News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

1/2 to 3/4 cup pineapple,mango,strawberry mixed frozen fruit ( Great Value brand),
2  to 3 tbsp.  plain Greek  yogurt, 
around a cup to a cup and a half plain almond milk,
2 tsp  of local honey,
and 2 tsp cocoa powder.
 I've got one of those individual blenders, kinda like the Bullet, except I'm cheap and bought a Rival, I think.
 Absolutly delish. I've tried this without the cocoa powder and it's good, but the cocoa makes it into a thick, creamy,chocolate goody.. In fact, I WANT one now, but can't make it without waking up Lou, which would result in my death. :sob:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Ruby, PM sent.

Had to smile at the Ringo Circus line.

Bobby, that must be a curious job. It would be BETTER to have less business because that would mean less crime.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on June 04, 2016, 04:48:33 AM1/2 to 3/4 cup pineapple,mango,strawberry mixed frozen fruit ( Great Value brand),
2  to 3 tbsp.  plain Greek  yogurt, 
around a cup to a cup and a half plain almond milk,
2 tsp  of local honey,
and 2 tsp cocoa powder.
 I've got one of those individual blenders, kinda like the Bullet, except I'm cheap and bought a Rival, I think.
 Absolutly delish. I've tried this without the cocoa powder and it's good, but the cocoa makes it into a thick, creamy,chocolate goody.. In fact, I WANT one now, but can't make it without waking up Lou, which would result in my death. :sob:

How many calories per smoothie?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

Man. I've been wanting to do breakfast smoothies ANYWAY, but those sound even better than what I'd been looking at. LOL I may have to try your version, Roscoe. :)

Isaac, you've got a reply in your inbox.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

I haven't sat down and figured  exactly,  but somewhere in the ballpark of 200 calories a shake.
I had an older lady that appeared fit who gave me the basic recipe,while standing in the checkout line at walmart of all places .  Then I added cocoa and substituted honey for sugar.
All I know is they are as tasty to me as a restaurant shake, very filling,and cheap. The weight loss that I've seen is a bonus. I'd honestly  drink this if I was perfectly  content with my weight, they are that good .
 To make it thicker use a tad less almond milk or a tad more yogurt.  All the measurements I've given are approximate, too.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

1 cup of the mixed fruit is 70 calories.
1 cup of yogurt is 120 calories
 1 cup almond milk is 40 calories
1 tbs of cocoa is 10 calories.
Not sure of honey, but 2 tsp could  not be more than 20 calories
Those values are straight off the nutritional labels on the products I have

So I'd say 50 calores fruit
Around 60 calories yogurt,  3 tbls isn't but around 1/2 cup or so
Say 60 calories max almond milk
10 calories cocoa
20 calories  honey.
Roughly 200....

Lynx

Wow, y'all getting all fancy with your shakes. All I do is put oats, milk, honey and banana in a cup and blend it up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

I'm totally going to try this. Oh wait. My blender has been used for salsa, morning noon and night, for the last number of weeks. Hmmm... wonder what a salsa-flavored smoothie would be like.... Um. Let's hope the blender got cleaned adequately. :updown:

Lynx

In my experience if the sentence starts out "Let's hope" then probably what you hope happened didn't. Better at least smell it first. A chocolate/salsa smoothie doesn't sound appealing even to me.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 05, 2016, 03:43:11 AMIn my experience if the sentence starts out "Let's hope" then probably what you hope happened didn't. Better at least smell it first. A chocolate/salsa smoothie doesn't sound appealing even to me.
Well, I saw Dark chocolate infused with chili pepper in the store today. Maybe she'd just be on the leading edge of a hot new trend. Pun intended...lol

Lynx

That's no longer a trend. Chili chocolate has been for years. Even Moser Roth makes a chili chocolate (which is not half bad.)
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Finally and completely shut the door on a toxic situation/friendship last night. For good. Then promptly sat down and cried at the peace and assurance that immediately swept over me.

