News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

In local news, my dog is now hiding in his doghouse and I can't really blame him. We just went out for a training run to learn the boundaries of this new wireless fence thing I got him. Central transmitter broadcasts a signal the collar picks up, and if the collar gets too close to the boundary the dog gets a warning tone, then a mild shock. My australian shepherd is very intelligent so it doesn't take much. But this morning was our first trial run (on a leash) with this thing, so he's not really happy right now.

I feel like curling up in my doghouse too, but I gotta go to w*rk now.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Hey Roscoe, did your package arrive safely?

Trying to clean out and organize desk/office stuff today. Found a bunch of address labels with my maiden name on them, which means Bella is now having fun sticking them on everything in sight. :P  :updown:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on July 14, 2016, 08:45:02 PMFound a bunch of address labels with my maiden name on them, which means Bella is now having fun sticking them on everything in sight. :P  :updown:

I don't even know if you have any pets, but I already feel sorry for them. :p
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

That's when not changing your name comes in handy  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

No pets. And at least it's keeping her occupied. :P

Roscoe

Yes. I've been enjoying it. :fork: Even sent a pic to Mel and Porter, bragging that I had received it.

Thank God tomorrow is Friday. It was a busy day, as usual. I think I severely underestimated the work load at this job, but I find that I actually enjoy it. I will be glad to get past the second week in September though...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bobby I get the impression dreading it is going to wear you down much more than the actual week. By the time that week actually gets here you'll be worthle... well, as close to worthless as you ever get, which isn't worthless, but you won't be at your best.

Maybe it would be best for Lou to knock you out until that week.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 15, 2016, 02:14:01 AMBobby I get the impression dreading it is going to wear you down much more than the actual week. By the time that week actually gets here you'll be worthle... well, as close to worthless as you ever get, which isn't worthless, but you won't be at your best.

Maybe it would be best for Lou to knock you out until that week.
You may be right. But the second week of september is the finish date. That's what I'm looking forward to. :lol:
 And in sharing, one of my wayward souls went on a bender night before last. Burgaled a store, and assuming correctly that the police were on to him, waited until a dumb trusting soul left their truck running while they went in to cash lottery tickets, and hopped into the truck and took off. I hope lottery dude won a ton, 'cause he needs it to buy another truck.
 Because of that inconsiderate act, I now have a couple of hours of added paperwork on my load that I did not need..:pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Raining here. No correction - it's POURING. :roll:

Thunder made me jump and yelp earlier.
Phones are down I guess? I can't dial out.

But I had a donut......sigh......ok four for breakfast. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I finally got a new phone. I left the iPhone family and got a Samsung galaxy express 3. I like it. It's not too different than what I'm used to. It's new, and it's been years and years since I've had a brand new phone. It's pretty. Lol

Thank God for the weekend. I had a frustrating and tiresome week. 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Bobby I begin to get the impression being a parole officer is like herding cats, but more difficult... because I have never met any cats with such destructive tendencies.

How do you keep it straight which forms to fill out for what?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 16, 2016, 01:56:53 AMBobby I begin to get the impression being a parole officer is like herding cats, but more difficult... because I have never met any cats with such destructive tendencies.

How do you keep it straight which forms to fill out for what?
Yes.Herding cats that are stupid AND conniving.
The forms- eh, it's a learning process. After doing a few of them you get the idea of what you need to do. That and for the involved ones- like a parole revocation- I found one done by an experienced officer. I printed out all the pages, labeled each sheet with the word "EXAMPLE" , and shoved it into one of my desk drawers. Then when I get one I need to do, I pull it out and use it as an example on how to do it. My cheating is paying off, I've yet to get one kicked back and I can almost do them without looking now.

And in sharing, I planned to relax this weekend, but the washing machine had other ideas. Stupid thing- the drainage pump apparently went out. Being cheap and broke, I tore it apart and now if I can get the new part in, hopefully I will have repaired it tomorrow. I just hope that's all that's wrong with it.  I was gonna complain about it dying until I looked at the year of manufacture and done some quick math. We've had it 8, nearly 9 years. Time has flown by...

Lynx

Nine years is a long time for a major appliance? Man, time really does fly... I can remember when twenty years was the minimum you expected from a fridge or washer.

Or was it used when you bought it?
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Our fridge is the original one in our apartment when it was built. It's that amazing 1971 yellow. Our double ovens and [sometimes working] stove top are the same color. The dishwasher is black  :cool:

After a stern talking to from me, my sister decided to show up at my parents today. She has only been coming up once a month if that. :roll:

Roscoe

Well, I'm hoping for 20 plus years out of it. I thought nine wasn't bad, given the amount of use it has experienced. At any rate, I drove to Little Rock today and bought the drainage pump-$115, ouch- and put it back together. Works perfectly.

Roscoe

:hi: Woke up troubled in my soul today. Would request prayer for a situation in a close friends life.
Gonna try to teach tonight on the Fear of the Lord. Really pray that I can get across what I feel.
Of course, it would be better if God just showed up and took over.

Heather

I thought last sunday was bad....this sunday proved me wrong. Mentally I am struggling. Hard.

Thankfully my friend Amber invited me out on the lake. Much needed relaxation. Chemo starts Tuesday. My job only scheduled me for 1 shift this week.

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yes. Quick, someone lock the gate before the old goat escapes.....
:hi:

SippinTea

Goat? Where's the goat? I need someone to keep the lawn eaten/mowed down....

Been making kombucha lately. But my guys all love it enough that I'm having trouble making enough to have on hand until the next batch is ready. *grin*

Sean decided to try his hand at baking hoagie rolls. And now he's wanting to use them for dinner. I'm more then fine with that. Any dinner that includes (quick!) hot sandwiches is alright by me. Trying to decide between sloppy joes, pulled pork, etc... hmmm....

Roscoe

* goes to Google kombucha, since that word is NOT in my superbly  high vocabulary *
Lol.
 It was a long day. Real long.
And now I have smothered  a pork loin with all kinds of seasonings, diced onion, and  apples  and wrapped in bacon and have it smoking away. And I've poured some PRS on it too.m. Dinner will be a tad late tonight,  but should be worth waiting for. :fork:

Roscoe

Fermented tea?!? You sot! :hypocrite:
 Next thing I know you'll be like the late lamented  Meller Yeller, chasing herbs and shrooms....:sadbounce:
Oh, how far will my heroes fall?!? *WAILS LOUDLY*

MelodyB

I too was wondering what that was...i see that y'all post pictures of bottles of it frequently. To win contests and such. Weird.

I have company coming tomorrow! Yay! My friend and her two sons will be visiting me for one or two days. Depends on how the little guy does, he has Downs syndrome and sometimes he doesn't do well out of his routine, but if he does well, they will stay two nights with me!

I'm happy. Went grocery shopping today for the things I'm gonna cook while they are here. I'm ready for a friend visit. OVER ready.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?