News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Wooby if you're selling kiddos, I might consider a lease option. Send them here, and when they get to the mouthy stage, I'll trade 'em in for a newer model. :ugly:

Feeling blessed tonight. Bro Papa and Sis Papa took us out to dinner for my birthday at my favorite bbq place, Hogpen. Lord, those ribs were good.....
And to compliment my backslide on the diet ways, I'm sitting here eating chocolate covered Craisins and feeling not the least bit guilty. I'll pay for it Monday, but oh well....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Brandon and I are both trying to doze off after church. Meatballs are in the crock pot. We are doing a throw together dinner. Meaning we throw whatever we have together for dinner. So it's honey bbq meatballs, mac n cheese, and corn. Lol.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Sounds good. I just ate a chicken strip dinner. From a convenience store. Lord I will be glad to get this behind me....week 3 starting. This one and three more....
 And it appears like my truck battery is dead. Started it at the store and it turned over a bit slow. At the academy, It started right up- once. Now it won't turn over. Not the alternator, because the light never came on, it shows to be charging normally. I'll have to get a jump Friday for the trip home.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I had stuff at home i was going to cook today, but it was my cousins birthday this week so I was invited out. Told them I was between paychecks So i really have to go home, So they said come anyway and paid for my meal.

Went to Aztecas Mexican place. I've been there many many times, but got something different today...a steak fajita taco salad. It was awesome! And fairly cheap. Less than $9. I will be getting that again.

So now I have leftover potato soup from Saturday, and I have two cube steaks marinating in wostishire sauce and onion soup mix with mushrooms on top in the fridge. I'll bake those up tomorrow and fry  down some cabbage and I have some red potatoes to steam off and that will be tomorrow's dinner..what I was going to have today. Lol

Next weekend is Stoneking revival in Pensacola, and I'm going to at least one night of that, and then making lasagna on Sunday and having company after church.

This work week needs to hurry along. Lol

Whopperrito is being introduced tomorrow. We will see how this goes. SMH.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I know not how successful the whopperito will be, but I can tell you from experience that for the employees it will be a whopper of a pain. There's a reason McDonald's stopped selling their "premium" chicken wraps. Burritos are rather awkward in a system designed for making burgers.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on August 15, 2016, 10:03:24 AMI know not how successful the whopperito will be, but I can tell you from experience that for the employees it will be a whopper of a pain. There's a reason McDonald's stopped selling their "premium" chicken wraps. Burritos are rather awkward in a system designed for making burgers.

I loved, loved those chicken wraps. lol the snack one was the perfect light meal.
The chicken-chili flavored one they had = YUM.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Those snack size wraps were the last thing I ever ate from McD's. I haven't eaten there in about 3 years now though.

1 week til school. I'm ready. My course load this semester is German, Social Research, the 2nd English class, and 2 Women's Studies classes. I'm debating double majoring again. Might as well instead of having to go back and get a 2nd degree. Cost less to go ahead and double.

I'll also be starting taking monday night bible college classes through my church. I did a year way back in the day so the instructor told me I could start in the 2nd year. If it gets to be too much I could just audit but with only doing ETSU and 10 hours of work study I feel it could be done.

Of course a lot of this is contingent on the news we get from dad's cancer doctor tomorrow. Either way, we will get through this.

mini

I remember years ago (1996) when Long John Silvers first introduced the wrap.   I'm sure other people had them, but I rhink LJS was the first national chain to have them.

I would love to have another one of them.  We had a special deal to make "crunchies" to put in them,  special fish and chicken, special sauce, rice.... I'm now hungry.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on August 15, 2016, 07:59:16 PMI remember years ago (1996) when Long John Silvers first introduced the wrap.   I'm sure other people had them, but I rhink LJS was the first national chain to have them.

I would love to have another one of them.  We had a special deal to make "crunchies" to put in them,  special fish and chicken, special sauce, rice.... I'm now hungry.

Loved Long John Silvers too. They had the best hushpuppies. YUM. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Y'all  are all talking about good food, and I'm sitting here stuck in elementary school  food hell. Just ate a slice of the nastiest pizza I've ever had, and luck was equally bad spaghetti. 
To make things worse,  I have a 6 pm night class over things I've known for years and they won't let me miss, and my knees are hurting worse than they ever have.  Tonight,  I truly need a touch from God.

Heather

Dad's tumors have shrunk and his liver lesions are almost gone. Excuse me while I have me shoutin fit in middle of this cancer center....

MelodyB

Roscoe

Another day down. Another day of pain. And I am closer to going home for the week.. Yay!

mini

If you are reading this, I blame you.

If you didn't read it, I blame you anyway.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on August 17, 2016, 06:06:30 PMIf you are reading this, I blame you.

If you didn't read it, I blame you anyway.

:pound:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I blame all of you. I'm hurting  tonight, missing my family,  missing my church,missing  being a police officer,  and wondering if I was really in the will of God taking this job.
I have to deal with it now. I thought it was God's will, I prayed about it and everything  fell into place...so it must be, right?
Just a low day, my friends. And this is my cry place, so please ignore my downer attitude tonight, or say a prayer for me.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Morning all you people.

And Roscoe. Whatever he is....

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on August 18, 2016, 01:37:01 PMMorning all you people.

And Roscoe. Whatever he is....

I is- sore, cranky, tarred, and...wired like a squirrel on meth thanks  to the delicious Mocha Monster energy drink this morning.

Unlike ole Portly Porky Porter, who appears to.just be irritable. :ugly:

mini

I will remember this come Monday when you are crying about how tough life is...

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on August 18, 2016, 05:26:06 PMI will remember this come Monday when you are crying about how tough life is...
And I shall care not one whit. I may be hurting. Whining.  But I ain't Portly. :P

mini

No...you are more starboard....

MelodyB

mini

Post ya bunch of neglected heathens.

SippinTea

I'm posting, you reprobate.

Our new tote bags arrived in the mail today. :D I like them. A lot. And I decided to run a random promotion on our FB that any orders today get a free tote bag. Within just a little while I had 3 pretty decent sized orders come in. LOL. Yay for social media marketing.

Roscoe, are you still alive??

Jenn, what's going on in your world right now? I miss hearing about your life, and I seem to be struggling to keep in touch with anyone these days. Bah.

Less then 2 months to go until we meet the latest Pirate Ringo offspring. No, we don't have a name picked out. He probably won't be named for three days after his birth like poor Teddy was. LOL. I am excessively waddle-y these days. Which is ever so fun when chasing two toddlers around. :P I think it will be fun to have three little ones growing up together though. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel