Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Seen at the city limits of a town near here:
"Speed limit - FLOORBOARD!"

I've never tested that theory while driving through the town, but it is amusing nonetheless. The sign has been up for years so I guess they haven't had anybody making trouble because of it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
 For those that don't have fb, Taco's Mama passed away this morning. Be in prayer for him and Elona. He's trying to get things in order to go home to preach the funeral.. :cry:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

I missed seeing that somehow. :( Prayers.
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

Aww. They've sure had their share of trials lately.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Losing any parent is rough. :sadbounce:
Been a long day. Went over to a friend's house for a bit, then came home. Lou has picked up a part time job at a local restaurant  because she wants extra  spending money.
Funny how she can have people begging her to come work for them, but I tried for 6 months to find a part time gig and couldn't get a call back.:smirk:
Go figure.  I didn't want to work more anyway. I just wanted more money for my car hobby. :freaky:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

That's why I prefer a computer hobby. They are cheaper and the old ones don't sit around in the yard - they sit around in the room where nobody sees them. :D

Hey Ruby, a thought - if this salsa is going big-business, where's the paypal? I know they charge the seller per transaction but usually it's worth it. And are you going ebay, amazon or both?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 10, 2016, 10:18:49 AMThat's why I prefer a computer hobby. They are cheaper and the old ones don't sit around in the yard - they sit around in the room where nobody sees them. :D

Hey Ruby, a thought - if this salsa is going big-business, where's the paypal? I know they charge the seller per transaction but usually it's worth it. And are you going ebay, amazon or both?
But- your computers aren't used as a decorative component. My old cars are, and are often used as photo props too. :hypocrite:
Lord I will be glad when today is over. It's Friday, and I have ALL week off next week for cars,car, and more cars. And Uncles. And, of course,I get to host Sasquatch in his annual appearance in my area. I intend to use him to get handicapped parking and other age-related benefits.  :lol:  (He got a discounted meal the other day due to a senior discount, for those of you not on facebook. I told him it was understandable- lack of hair on top, abundance of hair in the ears, complete lack of style in clothing- old age. Completely understandable. He was NOT pleased that I pointed that out.)

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on June 10, 2016, 12:45:49 PMAnd, of course,I get to host Sasquatch in his annual appearance in my area. I intend to use him to get handicapped parking and other age-related benefits.  :lol:  (He got a discounted meal the other day due to a senior discount, for those of you not on facebook. I told him it was understandable- lack of hair on top, abundance of hair in the ears, complete lack of style in clothing- old age. Completely understandable. He was NOT pleased that I pointed that out.)

You live in Arkansas.  Which is proof enough that you are handicapped already.

And I think the age related benefits were for my wife, she just doesn't want to admit it...muhahahahaha
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

Quote from: Lynx on June 10, 2016, 10:18:49 AMHey Ruby, a thought - if this salsa is going big-business, where's the paypal? I know they charge the seller per transaction but usually it's worth it. And are you going ebay, amazon or both?

Right now we're invoicing through paypal, but we're working toward using a program that will integrate inventory, bookkeeping, and shipping all in one. Ebay and Amazon? Pffft. Neither. We're going into grocery stores. :D

Well, okay, I MIGHT do that, but.... I'd kind of rather not. For now, I plan to market primarily in the northwest... stores that are known for carrying local products. (We'll keep selling to individuals across the U.S. that want to order direct, but I want to keep moving more and more toward stores carrying our salsa, so I won't have as much bookkeeping to keep track of. lol And hopefully, the business will grow faster that way, too.) Then, as the Pirate Ringo's Salsa name starts getting known, we'll grow to meet demand in other states. Oh, and we do have our own website (not fully functioning for salsa yet, since we can't sell to anyone except friends and family until we're fully licensed, but still, we have the domain) so we can continue to sell via that, as well.

:beret:

Roscoe

:hi: I've been paroled! Or furloughed. Or something. I don't have to think about parolees for a week....
Gonna sleep in tomorrow, then probably do a bit more work on the yard, and run around in the old truck. My change out the 02 sensor too...I think he's running a bit rich, and I've had the sensor in for a week but no time.

Lynx

Ruby: Well, a friend of a friend of a friend told me that her friend's friend wanted some... :teeth:  Guess they have heard that one at the licensing place.

When y'all start the factory going, make sure a family member is head of quality control. I HATE it when a really good brand of something goes pro, then goes cheap, then starts tasting like every other brand on the shelf.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Ok Ruby...settle this for me, I've got two jars of salsa from you so far, and they are dark maroon almost brown in color and it's pretty spicy...(well the first jar was, the second one is still unopened.) and Barb got two jars and she said that the darker one was the hot hot one she ordered...but the lighter red one was the mild? I told her the one like mine must be regular heat and the lighter red must be hot hot...

Which is it? And what is this other one you talk about? The 8 (or was it 6) something sauce...

How many flavors or heats are available?

BTW...I finished my first jar yesterday and I'm trying VERY VERY hard NOT to open the second...because I need to eat the other two jars of my cousins salsa too...hers isn't canned and I'm afraid it will go bad if I don't hurry and eat it. Lol

PLUS, I was trying to wait till we had a thing at the church and I wanna give samples to try and boost your clientele. So I wanted to save my newest jar for that.

MelodyB

OOOO! What if you sent me, 6 jars of the regular flavor, or whatever it is I have, and I take them with me and let ppl sample MY jar, and I'll sell the others to them right there...I can divide the shipping cost up for the number of jars you send and add to the price and you could send in a flat rate box. So the shipping would be cheaper per jar and I could sell them all and give the people cheaper shipping...get them hooked and they will pay later.

I could give your FB info and order forms. Lol

In fact...could you make up and send order forms out to distribute with sauce?

I KNOW I could sell some here. I even know the owner of the local grocery chain I used to work at...he buys local made goods too...

Just some stuff to think about. ;)

SippinTea

Melody - LOL!! I want to say yes, yes, yes, and yes, to most of that, BUT.... we're not licensed yet. :P To answer your questions... the darker red is the Original PRS flavor/heat, and I would say it's on the warm end of medium. The lighter red color that Barb has is the mild prototype (called Pieces of Eight) and that recipe he's still playing with. Pieces of Eight is the one I fell in love with. Not just because it's more mild heat, but the flavor is absolutely stunning. (I'm not just saying that 'cause Pirate Ringo is my hubby, either. It's seriously my favorite salsa I've ever tried.) Not too many people have tried that one yet (mostly a few local friends) and we haven't got the recipe set yet, but it's close. The other problem with PoE is that it's considerably more expensive to make. He's talked about just keeping that one as a family and friends only thing, just for special occasions or something because of that. But.... I don't know. It's seriously amazing, and if I can come up with a cheaper supplier for some of the ingredients, maybe we could make it work. He may very well be right about it being cost-prohibitive though. It's a lot more time consuming too, which is going to KILL profits when we go to the co-packer. We shall see. Right now we're losing money on every jar, but that's to be expected at this point in the game. :)

Quote from: Lynx on June 11, 2016, 08:10:14 AMWhen y'all start the factory going, make sure a family member is head of quality control. I HATE it when a really good brand of something goes pro, then goes cheap, then starts tasting like every other brand on the shelf.

No kidding. Once we can get the recipe tested for pH levels and such, and get it tested at the state, we're planning to be present at the co-packer for that very reason. It's not going to be the same as it is making it from home - it can't be. But we're going to keep it as close as possible. Maybe we should hire you for quality control. ;) :D

Roscoe

Ya'll are killing me with the salsa. I WANT some. BUT- I have upcoming unpleasantness that requires me to run extensively. And not only am I a tightwad, I also will sit down and down the whole jar and two bags of calorie laden chips, chased with a nice drink, in one sitting..
 Thus causing me more weight to carry. When I get done with the Academy though....that jar and bags o chips are MINE.

In sharing, I got up this morning, got a haircut, and bought a buffer and car wax. An hour later Rusty looked great and the buffer went back to Walmart because it quit working on the last fender, making me dig out the old buffer.
Then Hayden and Chey talked me into a roadtrip. An hour later, we were at the little Ozark waterfall swimming hole. They swam for an hour or so when white trash came along. Why some folks think that it's necessary to drink alcohol, cuss and smoke cigarettes while in one of God's most beautiful places is beyond me. It's almost like a church for me- so peaceful and quiet it's like God's outdoor cathedral and I don't want to even speak loud, silly as that is. These buffoons had no such convictions, so we left and spent the next hour or so on back roads until we found a hidden tiny campground on a Ozark mountain creek. Perfect for our first teardrop adventure!
After the kiddos swam a while longer there, we met Lou for dinner at CICI's buffet pizza, and I got drug into the Shoe Carnival, where I discovered that the Carnival's fool/clown of the day was me, after having to buy shoes for the family. Domino and me were the only ones that were not treated- we's still havin' to bare-foot hoof it.:pound:

SippinTea

Quote from: Roscoe on June 12, 2016, 03:44:41 AMYa'll are killing me with the salsa. I WANT some. BUT- I have upcoming unpleasantness that requires me to run extensively. And not only am I a tightwad, I also will sit down and down the whole jar and two bags of calorie laden chips, chased with a nice drink, in one sitting..
 Thus causing me more weight to carry. When I get done with the Academy though....that jar and bags o chips are MINE.

The conspiracy is nearly complete.

Lynx

"I also will sit down and down the whole jar and two bags of calorie laden chips, chased with a nice drink, in one sitting.."

Sounds like a good plan.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

From roughly 9am this morning until 12ish, I had bad close to a perfect morning. The kiddos wanted to go back to swim, and I needed to "test-pull" the camper, so we headed back to the little mountain stream. Only about 3 feet deep or so, the water is so clear you can see the rocks on the bottom....and it has quite the current. And it was COLD at first.
 We parked and set up, and even I trundled out into the water with my old jeans and shirt. Just got out there like a fat old hippo, and sat down up to my neck in the shade while the kiddos played in the rapids.

It's my new favorite places. No one else there, other than the group of canoeist? that paddled through.
As I sat and soaked, with the trickling sound of the water, the frogs croaking and the kids squealing, all I could think of is how blessed I am, not only to live in this wonderful country, but to have the time to spend like this with those I love. I just wished Lou would've went, but she didn't want to. I said a prayer that the kids would always have the opportunity and would take the time to enjoy this in their lives.

MelodyB

I was at lunch today with friends and I was talking about your salsa, and I got a couple of ladies very interested...but I've run into a snag...is the salsa gluten free? I have a salsa lover who loves the smokey flavored kind, and I almost had her sold...until I realized she is on a very limited diet and she needs to know if it's gluten free. Even if she has seasonings with a HINT of gluten, she has reactions. She's very sensitive.

SippinTea

I will double check with Chris, but I'm 99% positive it's completely GF.

SippinTea

To the best of our knowledge, both flavors are completely GF. (And you can tell her that I've had experience with having to go GF for a while, so I know to check even off-the-wall stuff you'd never suspect.)

MelodyB

Awesome. Ill tell Jessica. :)

Also, Ruby..since Jenn and Isaac are not on FB, isn't there something you should tell them? I know Jenn would be especially happy. Lol

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"