News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

In local news we had our end-of-the-month meet and eat at church tonight. Potato bar. Pastor had a big potato with a mountain of stuff on it. Someone asked him what he called that. He said it was a recipe for a short bible study. And to be sure, he didn't preach  very long...

I made a dessert but I wasn't sure what to tell people when they asked what it was. I intended it to have a brownie crust, a chocolate pudding filling, a cream cheese and whipped cream top and chocolate drizzle over that. I baked the brownie crust before I poured in the chocolate pudding. But the brownie percolated up through the pudding and appeared on top. It didn't break up and float in chunks, it just kind of vanished from the bottom and appeared on top. So the answer to "What's in it?" is kind of a philosophical question.

But it was good. Rich, but good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Quote from: HeatherB on March 30, 2016, 03:13:29 PMBetween the months of June to December, I will be taking Sociological Research, US History since 1877, German 1, Intro to Psychology, Applied Sociology, Classical Social Theory, and Intro to Women's Studies [for the 3rd time. lol. 1st time I was failed for being 1/8 of a page short on the final and the 2nd time I had to drop midway through the semester for illness.]

I'm so glad I'm not at Keva anymore. My life is so much less stressful.
Most of the best stuff happened before 1877! Intro to Psychology had to much reading and to many statistics when I took it.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Elona spent about 4 hours in McKay's just going through the ''scratched cd's''(Which most weren't) our first trip. That didn't count the time in the book store down stairs.

Lynx

Yup, 4 hours is about what it took me to filter through the whole scratched CD area. It was wonderful!

Just don't ever tell her about the second McKay's. I won't tell if you won't. :D

In local news, the dessert played well at church. The consensus was it is good, though a couple commented that it was a bit rich. Sis. Viola in particular mentioned "It was good, but rich enough to curl your toes."  *shrug* That's what happens when you use whipping cream and serve it to a generation that has grown up on cool-whip.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

What do I do with a bunch of old gospel records I don't want anymore? Does anybody still have a turntable?

I can't just dump them on a thrift store - they'd never be able to sell them.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on March 31, 2016, 11:33:11 AMWhat do I do with a bunch of old gospel records I don't want anymore? Does anybody still have a turntable?

Gospel like who? I need artists and titles. I might be interested.

I have a crosley. That I got on eBay for $30, in perfect working condition. Kinda of surprised that you don't. lol

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

He converts everything to digital, so he's probably giving away what he's already done.

Roscoe

:hi:
Been an eventful day. Called in after checking with my sergeant TWICE to ensure he'd have a full crew without me, doing it so I could gather up six years worth of uniforms and assorted things issued to me to turn in.
Got a bit ticked when a coworker texted me and mentioned that the Captain was upset that I'd called in. Really? I give you nearly a MONTH'S notice, never miss, (have over 320 hours of vacation and 412 hours of sick time on the books), and you're going to get ticked because I took off ONE day?!? SMH. So glad that place is in the past, nearly.
And in other news, I got the new pump for my fountain in and got it working again.. And my precious Rusty was nearly murdered today. I had an old guy approach me while I was washing him at the car wash....Old guy was in his 60's, and obviously well off, wanted to talk about Rusty and look at him. Turns out he's building a 46 as well, but he wasn't sure about how the S10 chassis would ride and drive. After nearly an hour of talk, and discovering several mutual friends- in fact we are probably shirt tail relations- I asked him if he'd like to drive Rusty to see if that was something he wanted to do to his truck. He accepted, and down the road we went. Suddenly, the truck ahead of us, a rural trash truck (pickup with sideboards) STOPPED in the middle of the highway and began backing up!! We were doing 55 or 60!! He locked Rusty up and we slid to a stop, missing the idiot by less than a foot.
I had to keep myself from going after the moron...I did happen to notice the truck he was driving just so happened to belong to the trash service that picks up my trash- and the owner is a close friend. A phone call later, and I suspect that the driver will not be doing that again- at least not in that company's truck.
I was livid. And my friend knew it rather quickly.
 Now- tomorrow I have a list of things to do. Apparently a layabout day will not be in my future ever again.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on March 31, 2016, 11:17:57 AMYup, 4 hours is about what it took me to filter through the whole scratched CD area. It was wonderful!

