News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on April 20, 2016, 03:07:55 PMThank you notes are really really hard for me to write... Unfortunately. I wish it wasn't so.
I'll make you a deal. Send me some cocoa from Honduras and I will send you a good example of a thank-you note. :D

What? That's a fair trade.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Kinda annoyed 's birthday is Saturday, so I asked her mom if she could watch Chey. Mom said sure, no problem, so I called and reserved a nice Jacuzzi suite at a hotel in Eureka Springs, where we honeymooned. Tonight, we find out that Mom is going to go to Little Rock to the birthday party of another grandchild, to Playtime Pizza. She's taking about 5 kids under the age of 10. No way will she be able to watch them, and that place in Little Rock is PACKED with people. Lou and I neither one feel comfortable with Chey going there, because it would be very easy for her to get lost in the shuffle or something to happen..
So I go to see about canceling the room- no go, it's too late to cancel. So I guess our romantic,weekend in the sportscar with just us has morphed into a take the whole family in the Malibu day. Not what I wanted, especially since I really stretched the budget to make this happen in the first place....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on April 21, 2016, 03:28:49 AMKinda annoyed 's birthday is Saturday, so I asked her mom if she could watch Chey.

Your wife will be really annoyed to find out you named her Kinda annoyed.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Quote from: Lynx on April 20, 2016, 06:24:59 PM
Quote from: sunlight on April 20, 2016, 03:07:55 PMThank you notes are really really hard for me to write... Unfortunately. I wish it wasn't so.
I'll make you a deal. Send me some cocoa from Honduras and I will send you a good example of a thank-you note. :D

What? That's a fair trade.

Not quite. You would have better luck at making this trade if you offered to write them for me. I know what I want to say- it's just the finding the time to sit down and do it when everything else has already started on the next project. :grin:  but send me your address. Is it the same?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

I do but jest. The chocolate would never survive mail without oxidizing. This is why I like winter better than summer - you can ship chocolate all winter long with no worries.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I don't know how that computer deleted the word "Lou" between "Kinda Annoyed" and "birthday" but it did. :lol:
 Looks like crisis was adverted. turned out the birthday party in question is Saturday night, so Lou and  can still go on our getaway, we'll just need to be back Saturday by 4-ish, which is doable.
 And today I have range. why, I don't know, since the agency won't let me carry a gun until I'm through their academy, but there it is....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Wait... Bro. Bobby you have range today... but you're not allowed a firearm...

Gonna bring a nice book? Only thing I can think of you can do in such a situation. I can't imagine they would let you bring a pillow.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Dad has his port installed and had his MRI this morning. No results from it. Body scan couldn't be done because his insurance wouldn't approve of it. Idiots.

In non-dad related news, we need to find a new place to have church. We were renting/sharing a building with another church. The building went up for sale after the other pastor quit. A local doctor purchased it and has been closing areas to us to run his pain clinic out of. The AC units have gone out with no ETA as to when they will be fixed. Also, our rent just keeps soaring. We are currently in talks with another church [closer to me!] about renting space from them and possibly just lease to owning their building. It's a good size building but they only have about 30 people who are actually in talks of joining up with the united methodist down the road.

I don't want to do school or work study today. I feel like I could Hulk out on anyone at any time.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on April 19, 2016, 12:51:49 PMI want some. But I don't need them, And it's a good thing since I can't get them.
Morning all. Raining, Dreary, And I have a headache. On top of that I get to ride to Little Rock with a lady I've never met for a psych exam. Bah. I wanna go home already...

Maybe that's PART of your psych exam?!

Roscoe

Well. Nelle, I survived the trip, with only minor psychological scars. The Licensed Quack, aka Dr MoneyPenny, whose office is appropriately enough on the third floor of a bank building, said that I passed. He said I scored kinda high in two areas, stating that it was normal being as how I have been in Law Enforcement for so long, then astutely stated " I'd hazard a guess that you aren't a social butterfly." :lol: Sucker may be smarter than I gave him credit for. :laughhard:
 And range today, I was allowed to shoot a gun that they will probably issue me, and their qualification is a breeze compared to what I'm used to. By their scoring standards, I shot a perfect target. By mine, an average day...nothing to brag about.
And the job has done what friends could not. I have been forced to partake of the Apple. They issued me an iPhone 6 for my work phone. Bah. I wanted a new Galaxy...:pound:

Lynx

Bobby: Hey it's a free phone.  I'd take it. Are you allowed to install your own programs or is it locked down?

