News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

It's been almost 24hrs w/out a post. How sad!

Post thou varlets!  :demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Had a horrible headache last night that I woke up with still in full force today. Didn't go to any of my classes. Supposed to take my mom out for dinner. She's already cranky. I messaged her to let her know I'm ready whenever and she bit my head off because we could have done lunch instead.  :roll: There is absolutely nothing to be done to make that woman happy.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: I'm just checking in. Not much happening here at the moment.

Lynx

I just made plans to pop up and visit Mom in east TN on the second week of May. Help me pray for at least ONE sunny day during that time. Last time I was there I wanted to take my brother hiking up Marguerite Falls trail but it rained EVERY SINGLE DAY!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 23, 2016, 05:03:38 PMIt's been almost 24hrs w/out a post. How sad!

Post thou varlets!  :demand:
Forgive me, oh Queen. Well, You are a Royal Pain, so "Queen" Should Work  :laughhard:
I've been busy gallivanting across the country. Left Gatlinburg yesterday morning, after a wonderful time of friendship with Taco and ze Clown. I ate everything I wanted with zero thought for the diet. Weighed 222 ish when I left home....223 when I got in. One pound for the week ain't bad.
I was able to stop by the tiny mountain community my ancestors came from, Tellico Plains, Tn. and with a little driving and the help of the internet and Ancestory.com, I was able to locate my Great-great-great grandfather's grave.
It was kinda moving and surreal to stand in the country cemetery, with the mountains surrounding it and the rolling hills so green, nothing moving, and knowing that my roots were from here. Maybe because I'm a history nut, but stuff like that really means something to me.
Part of me wanted to stay and see if the courthouse would have records of where he lived and find the homeplace, but time did not allow.
We wound up driving through parts of Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi as well before we finally made it home.  Domino was an amazing road dog- he spent most of the trip on the center armrest, like he belonged there, and didn't have a single accident.
 Now, I'm trying to recuperate from over a thousand miles of driving.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

My right leg is trying to recuperate. I guess walking on it so much in 5 days caused it to swell, and the swelling caused it to rub a blister before I knew it. My shoes are supposed to prevent that.

We had a great time! I really enjoyed seeing Roscoe so scared that he told me where to find his insurance information if the helicopter couldn't make the take off and landing. (Basically that's all it did.) Then we argued like brothers do while the ladies got supper. I was right of course. ;) It
 was great spending time family!

We got to see a hillbilly's last ride if it ever cranks, a corvette motor on a homemade frame behind a lawn chair. It has a gas pedal, but no brake pedal or steering wheel.  It was an awesome visit all around, I just hate I slowed every one down.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

I hope the 2nd weekend in May is good weather for you too! For purely selfish reasons though. I'm running a 5K that Saturday in Kingsport. Plus Husband and I have decided to celebrate our legal and ceremony anniversary this year and that weekend is our ceremony.  :cool:

After physically seeing mom, I'm still slightly concerned but that poor woman is just tired and my dad is not helping the situation.

This evening Brandon and I are actually popping down to Gatlinburg to see some of my old friends. I got to see Paul [my old youth minister] a couple weeks ago but I haven't seen his wife Kathy is about a decade or more. I was close to her as well. Plus neither of them have gotten to meet Brandon.

Roscoe

:hi:
Went to town and paid Mama's nursing home bill, then went by the butcher shop. Have a whole chicken stuffed with diced apples and onions, rubbed with a dry rub, currently slow  smoking. Along with four 2 inch thick slices of bologna.. :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Smoked bologna? Whoa. Does it taste as good as it sounds?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

The chicken sounds good.

The bologna... slices of creamed chitlin loaf.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on March 25, 2016, 05:48:31 AMSmoked bologna? Whoa. Does it taste as good as it sounds?
Yes. If not better.
The chicken was divine too. Moist, smoky and delish. :fork:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 25, 2016, 02:37:08 PMBologna = gross.  :ignore:  :smugno:

I stand with Jenn. We were so poor when I was around 4 that all we had to eat was bologna, mayo, and cheese sandwiches and we drank a lot of orange Kool-aid. If we had a good week, dad got fudge rounds for his lunch. I just can't do bologna anymore. Especially fried.

