News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Ah kombucha. Never tried it myself, but I remember the hue and cry when they took it off the shelf.

In local news, I read something funny:
"Hey honey, what did you put in this casserole?"
"Well, I put beef, broccoli, rice, sour cream..."
"Eyeglasses?"
"Oh I was wondering where those were!"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Um. Wait. I'm one of Roscoe's heroes?? What.ev.er. :P

Kombucha is actually pretty yummy, but I would drink it even if it wasn't, just 'cause it's so high in probiotics. :) But we also have one of the best kombucha makers in the US producing at their factory in our area (Humm Kombucha). So if you try a knock-off brand, I can't guarantee ANYthing of what you'll think of it. :P

So I let Bella play in the rain and stomp in mud puddles this afternoon when a storm came through (yes, I'm one of those terribly negligent mothers that lets her kids actually BE kids - shocking, I know) :P and got some pretty cute vids. They're on FB, for anyone who wants to see all the splashing. LOL I ran Teddy out in the rain, too, and he loved it. Sooo... when all the watery/muddy play was done, had to give them both a bath. Which meant Miss B was late for her quiet time. While I was trying to get her settled, Mr. Ted was getting into everything and wailing loudly. Sooo... I put him in his play pen while I did a couple quick things, and I planned to go rock him to sleep as soon as I was done. Everything went quiet, though, and I just looked over there, and he's sound asleep. Wait, WHAT?!?! Babies actually DO that?!?! *flabbergasted* Bella has never ever ever - and I mean never - done that. I am speechless. And may need coffee to revive myself.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

"For someone who has the cancer you do, you sure are a healthy fella." -Dad's regular doctor  :thumbsup2:

Today was the beginning of Round 4. Thankfully we were out of chemo fairly quickly. Came home and took a nap.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi:
Back at work. Lou and child are enroute to PEAK in Tulsa, leaving me on my own until Saturday. And I'm off work Friday....thinking about loading up the camper and disappering for a day or so..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on July 20, 2016, 12:48:33 PM:hi:
Back at work. Lou and child are enroute to PEAK in Tulsa, leaving me on my own until Saturday. And I'm off work Friday....thinking about loading up the camper and disappering for a day or so..

Our youth group is going to that this weekend too.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

It'll be huge. I'm just too cantankerous and old for it. Last time I went, the music was so loud my ears rang for 2 days, and I am someone who doesn't have sensitive ears. Well, that, and the little incident when we got to the arena after about 70 percent of the people did and wound up at the top of some removable bleachers. All was well until the kid in front of me decided to worship by jumping. After about two jumps and me looking down to see over 20 feet to the floor beneath me, I leaned forward and told the young man if he wanted to worship like that, by all means do- on the floor. 'Cause I could just see that bleacher collapsing...
I decided right then and there I'm too old for that.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I default to earplugs for things like that. Every single time the volume is at blasting level.

And we wonder why our hearing gets bad.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I'm majorly dragging thid morning. Don't feel great either. Fortunantly it is my Friday, I'm burning another vacation day tomorrow..:)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on July 21, 2016, 12:57:38 PM:hi:
 I'm majorly dragging thid morning. Don't feel great either. Fortunantly it is my Friday, I'm burning another vacation day tomorrow..:)

I'm dragging majorly too. I didn't get to work until almost 9:20. I tried to take vacation tomorrow too, since my birthday is Saturday.
But the boss wouldn't let me...cus of my birthday. He's got surprises I'm guessing. Cus he hinted that's why I couldn't take the full day, he said I could leave early though haha.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

It has also literally taken me ALL morning to post that one up there. It kept giving me a 'server hangup" error. :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Bobby: My uncle Fred, you remember him? I mentioned your kvetching about paperwork and he said yeah, when he worked with the sheriff office he had to do paperwork every time someone acted the fool and he had to take the dude to jail. He said paperwork should come with a label of "Charmin" or "Bounty."
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Emily is coming back to Criminal Minds next season!!!!

Also, Brandon is off work til Monday and I'm ready to already kill him.

They've decided to scan dad in 3 weeks because essentially he's healthier than he should be. Other than being tired the chemo hasn't effected him the way they expected. They are giving him enough that he should be sicker. I choose to see it as a positive!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on July 22, 2016, 02:14:59 PMEmily is coming back to Criminal Minds next season!!!!

But....but...Derek.

:sadbounce:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

It's my birthday!

Spent the morning with my parents and sis garage saleing.

Then having a swimming party with my girlfriends this afternoon.

Then birthday dinner with my family tonight.

Then Outback with my church friends tomorrow after church!

Happy weekend! :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

I'm late to the party, obviously, but..... Happy birthday, lovely!! :)

Roscoe

:hi: Yes, happy birthday Jenn.
Lou and Chey are back home. I've nearly melted, it's been so hot...

Heather

It would be inappropriate to discuss from where all and how much I've been sweating the last few days. Shew Lord.

Got up and going to church this morning. Brandon was dragging and decided to stay home. We didn't even get to the preaching before the spirit fell this morning. I was trying to scoot back from the prayer line forming in the altar and bumped into someone. Turned around and it was Brandon. He said about 20 minutes after I left he decided to get off his keister and come along. So not only did he get there, but he actually came up to the altar too. He's not fully there yet, but I enjoy watching his 'baby steps'.  :cool:

Roscoe

I'm back at work, trying to get 100+ casefiles current and in good order before I go away. Got two days to do this, then I'm off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday at 2 pm, while my church is enjoying 5th Sunday potluck, I will be running laps. Bah.
I totally am unhappy with this, but my pastor pointed out that I will do fine, since God knew it was a requirement aand blessed me with the job, He certainly won't let me down. And my prayer warrior/Adopted Mama, Sis Hattie , stated that it'll be easier for me than I think. She has a direct line with God, so I'm hoping that means He's gonna send His angels to caarry me around that track. :laughhard:
My 86 year old cheering squad/back up prayer warrior/ retired minister, a sweet mischevious old lady named Sister Reed, has informed me that she too will be praying for me and will miss me while I'm gone... Surely with all this intervention I can survive...:lol:

SippinTea

*pats Roscoe on the head* We'll have a donut waiting at the finish line.

*evil grin*

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on July 25, 2016, 04:11:05 PM*pats Roscoe on the head* We'll have a donut waiting at the finish line.

*evil grin*

I got news for you lady. Weight loss or not, when I finish the academy  again I am going to eat a whole dozen donuts. By myself. And chase em down with chocolate milk, and pass out from the sugar coma.
Oh, and :pound: evil Jenn

Heather

Got asked this morning if I'd change my shift from closing to lunch today. Gladly!! The sister who runs the closing shift is so cranky. ALL. THE. TIME. It took everything in me yesterday not to stab her with the potato peeler in my hand and walk out. Makes for a swift getting ready and out the door this morning, but I'll be grateful later.

Looking forward to the King's friends and family picnic this weekend. Brandon has never been to their farm and I'm trying to get my mom and dad to go with me. My mom has been there before and Sis. Barbara asks about her all the time.