For the first time in a while I'm actually looking forward to church. Sunday's are so rough now since we moved to one Sunday service.
But I'm ready for today.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Why is it rough to do one service? We have one service...well two in one long session...and I find I prefer it now rather than have two separate services.

It makes for a long day of church, but in the long run to me it's better.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

We, too, do one service. Start at 5 pm, worship/sunday school, take a break around 615, come back and have worship/preaching. Usually out by 830 or 9. It's nice to have most of Sunday to have family time.

MelodyB

Idk if I would like such a late start to services...(music practice is at 8:30) but we start at 9:30am and go till 10:40 with Sunday school, have about 15 minute break, and start again with morning worship/church at 10:55/11:00 and it lasts till 1:30 or better.

Then we hit the restaurant, and still have plenty of time to nap, and still have time to do whatever.

Yesterday we got out at 1:45ish, I went and ate with my friends, and then they all came over and we swam in the pool for about three hours. I came in, played the PS3 for a few, cleaned the kitchen, prepared the crockpot for today's dinner, did my Bible studying, and still got in bed at 8:30.

Was an amazing day!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Lou and I were talking yesterday about what it'd be like to have morning services only. In some ways, I'd like that- get up early , and have the entire afternoon to do as you want.  But we've grow used to the 5 pm start. And it's nice to get up, like we did yesterday, and leave the house around 10, spend all day exploring the back country for waterfalls and potential camp sites, and still get home in time for church.

Morning,all. Back at work. Tons to do today, getting ready for court tomorrow, which I'm dreading. I'm going to have to go deal with a judge that is known to be anti-law enforcement, and has a reputation for being a tyrant. It'll be God if I can hold my tongue and keep her from throwing ME in jail for contempt. She is, from all accounts, a power hungry jerk who tends to like and take the word of the people we deal with who are proven to lie for the most part, over officers. A deputy friend of mine told me he was fortunant to not get tossed into jail himself, and he gets along with everyone.
And as soon as work is over, I gotta go mow the church yard. Brought the BadBoy in to work with me... If I can get through this week, I get ALL next wek off. Car show time, and antiques, uncle, and maybe the rare Endangered Sasquatch, aka, Germ will be here. :clap:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on June 06, 2016, 01:09:04 AMWhy is it rough to do one service? We have one service...well two in one long session...and I find I prefer it now rather than have two separate services.

It makes for a long day of church, but in the long run to me it's better.

Ours are just super long. And we do ours in the middle of the day.

Music practices start between 11-12 (depending on who the keyboardist is)in our new building. Then we have to go to the old building for sound check at 1pm.
Then back to the new building at 1:30 for prayer, 2pm for Sunday School, then we travel back to the old building for church at 3:15. Goes anywhere between 5-6.

Just makes for a long day with many travels betwixt two buildings, w/out a food break in between. lol
New building doesn't have a sanctuary yet. So we had a contract for the old building for church, from the new people who bought it. But just found out that contract ended Sunday. So who knows what's going to happen soon, cus they want to charge us an arm & a leg to rent their (our old) space.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on June 05, 2016, 12:27:39 AM1 cup of the mixed fruit is 70 calories.

10 calories cocoa
20 calories  honey.
Roughly 200....
1 tsp of honey is actually 64 calories... So 2 would be 128 calories... But still not bad!
1 tsp of sugar is 15... So 2 would be 30.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on June 06, 2016, 03:54:46 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 05, 2016, 12:27:39 AM1 cup of the mixed fruit is 70 calories.

10 calories cocoa
20 calories  honey.
Roughly 200....
1 tsp of honey is actually 64 calories... So 2 would be 128 calories... But still not bad!
1 tsp of sugar is 15... So 2 would be 30.
After I wrote that I looked it up. What I found said it was 23 calories a teaspoon. Anyway, I go between a teaspoon to 2 tsps.... I'm still thinking 200-225 calories.
 At any rate, if you drink one in the morning and it carries you to supper, you're good.

