, according to our other firearms instructor, who has taken him out twice.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

We had fish tacos for supper last night, and I brought some leftovers to eat for lunch. GAG. The smell of fish cooking like that is just.. not that appetizing.

Supposed to get wintry weather tomorrow after the rain comes thru. Should be interesting!

Roscoe

Welp.. the kid wasn't a bad shot at all. Apparently he was just nervous with the other instructor. Made me feel old though. He looked like he was twelve and was born after I graduated high school. Just a pup..

And I can't do fish, other than a fish filet from Mcdonald's, and I'm not sure that's really fish anyhow. Never have liked seafood much, other than fried shrimp. Now that I could eat a bucket of.:fork:
Drizzling rain here. And tomorrow pastor is coming over. Why? Because he loves my simple five ingredient bread, and has demanded that I "teach him how to make it". In return, he has a huge prime rib roast that he has cut into steaks and is marinating for dinner tomorrow night. He *might* have ordered me to text a pic of said prime rib to Jerm. I think he enjoys tormenting Mini as much as I do- he seems to be sending him pics of Fred the 51 soley to torment Mini.

mini

Well....if all goes well, I'll be tormenting Bro Wilson this week.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I have 2 days off back to back. Yay!! Brandon thought he was going to get to put me to work assisting in installing our new front door. Thankfully, the rain saved me. I too miss the sunshine.

Dinner tonight with the Pastor and his family.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Bobby: five ingredients for me would be water, flour, salt, sugar, oil... and sourdough starter, that would be 6. What are your five ingredients?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 19, 2019, 07:14:43 PMBobby: five ingredients for me would be water, flour, salt, sugar, oil... and sourdough starter, that would be 6. What are your five ingredients?
Water, honey,salt,flour and yeast. It's a chewy bread that is quick and tasty, although it doesn't rise as high as most breads.

2 cups water
2/3 cup honey
tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp yeast, proofed
4-5 cups bread flour

Lynx

Right, no oil. That would make it chewy. My bread is more friable. Especially this last batch, because I used oil instead of flour to keep it from sticking to my hands. It's so friable I don't like it much. Think I'll go back to flour for sticky-control.

I would be interested in trying a loaf of your bread. Do you ship?
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Awesome dinner last night with the Pastor and his family. Definitely entertaining. [they have 4 kids]

Ended up hopefully adding a new member to the Henson household. A small, fluffy kitten went darting across our busy downtown street in front of our car on the way home. We stopped just to make sure it got out of the road. He came right up to me. My dog has already fallen for it. I hope no one claims him. He is so cute!!!

Some light housework then church this afternoon.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on January 19, 2019, 04:53:00 AMAnd I can't do fish, other than a fish filet from Mcdonald's, and I'm not sure that's really fish anyhow. Never have liked seafood much, other than fried shrimp. Now that I could eat a bucket of.  :fork:

You are missing outtttttttt then. Seafood is SO GOOD. 
Catfish, tilapia, salmon, shrimp, crab, clams, flounder, frozen fish sticks, and I've heard lobster is equally as good. Haven't tried that cus its expensive. I've made a delicious teriyaki salmon....oh man so good.  :fork:

And a lot better for you than red meat. Trust...I'm from Texas....and Texans know their beef. I love a good juicy pinkish red steak.
But fish? Mucho better for a plethora of things in your body than red meat.

Quote from: Lynx on January 20, 2019, 11:57:17 AMI would be interested in trying a loaf of your bread. Do you ship?

I think he gave you the recipe so you could cook it yourself lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Oh! And I got chosen to apply for the commencement ceremony student speakers for graduation.
I have to apply and they'll pick four people. Who knows if I'll get chosen but I'm gonna try! :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Yall are quiet.

Go to see Roscoe today.

We played in the mud.

More news as it happens.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I got to see Chel today and hold little Bobby. :bigcheese:

Roscoe

:hi: Yes. Two Jeeps and two rednecks equal muddy Jeeps. 'Twas fun. Tomorrow gonna be a loooong day. I gotta work until 7pm, and have to go in early to conduct the murderer's parole hearing.  I NEED to get back to working on Rusty's interior. Had I had it at a point I could've stopped, I would've driven it over instead of the Jeep. The jeep is fun- but makes my rough riding Corvette feel like a Lincoln in comparison. There's log wagons that don't ride so rough. In fact, I've rode hardtail choppers- motorcycles without ANY rear suspension- that rode smoother.

Roscoe

Morning. Troubled spiritually,  didnt sleep well last night. Tired as the Dickens, have to work until 7 tonight, and am about to go in the jail to conduct a hearing on the murderer...

Nelle

It's cold. I'm about to eat a snack b/c I'm hungry. I think there's more snow coming Wednesday and Saturday, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be nearly as much as this past weekend - which is lingering here with us. The roads are getting better. Most of the schools are still out for today.

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankfully it should get in the 60s here today.

MsJennJenn

I didn't sleep well last night either. Tossed and turned. Head lightly hurts this morning. Bleh. :smirk2:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 21, 2019, 03:37:53 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 19, 2019, 04:53:00 AMAnd I can't do fish, other than a fish filet from Mcdonald's, and I'm not sure that's really fish anyhow. Never have liked seafood much, other than fried shrimp. Now that I could eat a bucket of.  :fork:

You are missing outtttttttt then. Seafood is SO GOOD. 
Catfish, tilapia, salmon, shrimp, crab, clams, flounder, frozen fish sticks, and I've heard lobster is equally as good. Haven't tried that cus its expensive. I've made a delicious teriyaki salmon....oh man so good.  :fork:

And a lot better for you than red meat. Trust...I'm from Texas....and Texans know their beef. I love a good juicy pinkish red steak.
But fish? Mucho better for a plethora of things in your body than red meat.

Quote from: Lynx on January 20, 2019, 11:57:17 AMI would be interested in trying a loaf of your bread. Do you ship?

Teriyaki salmon recipe? I'd like to try that
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 21, 2019, 03:37:53 PM

But there is sooooo much more to making bread than the recipe. How long do you knead it, at what temperature do you let it rise, for how long, what kind of yeast, what kind of flour, what brand of flour... Every variable makes an incredible difference in the end result.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

I'm spending my lunch trying to get our internet up to the better gaming package so that our internet isn't lagging anymore. I'm super curious why I've been paying for 300 mbps prices for 100mbps internet.. lol. It's been a circus trying to get this upgraded for the last 45 minutes, so I doubt I'd get anywhere with trying to have that figured out as well. Jeremy bought a new modem that should be here this week sometime, so hopefully that only HELPS things like no lagging in the end. The modem we have is like at least 4+ years old, and they make us pay $10.50 per month to "lease" it. That's one expensive cheap modem. haha..

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-