News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I is still alive, wooby. Sore, cranky, and not quite as fluffy and lovable,  but alive. I know this because it hurts when I move. Anywhere.  Everywhere.  :P 
Got out of class and got the truck jumped- the battery died on the trip down. I really thought I had replaced it not long ago, but the tag on it showed it was made in 2010, so apparently I did not  $100 I didn't  need to spend later, and I was on the  way home. I've made it in and mowed at the yard, primarily because if I didn't I won't be able to when I get in next week. It's really to wet to mow, but at least I have it knocked down.
I think I'm gonna go run a hot tub of water and sit in it until lou hollers at me to get out. In other words, about 10 minutes.  :biglaugh: 
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Too much... food...

*Isaac lies on his side and concentrates for a while on breathing enough to not pass out.

There's this restaurant called Catfish Country. All you can eat fish of different kinds, plus fries, hushpuppies, coleslaw, fried green tomatoes, corn on the cob... bunch of other stuff too. And homemade desserts - the banana pudding was COOKED, not that instant pudding junk! And somebody in that kitchen knows how to fry fish - the whole fish was good and tender, that's nothing new... but the fillets were just as good. Not a chewy piece to be found.

So yeah, we went there for uncle Fred's birthday. Now I think I'll just lie here and rest for a while, and I might not eat until supper time, the day after tomorrow.

Bobby if you're ever going through north Alabama you need to let me know. We'll test the limits of "all-you-can-eat" and see how long it will take before they kick us out.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Since my last post:

Dad got through chemo.

Brandon got fired from Wal-Mart.

My FIL was admitted in and got released from the hospital.

Brandon got his old job at AutoZone back.

Bella is going to live with her grandpa [my FIL] as of today.

Also Brandon has started reading his bible and we have started praying together every night.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

In the same spirit of sharing, since my last post:

I got licked by a giraffe.  Yes, a real, live giraffe.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

We are still stuck with devil dog.

I've had a sinus headache for 2 days.

Classes start tomorrow.

Church this morning was awesome.

Roscoe

Back at Hell. Really missing my family, my life, and my church. Went by a local church here down from the academy. Met the pastor, a really nice young guy, but they were having a back to school play night for the kids, so no church for me..
Praying I survive this week's PT. The classroom stuff should be a breeze, it's firearms all week, something I have done consistently for 15 years and taught for 10 of those....
This is week 4. I have a total of six to do. So, four days this week of PT....then four days next week of PT, then two days the last week, which is more of a test than PT. So 10 more days of the worse physical part of the academy.
Of course next week is all week of groundfighting, which is physical and potentially injury laden, but shouldn't be as taxing as the morning stuff...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Note to self: Never tick off Bobby. He is one bad dude and he knows more about fighting than I hope I will ever need to learn.

Since my last post I have given two computers nervous fits, but they are now both doing what I wanted them to do.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

Roscoe- do you get Labor Day off by any chance?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on August 21, 2016, 02:55:54 AMIn the same spirit of sharing, since my last post:

I got licked by a giraffe.  Yes, a real, live giraffe.

Me too!! I fed him a biscuit too. I wanted to hug him, but that wasn't advised. :roll:

Ruby: same ol' I suppose. Work, school, church. Life's going by in a blur cus I'm just going thru the motions.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Sunlight. ..negative.  I shall still be stuck in Hell, aka camden.  That IS my last week though,thank God.
And in whining /sharing - hello knee agony. Nice of you to stop by. ...a whole bunch of muscle creme, well wrapped in ace bandanges, and two ibuprofen.  I'm going to bed like in the next hour,  praying  that tomorrow it will be well enough for me to do pt without  crying like a baby..
Oh...and a quick praise report. The battery that was $100 that I really hadnt planned for?
Well, when I got home and check my account, I discovered  that my agency pays "training  pay". An extra 90ish dollars this pay period. God knew the need and prepared for it before I had a clue....

SippinTea

Jason's off to youth camp this week, and thankfully I didn't have to drive him. Another mom in our church loaded up all the teens and took them over the mountain, and I kept her youngest (age 10) today so he wouldn't have to be bored in the van with all the teens for hours. Bella had a marvelous time with him, and so did Teddy. He's very sweet with younger kiddos, and thoroughly wore both of mine out, so I have high hopes that they will sleep well tonight. :D

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

I got to see Alex & his family this past weekend. His kiddos both have august birthdays.

Roscoe

Ah...another day down. Class tomorrow, if I survive morning PT...Then Thursday class, and Friday is homeward bound....Just a couple weeks left...

SippinTea

Had a couple big answers to prayer today. Thankful.

Now then... if Miss B would settle down and go to bed quietly.... well. That would be an answer to prayer too. *ahem*

Trenton and Ipo and little Stephen are coming for Thanksgiving. I can hardly wait. :D It's going to be pretty funny to see Teddy and Stephen together, methinks. And no doubt Miss B will be trying to boss all 5 boys at the same time. *smh* That girl...

Roscoe

Why did everyone get quiet.  Post,durn it. I can't whine and complain  effectively if I don't think someone is listening. .:pound:

Backseat Radio

We've had bad weather today in the northern part of Indiana with multiple tornado warnings.  One of the tornadoes flattened a Starbucks in Kokomo, Indiana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ5FiszEbps

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on August 24, 2016, 10:46:29 PMWhy did everyone get quiet.  Post,durn it. I can't whine and complain  effectively if I don't think someone is listening. .:pound:

*ignores roscoe*

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:pound:
 Meanie.
I  am very tired today. Ran 3 miles before breakfast,  and then have spent all morning  practicing active shooter drills. Ready for this day to be over and to head home tomorrow around noon...

SippinTea

Have two small wild banshees playing in an enormous box in my living room. Anyone wishing to not adult today is welcome to come join them. I'll be hiding in the corner with chocolate.

Roscoe

I totally  am tired of adulting, and wish I could walk away with chocolate and go play...sasly, I can't.  And I was offered,  and accepted,  chili dogs for dinner, which I  now have cause to believe was a poor tactical  decision. ..:sadbounce: :sick:

mini

I'm tired of moving.  Three more big items (fridge, freezer, and bed) then roughly 10 tons of junk.  How in the world did we accumulate so much junk!?!?

Heather

School has been interesting.

Dad is still exhausted but doing well.

Brandon should be starting AZ tomorrow.

We did counseling last night to suss out some of our issues that blew up when he got fired.

Going to my sister's tomorrow. Out of the blue she messaged me this morning inviting us to come down.

Roscoe

Well. Yall are  too  quiet.  I have been doing nothing  productive.  Last night we went out for pizza. Pizza Hut. I have NEVER had that greasy a pizza from pizza Hut in my life. Truthfully,  it was nasty.
Took Rusty for a ride today,wandered  around a local car show,  then came home to rest. Kim mowed my yard this week,saving me from having to do it, God bless her.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 27, 2016, 08:13:45 PMWell. Yall are  too  quiet.  I have been doing nothing  productive.  Last night we went out for pizza. Pizza Hut. I have NEVER had that greasy a pizza from pizza Hut in my life. Truthfully,  it was nasty.
Took Rusty for a ride today,wandered  around a local car show,  then came home to rest. Kim mowed my yard this week,saving me from having to do it, God bless her.
I like pizza myself, but I hadn't gone to Pizza Hut in years. A couple months ago I got a pizza from there just on a whim. It was... slimy. Not sure how to explain it. And it wasn't a specialty pizza either, just a standard medium one-topping. But it felt slimy. I won't be going back there for a bit longer than a few years.
"Do you sing at church?"