Heather: I know I haven't said anything about your dad's cancer but I'm not ignoring you... I just don't have anything useful to say. I can't even say I sympathize, because I've never been through a close relative going through that. :( But I will pray for y'all. Just didn't want you to feel you were talking into the wind here.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Eat the apple...for you shall NOT surely die... The apple is gooooood.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Mel, that's what Eve told Adam. :pound:
Isaac, I'm not sure how locked down it is...I won't be dinking with it, just using it to do work stuff...
 And morning,all. I am SO ready for 4:30 to get here already. Ready to put the Little Red Corvette in the wind and head for Eureka Springs with my love... and I'm talking about Lou, not the car, there. :lol:

sunlight

Heather

Isaac-I always feel like I'm talking into the wind here. But I'm used to being the outsider in every aspect of my life, so it's no big deal. It just gives me somewhere to type out feelings without all the goons of FB getting gossip fodder and telling me I'm a horrible person.

I'm probably going to need bail money by the end of the day. I feel like I could throat punch the next person who looks at me wrong or pull the spine out of the next person who bad mouths Prince.

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on April 22, 2016, 03:40:27 PMIsaac-I always feel like I'm talking into the wind here. But I'm used to being the outsider in every aspect of my life, so it's no big deal. It just gives me somewhere to type out feelings without all the goons of FB getting gossip fodder and telling me I'm a horrible person.

I'm probably going to need bail money by the end of the day. I feel like I could throat punch the next person who looks at me wrong or pull the spine out of the next person who bad mouths Prince.
I'm not good at saying things alot of times- I'm one of those awkward people that never seems to know what to say. But I do read every post, and do keep you in my prayers for what it's worth.
 This place is kinda a safe place for alot of us, I think. I know it is for me...
 And if you MUST commit a crime, figure out how to bring 'em to Arkansas to my county to do it. I'd get to be your probation officer. :ugly:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on April 22, 2016, 05:35:51 PMAnd if you MUST commit a crime, figure out how to bring 'em to Arkansas to my county to do it. I'd get to be your probation officer. :ugly:

Good friends watch you go to jail.
GREAT friends go with you to jail.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 22, 2016, 05:46:40 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 22, 2016, 05:35:51 PMAnd if you MUST commit a crime, figure out how to bring 'em to Arkansas to my county to do it. I'd get to be your probation officer. :ugly:

Good friends watch you go to jail.
GREAT friends go with you to jail.
So where do I fall? I watch- I go to jail....it's just I walk out after the lock is turned. :ugly:

Lynx

Chel: Ah, t'is a very different thing, cocoa powder. I haven't use cocoa powder in a long time because we can only get Nestle and Hershey powder around here. These days I just melt some Moser Roth or Schogetten chocolate when I want to make chocolate pudding or cake or something.

For the record Nestle cocoa powder is insipid and hershey powder tastes weird. Even their special dark isn't really dark... Just "special."
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Or you could come pick up the whole package.

Heather

The good news is dad has gotten over his pity party of last weekend and has decided not to live his life on his couch. The bad news is he's adopted a 'be sassy like my wife and daughters' attitude. So their is a lot of sassy going on and all of us [but dad who has sleeping meds] are sleep deprived and exhausted. Thankfully my alarm didn't go off when it was set at 8 am this morning and I got to sleep until 9:30. Now off to the parents while mom is at work to keep moral up. I get tomorrow off from dad duty which means I'll get to go to church. It'll be my first Sunday in a month.

Heather

I got dressed for church then promptly fell asleep for 2 hours on the couch. I haven't slept well in 2 weeks. Jesus understands. I got a text from my bestie though and our revival services this Wednesday and Thursday evening will be our last services at our current church. We will be moved as of next Sunday. Only 2 exits closer to me but it's further away from my MIL so I don't have to hear 'why didn't you come see me since you were so close'.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lou and I enjoyed our little trip, even though it wasn't as long and we didn't have as much money to spend as we'd like. When we got back in Saturday evening, I grilled, and spent the evening doing what I do best- tearing things up. I finished tearing the scotty camper that I bought and took apart a few years back. Now it's bare frame and ready to build a teardrop camper on...
Then today I got up and mowed the church yard before church.
And now, it's about time to go to bed. Tomorrow starts my third week at my new job. I'm getting used to it, although some of this paperwork is still greek to me. Fortunately, I have several good friends there in the form of the ladies that have worked there forever..

And Fuzzy get out from behind that couch. :pound: