News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I know what you mean Bobby. Our bank used to be like that. Then they sold out to a chain. My grandmother wanted a loan to get her roof fixed and they needed references and a credit history. We'd love to have a bank like yours again.

What really hurt is the same person who knew us by name is the one who required all that for a loan. He didn't like it much either, but he had to follow the new rules. Everyone was unhappy about it, but nothing anyone can do.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 18, 2016, 01:51:12 PMI know what you mean Bobby. Our bank used to be like that. Then they sold out to a chain. My grandmother wanted a loan to get her roof fixed and they needed references and a credit history. We'd love to have a bank like yours again.

What really hurt is the same person who knew us by name is the one who required all that for a loan. He didn't like it much either, but he had to follow the new rules. Everyone was unhappy about it, but nothing anyone can do.
Alot of that is crackdowns on the banks by federal regulators too. My bank even tightened up a bit, but I've been there so long and have all the credit, references, ect that I can still get by with the handshake kinda thing. They'll tell me they have to go before the board, but it'll be no problem- especially since the "board" that makes the decision is my loan officer, the bank president I've known for ten years, and two other loan officers that I've known for even longer....having been police here helps alot, as well as growing up here. They might be just as strict as your bank on a new account....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Rain, rain, rain. And it's cool here, only 61* unusual for May in Texas.

Lynx

You can NOT have our sunshine Fuzzy. The less rain we have, the slower the grass grows, the less often I have to mow.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Cooler here too, and it's been damp.... I just don't care for rainy weather.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Photos of my Bahama trip - that I did with my DSLR> If anyone is interested. lol
Lots of ocean pics. It was just so gorgeous. And turquoise. Sigh. Love it.

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/MsJennJenn/library/Bahama%20Trip

Rainy, cool and BLEH here. SUCH a droopy day. Compared to coming home from the Bahama's haha.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on May 19, 2016, 09:59:25 PMYou can NOT have our sunshine Fuzzy. The less rain we have, the slower the grass grows, the less often I have to mow.
I'm just glad we're no longer in drought.

Roscoe

Jenn, that water is so blue and beautiful. Makes me want to run off to an island like that and stay.
Morning all. It's a pretty day today, Sunshine here. And it is finally friday. Yay. Plans for the weekend, assuming I make it through today, is to buy a few more sheets of plywood and finish putting the top on the camper. Oh, and mow the yard...

Heather

I was getting stressed about finances. Most of our bills are due the first 2 weeks of the month. Here I am sitting around not working (i start my new job officially on the 28th due to dad's chemo round next week) and the bills are just rolling in. Wednesday night I dropped my tithe in the bucket having already calculated how many boxes of noodles it would have bought so we could actually eat. Today as I was leaving our landlady/neighbor popped out the back door and asked if we wanted a job in exchange for rent for June. So we will be building her a simple covering for her front porch in exchange for the 400 our rent would of been. Jehovah Jireh, my provider. Glory!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

*Hugs* Heather and Mel

I am so far behind on news, I can't catch up on everything. Here's hoping I caught the important stuff while skimming like mad.

Sean had his big mental health test yesterday. Now it's a waiting game until the 31st when we go back for a de-briefing. Glad it's not long to wait. I'm SO ready for him to move on/move out, whatever he needs to do. Hoping we don't just get a diagnosis for him, but get some options for him. Like, maybe group housing, or something. :/

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Heather- I don't know why folks can't get a grip on the fact that you can't outgive God. I can't turn around without evidence of that, but some of us have to learn the hard way. I've been on both sides of giving- unfaithful and nearly wound up bankrupt, and faithful and miraculously things got paid.. Doesn't mean I always have everything I want, but I can truthfully say He's ALWAYS provided my needs when I did my part...
And in sharing- I found out something I didn't really want to. F26 brand wood adhesive- it don't come off'n fingers very well. :lol:
Got a bit more done on the teardrop today. Hoping to finish the roof tomorrow, then I can start sanding, wood putty-ing, polyurethan-ing, trimming, wiring, painting...lol. Somewhere my simple weekend project exploded on me. But it's keeping me busy, teaching me  things, and all in all it has been relatively cheap and it'll be something the family can enjoy cheaply when it's done.

MelodyB

It doesn't look very big. Where will you put the bathroom and how can you stand up? I know you are short, but that thing looks super small.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

It's not very big. Teardrop campers are basically a bed with a roof on wheels. One step up from a tent Very lightweight. There are no toilets,showers or anything like that.  They are designed to be pulled easily, primitive camping, that kinda thing. They came about starting in the '20s, but their heyday was after WW2. A lot of companies built them and sold plans for them in the late 40s, and you could get a tent to attach to the door to stand up and get dressed in, then get in the camper to sleep. The upscale ones have a hatch that opens in the back with a mini kitchen- ice chest, small sink, place to carry water, stove- but I didn't put all that in mine. Rusty isn't overpowered, so we need something light, and we do all of our cooking on a campfire anyway. I just wanted a place to sleep in comfort..

Backseat Radio

MelodyB

I hope you are adding a window unit so you can sleep in comfort. Lol

Hello, Tia...what's on the agenda for your Vay-Kay?