Just don't ever tell her about the second McKay's. I won't tell if you won't. :D

In local news, the dessert played well at church. The consensus was it is good, though a couple commented that it was a bit rich. Sis. Viola in particular mentioned "It was good, but rich enough to curl your toes."  *shrug* That's what happens when you use whipping cream and serve it to a generation that has grown up on cool-whip.
If we go to Alabama we always hit both.

I am holding out faith I can find a leather wide margin note takers KJV Bible cheap there one day. I got a parallel wide margin for $3 there but it's paperback and the print needs a microscope.

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on March 31, 2016, 11:33:11 AMWhat do I do with a bunch of old gospel records I don't want anymore? Does anybody still have a turntable?

I'd take them if it's Southern Gospel.

taco_harvell

Went to the doctor and I found I had lost 26 pounds. She asked me "Where did it go?" I told her "I don't know, it didn't tell me, and I'm not forming a search party.".

I have no clue where the weight went in 2 and a half weeks. I haven't changed anything except add 10,000 units of a cinnamon vitamin.

Then we got to pick up my April meds. Kroger will soon owe me money when we use gas points.

Heather

Quote from: taco_harvell on March 31, 2016, 03:53:06 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on March 30, 2016, 03:13:29 PMBetween the months of June to December, I will be taking Sociological Research, US History since 1877, German 1, Intro to Psychology, Applied Sociology, Classical Social Theory, and Intro to Women's Studies [for the 3rd time. lol. 1st time I was failed for being 1/8 of a page short on the final and the 2nd time I had to drop midway through the semester for illness.]

Most of the best stuff happened before 1877! Intro to Psychology had to much reading and to many statistics when I took it.

I've already taken the History to 1877 class and I'm in my 2nd statistics course right now. Literally just got done taking my 2nd test of the semester in there.

Yesterday was a bad day. Every joint in my body was hurting. I stayed on the couch the entire day. Today I'm going to work study for a little while then go home and start rearranging the house. Husband has finally agreed to move the tv from the worst spot in the living room. Tonight we have a P7 rally so I think I'm going to tag along with the youth.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi:
Took Chey to school, did some grocery shopping, put dinner on to cook slowly, cleaned the house and am currently awaiting the arrival of a friend...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

You have a Friend? Wow.

I bought some salmon the other day, but it's happily waiting in the freezer. I haven't decided when to make it yet.

Picked up another fish tank from the Facebook yard sale/swap shop group. A 10 gallon this time. So I currently have two tanks, a 1 gallon in the bedroom with a Betta in it and a 10 gallon in the livingroom with 6 goldfish in it. One day I will be getting a much bigger tank again. I once had a 30 gallon and I LOVED it. My hope is to get a 60 gallon and have a major setup.

I love aquariums!

Jenn...my goldfish...I've named them. :freaky2: Rossi, Garcia, Hotch, Reid, Emily and...my one grayish black one...MORGAN. Yes. Yes I did. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Isaac, if you haven't found anyone for the rest of those vinyls, I might know someone who would buy them from you. I have a good friend who in radio stuffs, and he collects vinyl. I don't know WHAT exactly, but I do know his wife gets dragged into vinyl shops all the time. ;)

Sandra, I'm sorry about the chickens. :( Will the neighbors pay for damages/new chickens? Or are you not going to pursue that?

So someone gave me a frozen goose, and I have NO idea how to cook the crazy thing. Anyone here ever cook goose??

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

No, but my goose has been cooked before.

Ba dump ching.

;)

Seriously, I can cook a duck...and it's not different than chicken...I would just roast it like a turkey or a chicken. Season it well, or brine it, and put it in a roasting pan. A couple hours in the oven and side it with some stuffing and veggies and have a nice meal. Don't forget gravy! lol

Shouldn't be too complicated.

Have you checked Pinterest for ideas?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

I like those fishy names Mel!

I ended up not going to the rally because I ended up going to Knoxville to see my sister. I hadn't seen her in 2 months and hadn't been to their new house yet. Also got to meet her bf's dog and get some puppy cuddles.

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 31, 2016, 06:29:59 PM

I have a crosley. That I got on eBay for $30, in perfect working condition. Kinda of surprised that you don't. lol

I have a Technics direct-drive turntable. And Fuzzy is right about the records. After I get the audio off them they are just in the way as records.