It's still super weird to have the weekend off. I have no idea what I"m going to do with myself tomorrow.

Nelle

My husband LOVES thick bologna!

We have a trivia night tonight with the 80s theme. We're all dressing up and decorating our table. Not sure how well we will do since four of the 8 members of our team were born in the 80s or 90s, haha. It will be fun tho!! This will be the 4th? trivia night I've done with them since I moved here.  We have another one coming up next Saturday.

SUCH a busy month.. year.. haha. I leave in the AM for Arkansas to go to my bff's baby shower thrown by her family. I'm really excited to see them all, but I have to turn around and drive back home tomorrow night because Sunday is EASTER! We're supposed to be having a big egg hunt, but it's also supposed to storm.. We'll see who wins that battle, haha.

I'm ready for a calm week.. I think there's one on the horizon. :)

oh, did I mention that I get to see my momma & daddy?! YAY.

sunlight

I have nothing to say so I just wanted to tell you guys that I have nothing to say.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: sunlight on March 25, 2016, 08:03:12 PMI have nothing to say so I just wanted to tell you guys that I have nothing to say.

We thank you for your contribution nonetheless.   :hug:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

My aunt Sylvia passed around 1:30 am. She never woke up. We wont be able to get to the funeral. Pray her children comeback to truth!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

Brandon's friend left early this morning to go to Louisiana for his mom's funeral. If you think of it pray for Jay. Also my dear friend Ali is in the hospital. She is currently doing chemo to combat Lupus and Fibromyalgia [I know I probably butchered that spelling]. She is dearly missed at church.

Also, husband has agreed to come to church with me tomorrow. After all the events of a few weeks ago I was surprised when he said he would still come. He hasn't been in about a year.

We are now off to Wal-Mart for grocery shopping before he has to go to the other Wal-Mart in town to work at 2.

I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

sunlight

All this working every weekend sure is saving Robbie lots of money by me not being able to garage sale.... But on the other hand, he seems to be spending it just fine by himself.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

I went to a few garage sales but didn't find much.

Lynx

Taking a page from the playbook of the Animaniacs... Where would you put another garage if you bought it?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Obviously Robbie is spending money on things that are important. :hypocrite:

I got up this morning and ran to the butcher shop to get some spareribs to smoke. The last ones I did, I let the temperature get too high, and they weren't great, so I wanted to try again. This time, they were terrific. Smoked 'em from 9:45 this morning until 3-ish. Perfect.
In the meantime, I ran to Russellville and got some lumber, came home and built window boxes for the front of the house, painted them, and bought potting soil and some flowers for them.
Unfortunately, we had a special service tonight. I thought it started at 7 pm. At 5:10 I get a text from my wife asking where I was. She'd been at her Mama's....Turned out service started at 5. I rushed and made it by 5:30.
I'll have to fill the boxes and plant the flowers tomorrow or Monday.
The speaker,Bro Lamar Joy, who pastors a church between me and Germ, and I had much in common. He showed up in a 2000 Corvette Convertible, bright yellow and a 6 speed. After church we went over to a local restaurant. I "happened" to be right behind him when we got on the interstate and we Corvette drivers had a spirited run to the next exit. For an old guy, he drives the wheels off that thing....I missed a gear and got spanked on the first take off, but held my own afterwards.
It's a good thing we live an hour apart. We'd both be in trouble. He's a bad influence. :lol:

Lynx

Yeah that sounds about right for ribs.

My pastor was making a point about good things taking time. He said a friend at work claims he has a newfangled smoker that cooks ribs in 25 minutes. Something about deep-heat injection or something. He said no thanks, he'll pass on those ribs.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Heeey!! I went garage sale-ing with my sis today.

I got a 7.5x9.5 white shag-type rug in superb condition for $20 at an estate sale for my bedroom. Full price prob woulda cost me in the high hundreds. Best garage sale-ing day ever!!! :clap:

Sis got an almost industrial sized full roll of burlap for $1. Probably 20 yards worth. She's addicted to burlap. That's her style. lol for her house style I mean. Not her clothes. Haha
-Alexander Den Heijer-