News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Mowing.  Ugh. You had to mention mowing. The bane of my existence. I wish I could just pave the whole yard and paint it green.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I'm pretty sure I just broke my little toe on the corner of our couch.

I can't sleep. It's becoming an issue. I generally don't sleep for more than 1-2 hours at a time. Even my nap yesterday, I tossed and turned the entire time. Went to bed around 11 last night. Finally got to sleep around 12:30. Was up just about ever hour after that. Finally gave up at 6 am this morning.

I can't decide what to do about summer. Here are my option:

1) I can either not work and just help with dad. That only brings in my 1 day a week at the bakery for income to help. Dad is determined to go back to work though but we'll see after our first round of chemo this week. We can get by on just Brandon's income but I would feel like a complete slacker.

2) Take 2 classes [6 hours] this summer, go 2800 into debt to the university, but keep my work study job which will bring in 1000 over the summer. The 2800 has to be paid by the end of the year so I can register for Spring classes. Also any left over financial aid for fall would automatically go to paying the remainder.

3) Go back to Keva for the summer. Bring in money without going into debt and set my own schedule. However this comes with the possibility of misery and death threats.

I can't go find 'just a summer' job because I have no idea how dad will do. And unfortunately there is no way to know until we start walking this road. Now that I've listed all that out, no wonder I'm not sleeping with all the stress.......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Praying for ya to make the right decesions, Heather.
Morning all. Morning, incidently is fighting me. I had zero coffee and I'm dragging. The up side is I drove Rusty in,listening to the soundtrack to "O brother where art thou?" that I bought for $5 this weekend. And I'm cheating on the diet. I'm drinking a Moutain Dew Code Red for motivation. All 280 calories of it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

On the upside you shouldn't need any coffee today. Caffeine is the major reason they call it Code Red...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

My decision has been made for me. I can't get any sort of loan [university, bank, etc] so school is out and Brandon's words about Keva were in the vein of 'over my dead body'. So I will be taking option 1. It'll be tight financially but I need to be available for my parents.

Roscoe

Made it through the day. My payroll clerk gave me my check stubb early- and I nearly had a meltdown. They did NOT take the 10% I was told they would, but left my pay the same as it has been. I called my supervisor to be upfront about it and she stated that it looked like HR had "grandfathered me in" and it was right.
If HR doesn't reverse themselves before Friday, and I doubt they will since the HR manager and I spoke about a retirement issue (they had initially made me contributory, when my status is noncontributory) and he said it all looked good, it will be a huge blessing.
Let me put it like this- I was looking at about $100 a week less than what I had been bringing home. It would be tight but doable, since I'd save close to that in gas. If they don't take the 10%, not only will I still make the same take home pay, but I will in effect get a $100 a week raise, due to not spending that in gas!
Afraid to get excited until I KNOW it's a done deal, but it looks like God has smiled on us!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

I made jelly! And almost cleaned out a chicken coop. Almost done!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Uh... I really hope the making jelly and cleaning the chicken coop don't have any connection. What kind of jelly did you say that was?

I know, I know... hush Isaac.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Blackberry lemon.... But it didn't set very thick so now I'm researching to see how I can fix it, or if I just need to call it a syurp now... Lol.

Lynx

Syrup works. :D

But for some reason a song from Candy Crush's new "jelly bean" game commercial keeps running through my head...

"I don't think you're ready
For this jelly
I don't think you're ready
For this jelly"
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I just snort laughed that Isaac was singing a Beyonce song.

Dad's chemo has hit some snags. Like the fact he was supposed to be in and out in 3 hours. 4 hours later he is 1/3 of the way through his 1st of 2 bags. Good news is they didn't see any other locations of cancer in his MRI and CT.

I'm pretty much done with classes and just have 1 assignment and 1 final to take.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on April 26, 2016, 06:52:06 PMI just snort laughed that Isaac was singing a Beyonce song.

As did I.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I have no idea who sang it or what it was about. I thought it was just a commercial jingle.

I'm a nerd, I don't know this stuff. :p
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Lynx

Eh, won't be the worst thing I ever did. When I was a kid I shoplifted a candy bar. Mom made me take it back. I was very upset.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 27, 2016, 01:24:36 AMEh, won't be the worst thing I ever did. When I was a kid I shoplifted a candy bar. Mom made me take it back. I was very upset.
Don't guess I ever lifted a candy bar. If I had, it wouldn't have made it to be taken back. Even as a scrawny kid I had an inner fat boy that would've devoured it. :lol:
Think I've got a test today. Prayers that I pass would be appreciated...

MsJennJenn

When my bro & I were kids we used to steal grapes at the store. lol

and now my bro's wife and I are always hopping fences, and apartment balconies and stealing stuff. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Hey! You leave my patio alone! If my tomatoes and cucumbers go missing this year, I'll know where to look!

They are growing quite nicely BTW. No fruit yet, but the greens are doing well. I'm pleased so far.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

I am really glad that I don't have to get up at 5 something tomorrow morning... I'm gonna enjoy that extra hr of sleep!

Heather

Day #2 of chemo done. We were eating Steak N Shake while dad had his pole attached. We weren't the only ones through. Everyone says to let him eat whatever while he feels like it. I brought him a cupcake from the bakery today. He's gonna have it for dinner. Now he's going through an old camera he found and showing me all 271 pictures while I try to write a paper for public speaking, the last one I have due.

Roscoe

:hi:
Woo-hoo! Today is GREAT! We state employees were told today that we have been approved for Merit pay!  That's a one time payment  of from 1.5 %,3% or 4.5% of your yearly salary, depending on your last evaluation...And my evaluation from my last job carries over. Guess who's getting a nice bonus???
Dave Ramsey's debt reduction plan, that's who.  :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a beautiful day here. I was just thinking how when I was in my teens 20 seemed so old, now my hubby is turning 60. (He's older than me) It doesn't seem real. My mind doesn't feel old but my body fusses at me frequently. ;)

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Thank you Lord I don't have to go out and catch or shoot breakfast this morning. Thank you that I don't have to build a fire in the wood stove to cook it.

Just something I woke up thinking this morning.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

It's raining. Bah. And my test is today. I hope I pass. I really hope that they simply ask me to do an Office Visit. That I'm comfortable with, it's just a few forms...I actually did my first REAL one this morning.