Someone beat y'all to it though. A friend's husband collects records - actually has some framed and hanging on the wall. I didn't know they made frames for records... But we're talking about how to best ship them at the moment.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Quote from: HeatherB on April 01, 2016, 02:26:48 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on March 31, 2016, 03:53:06 AM

I've already taken the History to 1877 class and I'm in my 2nd statistics course right now. Literally just got done taking my 2nd test of the semester in there.

Yesterday was a bad day. Every joint in my body was hurting. I stayed on the couch the entire day. Today I'm going to work study for a little while then go home and start rearranging the house. Husband has finally agreed to move the tv from the worst spot in the living room. Tonight we have a P7 rally so I think I'm going to tag along with the youth.
That stinks except for 1877-1945 it's scandals and a lesson in how to push things to the edge and not set off a nuclear war. If I could teach a class it'd be World History from the Birth of Christ to the fall of Japan.

Probably the low pressure system that went through affected your joints, it did mine. It also had my headache up.

Quote from: Lynx on April 02, 2016, 02:54:00 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 31, 2016, 06:29:59 PM

I have a Technics direct-drive turntable. And Fuzzy is right about the records. After I get the audio off them they are just in the way as records.

Someone beat y'all to it though. A friend's husband collects records - actually has some framed and hanging on the wall. I didn't know they made frames for records... But we're talking about how to best ship them at the moment.
Any future Southern Gospel let me know a price. I'm trying to help my dad build a collection. He lives so far in the woods they don't have thrift stores or anything.

taco_harvell

Quote from: SippinTea on April 01, 2016, 11:50:11 PMIsaac, if you haven't found anyone for the rest of those vinyls, I might know someone who would buy them from you. I have a good friend who in radio stuffs, and he collects vinyl. I don't know WHAT exactly, but I do know his wife gets dragged into vinyl shops all the time. ;)

Sandra, I'm sorry about the chickens. :( Will the neighbors pay for damages/new chickens? Or are you not going to pursue that?

So someone gave me a frozen goose, and I have NO idea how to cook the crazy thing. Anyone here ever cook goose??

I've cooked a small one. I roasted it, and found it to be even more greasy than duck. Expect it to shrink and lots of fat to cook out. I didn't care for it or duck.

Heather

I slept like poo last night. Up every 1.5-2 hours. Brandon had crazy dreams and kept talking in his sleep. He kept saying 'I'll get rid of her'. I asked him this morning what was up. He said he dreamed that he brought home a lizard and I got mad about it. HAHAHA! Neither of us even like lizards. Lol.

Today is homework, house cleaning [rotating winter/summer clothes], and I need to go on another run. I'm 2 days behind on my C25K.

SippinTea

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 02, 2016, 05:35:17 AMI've cooked a small one. I roasted it, and found it to be even more greasy than duck. Expect it to shrink and lots of fat to cook out. I didn't care for it or duck.

That's what I keep hearing. :/

Roscoe

Tell Brandon "Nice save" :lol:
Got up early this morning,  went with Pastor and his son and grandson  junkyard crawling. Rusty's rear end that is not the best is fixing to be replaced, probably  next week  with the one I bought today.  That'll  be the last major  part in him to be replaced,  and I'm taking  advantage of the opportunity to  replace his rear springs and get him back to a usable height. Tired of the old truck looking like it's got a diaper full...
Then I mowed the yard,cooked cowboy beans, and now I'm chillin. Thinking about turning on the ham radio a bit..

SippinTea

Home from church with two sick babies. Again. This winter has been rough. I'll be so thankful when EVERYONE is well again.

Roscoe

Urgh. Coffee. Need More Coffee.
 Back at work for my final four days. Had good church last night, with a good friend preaching for us. My baby girl really prayed, and I was proud of her....
 My pet peeve came in to play though. See, as much as I love technology and sharing, I happen to feel that 1) a person's worship is private and should remain so, and 2) the Pentecostal experience doesn't translate in pictures and most the time in film. Without feeling the Power of God, what is a holy act looks to the world to be foolishness.
My friend posted a pic of Chey lying in the floor praying to my timeline...I'm definitely not ashamed, but..I don't know. As I said, just not a fan of public displays of our worship. I don't want someone to look and instantly write off the church and the relationship we have with God as being like Benny Hinn. Maybe I'm weird about that. Maybe I shouldn't be..