Lynx

In local news: I tried to start my minivan and the motor went CHUNK! From the way it feels I'm guessing something connected to the serpentine belt has frozen up.

It has been parked since I got home from east TN. I've been thanking God a lot that this didn't happen while I was up there.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Yes, Weird cat, that is terrible. It might be simple as an a/c compressor frozen, or the like.

Lynx

SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE:

Ever play a video game? I don't mean Pac-Man, I mean a real game with a storyline. That's why I played video games so much back in the day - for the story. Anything from RPGs to flight sims, as long as the story was good I played it.

Funny thing though, when I was playing I would get sidetracked by stuff. I wanted to backtrack down every side trail to make sure I wasn't missing a treasure chest. You never know, I might be missing something that will come in handy later on in the game. And you can never have too much money, right? Oh and on gamefaqs there's a cool guide on how to get that really overpowered sword... Sometimes I would erase days of gameplay and start over because I realized I couldn't go back in the game to get something I missed. And always I would spend far too much time getting stuff, and always I would reach the end of the game with tons of money unspent. Funny, I thought I was playing this game for the story, not to get game-stuff.

I've noticed life is a lot like that. A lot of people complain about their jobs because they always want a better one. A lot of people complain about the things they have missed, or things they imagine they might have missed in life. There is a large and very real drive to push oneself to be more, do more, have more. And while they are trying to find everything they can in the game of life, they are missing the story they came for.

Sure we need some stuff to get through this game. But we're not here for the stuff, we're here for the story. But it is so easy to get distracted by the stuff.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

But it's also possible to attain and strive for doing things and wanting things, without losing the story line. Or falling out of the story line.

I'm in a place in my life right now, where I can literally do anything I want. Just because I'm single, an adult, and not tied down.
I can apply for a job out of state, I can travel out of the country, I can attend school, and strive for even more IN school than I could if I weren't single. My motto right now is be brave, and do new things. Work for more, gain more, be more than who I am.

But amidst all of that, I'm working on going back towards some things I've let slip. It IS easy to get distracted by anything and everything, but the things above, aren't what distracted me, it's my own self. My own emotions combined with an unfulfilled need within me. This is my story combined with all the stuff! If there wasn't any stuff, there wouldn't be a "Jennifer" story line. Thankful for His grace, and His conviction that guides me through it all.

:twocents:  ;)

And since I just finished my typographical portrait on Andrae Crouch, this song is in my head:

:sing: "Through it allllll, through it alllllllllllllll, I've learned to trust in Jesus, I've learned to trust in God!!"  :sing:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

Yep. I agree with both of you. There's a balance there. Sometimes it's hard to find the balance, and in other seasons it just "happens". It does annoy me when I see people being completely unintentional about their life. OR, being so rigid about their plan for their life that they get completely thrown if something unexpected comes up. Flexible plan seems to be a good fit for me. I like to have an idea where I'm going, but I don't want to be so locked into that that I can't take a side-trip, or that I get completely blindsided when the plan has to be adjusted to suit circumstances.

A couple of REALLY good blogger reviews came through in the last 24 hrs. One was a mom-blogger who did a video review, and it was SO mom-like that I was pretty much howling with laughter watching it. Kids kept interrupting and they were trying SO hard to help us out with observations and descriptions about the salsa, but kept having to break to holler at misbehaving kids. Mom-life in an 8 min video. It's got a bunch of views already, and lots of hilarious comments, so I'm thinking more moms than just me identified with it. ;) The other review was a written review from a
friend who is great with words. I'm grateful for all the friends jumping on the PRS bandwagon and helping to give us some exposure. :)

Miss B has been.... umm.... very very three the last few days. She's put red ink all over her hands, poured water all over her stuffed animals instead of going to sleep, been bossing her baby brother, asking "why" constantly, and making up fantastic tall tales about her imaginary friends and what she's doing with them. LOL.