MsJennJenn

Melbs :hug:
Ruby darlin :hug:

We miss your posts dear friends.

I got up early this morning was out of the house by 9. Went to Dollar Tree for various things I use that are cheap. Then went to Aldi to stock back up for the next two weeks or so. Then came home, made Tacos for lunch and started on my Typography Portrait of Andrae Crouch. Only took me like 6 1/2 hours. But it's turned in....although this professor grades hard.

:pound:

Since then I've just been piddling around my crib, cleaning up and such. Love being home in my own zone again.

Fun fact: no tacos or mexican food in the Bahamas. How sad.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

A friend of mine knocked on my door this morning and told me she was coming back this afternoon to take me to a movie. So I cleaned my house, cause I had company coming over for dinner and got ready and went with her to see Jungle Book in 3D. WOW! It was awesome! They didn't stray from the book, the effects were amazing, especially in 3D and it was just very very well done. The best part...we were in the theatre almost alone...only one kid in there and about 5 adults...so quiet and nice. I enjoyed myself. Then came home and my company came over and we ate and all is well.

MelodyB

Jenn...do you have any Pirate Ringo Salsa for your tacos yet? It's awesome...I suggest you contact my supplier if you haven't already. That goes for Isaac too...since he likes to eat, he would enjoy that.

In fact...ALL of GP should at least get one jar to support my friend. ;)

Backseat Radio

Quote from: MelodyB on May 22, 2016, 01:28:02 AMHello, Tia...what's on the agenda for your Vay-Kay?

Nothing formal planned for vacation.  mostly visiting my grandparents and maybe doing some shopping and catching up on sleep.  Did have to plan one not so fun thing during vacation... an ultrasound on Tuesday morning to try to find out the cause of a medical problem I'm having.

Lynx

MelodyB: Please elaborate concerning pirate ringo salsa. Include descriptions of taste, price range, shipping options and who in the world is pirate ringo?

Jenn gains points (and the second n) for Dollar Tree, Aldi and Andrae Crouch. All are good in their places. Especially Aldi. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

ROFL!! Nice plug, Mel. Real subtle. ;) :D

Isaac - Pirate Ringo is my hubby. We're launching a new business venture with salsa. See, he's an incredible cook (WAY better than I am - seriously) and his salsa has become rather famous among friends and family. We've been after him for years to market, but he always just laughed and shook his head. Recently he started taking us more seriously (no idea what took him so long, silly man) ;) and now he's making salsa like mad, and his business manager (AKA me) is scrambling to keep up with orders. We can't sell to anyone except friends and family until we get licensed (good grief, it's a process!!) but I'm already really struggling to keep up. I'm not even kidding. Once people found out we were selling it, I'm shipping jars all over the country. Which means that once we can go live, there's no chance of me keeping up with orders, nor him keeping up with making it. Which means I'm already researching co-packers in our state before we're even licensed! It's sheer madness, but in a good way. :) And I'm incredibly grateful to God for opening up doors like He is. :) Our Kickstarter is in edit mode, since I'm still scrambling to crunch numbers, but if you want to take a peek I could send you a preview link. I know you aren't on Facebook, so you haven't seen all the craziness on the Pirate Ringo's Salsa page lately. I actually thought of you a couple weeks ago, and almost wrote you a note to tell you what was going on since I figured you would probably really like his salsa, but since I haven't been around much lately I was afraid it would be a bit rude.  :lol:

Jenn - I've been missing you, too! Struggling to keep up with everything going on right now, which means a good chunk of my down-time went bye-bye once again. Ah well. Seasons come and go. One day I'm sure I'll be wondering why the house is so quiet. :)

Both my younger siblings are graduating college in a few weeks. *sniffle sniffle* And Mr. Teddy will turn one next month! WHAT?!? How did THAT happen?!? I feel a bit old.  :updown:

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Oh, just realized I never answered your other questions, Isaac. The friends and family rate until we go live is $6.50 per pint jar. Comes out to $13.30, shipped. Or $25 for two jars shipped. I would rank this on the warm end of medium, perhaps. Maybe not quite that hot, depending on who you ask. It's got a bit of a smoky flavor, and the texture is really thick. As in, it will stay on your chip when you dip it.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on May 22, 2016, 03:49:17 AMMelodyB: Please elaborate concerning pirate ringo salsa. Include descriptions of taste, price range, shipping options and who in the world is pirate ringo?

Jenn gains points (and the second n) for Dollar Tree, Aldi and Andrae Crouch. All are good in their places. Especially Aldi. :cool:

Haha yes we want this salsa too. Yes Ruby it lets you look at it sans fb. Thanks for sharing to us non-facebookers. Lol I want some but I can't until the after rent pay day.  :smirk2:

And I sureeeee do love Aldi. It's a poor single college students answer to a hungry belly. Gonna especially be more grateful for it when my rent goes up $50 here in two months. Can't really afford it and pay tithes at the same time. But I guess we'll see what happens. Sigh. Like Rosoe said, can't afford NOT to pay tithes. Something I'm mega trying to work on this year. Lawd.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

Oh yay! Thanks for posting the link, Sandra. I thought it wouldn't be able to be viewed unless you had an account. :)

Rent increases stink. Ours is over double what it was when we got married.  :smirk2: