News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I saw the picture and I thought the same thing. While _I_ knew what was happening, and I could imagine what was being felt and done, I wouldn't have appreciated if a picture like that was posted of me or my loved ones, no matter how "precious" it was said to be.

Our worship IS sacred and special and recorded by God Himself, so there is no need to post for anyone else to see. If you happen to be there in the service and witness it, that's great, but don't post my special moments with God on social media. Or that of my children. (That are invisible currently...lol) 

I agree with ya.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I'm dragging today. In the 2 classes I've been to so far, so is everyone else. Allergies are crazy. The weather can't decide what it's going to do. The flu is going around. Sheesh.

1 more class then to the bakery. I still have an outline I need to get done for my speech class tomorrow including finding 5 sources.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Glad to know I'm not weird. At least not in that respect.  I have no problem with a picture of the crowd in general,  but videos and individual folks...nah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Outline done but I've given up on sources. I just feel off. I hope I'm not getting sick. Off to work study where hopefully I won't have to kill the other 2 girls who keep showing up on my shift....

Roscoe

:hi: Found out when heather posted on my fb wall last night that the helicopter we rode in a couple of weeks ago crashed yesterday, killing all 5 on board. From what I've found online, I'm 90% sure it was our pilot too. Scary. He was a good guy, careful, and funny. Prayers going out to the families of those killed. Don't think we'll be taking any more helicopter rides.....
And in other sharing, only two more days.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on April 05, 2016, 04:05:09 PMAnd in other sharing, only two more days.....

Until they admit you to the looney bin? It's about time.

:hypocrite:

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Or he's leaving one looney bin for another. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 06, 2016, 03:59:21 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 05, 2016, 04:05:09 PMAnd in other sharing, only two more days.....

Until they admit you to the looney bin? It's about time.

:hypocrite:

:pound:
Fuzzy is right. Just exchanging nuthouses...:lol:

Heather

Bad day. Just an extremely bad day. I've had a headache bordering on migraine all day along with a diverticulitis flair up. On top of that my mom called me this evening. They have found a tumor in my dad's left lung that is taking up 1/4 of his lung. It's directly behind his heart and pushing into his windpipe. His lymph nodes on that side are also at least double the size they are supposed to be. Doctors are saying with aggressive treatment, maybe 5 years max. In just a week he's been told to probably go ahead and get on disability, travel, and do the things he wants to definitely do. I just don't even know what to do at this point.........it's my dad......... :sadbounce:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Thank you both! It's been a weird day. Thankfully everyone has understood why I've been 'off' today.

Brandon and I talked about our summer plans. I had intended to take classes, but with the news of my dad I'm going to take the summer off. I'll have to tack on an extra semester bumping my graduation date, but time with my dad will be worth it. I've also already talked to friends of mine who own a diner in Bristol and I'll be helping them with caterings and hopping on a few evenings a week to bring in some income since I won't be work studying due to not enrolling for the summer term and the bakery can't give me any more time. Also the diner is in Bristol closer to my parents so I can stop in throughout the week.

Roscoe

Sorry to hear, Heather...
In sharing, today was amazing. It was my last day at the Capitol. Yesterday my chief broke the news that the House of Representatives were going to do something special for me. They did- a resolution read from the House floor in session, recognizing me for my service to the Capitol, complete with a standing ovation. I couldn't hold back the tears. And so many of them commented and messaged me afterwards. It truly humbled me.
And my loving wife and daughter was there to see it, and Germ watched it live online...
Then after that, my Captain and Chief presented me with a Capitol Citation from the Secretary of State- and my Chief asked if he could pray with me. For an Assembly of God boy, he can pray....asking God for His blessings on the lives of me and my beautiful family. It was an unbelievable day.
Then Lou, Chey and I went out to eat. Unfortunately Lou got lost and took us on a tour of Little Rock before I was finally able to direct her via phone to the Capitol and had her wait on me. Bless her heart, she has all the navigational skills of a drunken goose....

MsJennJenn

Aww 5-0 - you cried like a baby didn't you. Did they serve you a donut too?

Jk hehe..... sounds like you are pretty important round them parts. Glad they honored you! You deserve it!

Been sickly for a week. Still have so much gunk in my throat. Gross!

But .... 4 weeks 4 days until my 6-day Bahama trip.
Can't.
Wait.

:clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

I wish all you guys could come over to my house tomorrow. And help me clean up the yard. And eat brisket. And tater salad. And beans. And sausage. And hot dogs. And pineapple upside down cake. And brownies. And. And.  And. :grin: any takers?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on April 08, 2016, 02:30:53 PMI wish all you guys could come over to my house tomorrow. And help me clean up the yard. And eat brisket. And tater salad. And beans. And sausage. And hot dogs. And pineapple upside down cake. And brownies. And. And.  And. :grin: any takers?
You totally should be closer to Arkansas...:pound:

sunlight

Come on roscoe- you know you don't have to work this weekend...

sunlight

And if you come, I could convince Robbie to clean out his ham room! Please? Lol!

Roscoe

LOL. No chance. Spent all day today working on Rusty. Tomorrow we'll finish up that, and move to doing other needed cleanup type stuff around here.

sunlight

Roscoe

:hi:
 Awake. Fixing to go over and hopefully  finish up Rusty...then haul a load of parts to my half acre junkyard.  Then some clean up here...

Lynx

Someone say brisket?

*perk*

In local news, after church today the whole family will descend on Grandma's house for a big family dinner. I have seen a lot of our family get-togethers and I've never seen one I didn't like. Should be a good day today.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

And a good time was had by all. We have half a mountain of leftovers though. If anybody wants some tater salad, or some cornbread, or some really good turkey fresh-off-the-bird, come on by.

And Dan, my australian shepherd, has had a very good day. Right now he is curled up under the minivan and has no further interest in scraps, even skin and fat from the turkey.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I just have to get through 3 more weeks of school. Decided against summer classes. It'll cause me to have to tack on an extra semester at the end but worth it with not knowing what's exactly going on with Dad. Classes for fall will be Sociological Research, Intro to Psyc, Spanish 1, Classical Social Theory, and English 2. Decided to go with a fairly easy load [minus Theory] because who knows what life will be at that point.