News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I'm regretting my decision to give my current employer two more weeks. If I'd just said no, I could be relaxing today and starting my new gig tomorrow...instead I have two more weeks of driving back and forth to Little Rock. I shall be so glad when that is behind me.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Why hasn't anyone else posted?? You slackers. I see our revival did just like our church revivals have a tendacy to do- renewed interest, then one day they miss, then again- and suddenly they backslid.
You backslidden heathens. :-P
And the reason I was posting- we had an awesome service today. My ten year old nephew got the Holy Ghost! Like, an hour of laying in the floor, snotting and speaking in tongues. No doubt...Made the entire church's day. And our tiny little church marked a milestone with today's service as well- 101 first time visitors in the past year. I just wish some of them had stayed for more than three or four services...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I'm gonna live it
Minute by minute
Minute by minute
Day by day
Walking with Jesus
Minute by minute
I can live
The Glory way

Sorry, my music collection just got through with The Hemphills and now their songs are stuck in my head.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In local news, I am concerned about my finances. See, in May I'm taking a trip up to east TN to see my mother. Between me and her is a McKay's used bookstore.

Last time I went up to visit Mom she told me that in addition to the Nashville McKay's there is also a Knoxville McKay's. So I had to stop there too. Yesterday I was talking to her about the trip and mentioned I would have to stop at McKay's for a bit. She said, "Oh there's a McKay's in Johnson City too."

I said, "No, no, NO! What did I tell you when you informed me about the Knoxville McKay's? That information is NSFW - Not Safe For Wallet."

So yeah, I'm a bit concerned about my finances right now...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Johnson City is actually a Mr K's. Same concept, but much smaller inventory. I maybe come away with 10-20 bucks missing from my wallet. However, McKay's in Knoxville usually gets around 50 bucks.

Only 5 weeks of school left. 2 tests this week. Sign up for summer and fall classes next week.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Only one week left for school for me. Then the next term starts April 11.
Up next: Typography, and Advertising Copy & Design. Two separate classes. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Oh, that. I have been to mr. K's. Wasn't impressed.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Quote from: Lynx on March 27, 2016, 03:13:30 AMYeah that sounds about right for ribs.

My pastor was making a point about good things taking time. He said a friend at work claims he has a newfangled smoker that cooks ribs in 25 minutes. Something about deep-heat injection or something. He said no thanks, he'll pass on those ribs.

Power pressure cooker... I have one of these. I bet if I made you ribs and didn't tell you how I cooked them, you would eat them just fine.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

I'm not big on ribs anyway. I was just quoting what my pastor said. I have no idea whether it is good or not.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

The neighbors dogs got out & killed 10 of my 13 chickens. :(

Roscoe

:hi:
Made it through the  day. Came home and tried something  new- I am not a big fish eater, but the idea of smoked salmon appealed to me.  So I bought 4  salmon  steaks,  mixed up a brine loosely based on a recipe I found online, let the salmon  soak while I filled the flower  boxes and planted flowers,  then came in, dried them off and put them on the smoker on low heat-200 degrees.  Left them on for a couple of hours while I mowed and rode my bicycle  a mile or two.
They were awesome. But truthfully,other than the texture  I would not have known it was fish. Delicious  though, and according  to my s health app only around 23 calories  a piece. This is good. Very good indeed.

Heather

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 29, 2016, 01:42:04 AMThe neighbors dogs got out & killed 10 of my 13 chickens. :(

Shoot them. The dogs. Not the remaining chickens.

Lynx

Shmoked shalmon!

There's an all-you-can-eat sushi place here that serves sushi made with smoked salmon. Yum!
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I should smoke some salmon.

Now that I know how to use my grill as a smoker. Oh yeah!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

I love smoking food. :fork:
Back at work. Got to teach bible study tonight. No clue as to what yet, but God will supply I'm sure. Gonna take tomorrow off to get stuff together to turn in. Hard to believe that I only have like four days of work left here, then it's off to a new chapter....

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

*Lynx runs off yelling, "Bobby's smoking again! Bobby's smoking again! Get out the NicoDerm!"
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 30, 2016, 12:05:22 PM*Lynx runs off yelling, "Bobby's smoking again! Bobby's smoking again! Get out the NicoDerm!"
Somehow, I knew someone would grab that low lying fruit. :lol:
I must admit I suspected Taco or Mini, not you, Weird Cat. Maybe Seth if he ever wandered back in, but in the words eloquently penned by Shakespeare centuries ago- "Eu tu, Brute?" :sadbounce:

Heather

Between the months of June to December, I will be taking Sociological Research, US History since 1877, German 1, Intro to Psychology, Applied Sociology, Classical Social Theory, and Intro to Women's Studies [for the 3rd time. lol. 1st time I was failed for being 1/8 of a page short on the final and the 2nd time I had to drop midway through the semester for illness.]

I'm so glad I'm not at Keva anymore. My life is so much less stressful.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on March 30, 2016, 03:13:29 PMIntro to Women's Studies [for the 3rd time. lol. 1st time I was failed for being 1/8 of a page short on the final

Soooooo ridiculous. Professors are SO dumb. I mean really? That's like not even a paragraph worth.... :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

I had an A+ in the class all the way up to the final. I was furious. The professor was online and doesn't live anywhere close and there was no way to appeal. I was peeved to say the least.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 30, 2016, 02:43:16 PM
Quote from: Lynx on March 30, 2016, 12:05:22 PM*Lynx runs off yelling, "Bobby's smoking again! Bobby's smoking again! Get out the NicoDerm!"
Somehow, I knew someone would grab that low lying fruit. :lol:
I must admit I suspected Taco or Mini, not you, Weird Cat. Maybe Seth if he ever wandered back in, but in the words eloquently penned by Shakespeare centuries ago- "Eu tu, Brute?" :sadbounce:
It is french. "Et tu, Brute?" And "oui, moi aussi." Yup, me too.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I saw Chel today. I got two chickens from her.