News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on August 28, 2017, 02:13:53 AMRelax. He's a friend.

Who has taken me out a few times.

But WE. ARE. JUST. FRIENDS.

For now.

I have had him over a couple of times for lunch after church and he is coming over to watch football with me for the first game of the season next week. Our teams are playing against each other. That should be interesting. Haha.

Just friends guys. Seriously.
Why does an old country song stick in my mind? :sing: "famous last words of a fool.." :sing:
:lol: Well, I'll trust your judgement, since we are unable to come over and interroga.., I mean, meet him.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Friends never just last just friends. Feelings get involved in one or both parties at some point. In my experience. :hypocrite:

I went to bed at 9:30 last night. Church went until almost 6:45. Lawd. Done wore me out.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Back at work. Busy as can be. Jenn, Fuzzy, Sunlight, How are y'all doing down in Texas? I know you guys aren't right in the storm path, but it looks like most of Texas is getting wet....

And in sharing- the Galoot has challenged me to a weight loss competition. I'm gonna crush him. Back on what I know works- currently at approximately 200 calories for the day, out of my 1100 max..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 28, 2017, 01:49:34 PMFriends never just last just friends. Feelings get involved in one or both parties at some point. In my experience. :hypocrite:

I went to bed at 9:30 last night. Church went until almost 6:45. Lawd. Done wore me out.

What time did it start?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Depends on how you look at it I suppose. Technically I " started" at 12:30. lol

12:30 praise singers practice
1:00 choir practice
1:30 prayer
2:00 sunday school
3:00 prayer
3:30 church

Choir sang which erupted. Then we had some old friends from Bay City Texas who are up out of the path of the storm. So Pastor let them sing....which then erupted into shouting once more. Then we had a missionary to UK. He got up at about 5:45. His wife spoke for a minute, then they showed a video, then he decided he needed to preach. He started at 5:55 and preached almost 35 minutes, then we had alter call number 3? or 4? I lost count.

I sang the majority of the 3:30 on service. Drains you to the max. Add in I had a splitting headache the entire day.... I was so tired.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

First day of class. I much prefer my old university to the community college. But alas, I will persevere.

I have a headache and I'm hoping to nap before Brandon gets home from his first day of grad school. Our time is very limited so he wants to watch a movie tonight. Here's to hoping I can wake up and stay awake.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 28, 2017, 03:02:13 PMAnd in sharing- the Galoot has challenged me to a weight loss competition. I'm gonna crush him. Back on what I know works- currently at approximately 200 calories for the day, out of my 1100 max..
You're gonna crush him? But if you lose more weight than he loses, you won't have enough weight to crush...

Oh never mind. Hush Lynx.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 28, 2017, 06:19:14 PMDepends on how you look at it I suppose. Technically I " started" at 12:30. lol

12:30 praise singers practice
1:00 choir practice
1:30 prayer
2:00 sunday school
3:00 prayer
3:30 church

Choir sang which erupted. Then we had some old friends from Bay City Texas who are up out of the path of the storm. So Pastor let them sing....which then erupted into shouting once more. Then we had a missionary to UK. He got up at about 5:45. His wife spoke for a minute, then they showed a video, then he decided he needed to preach. He started at 5:55 and preached almost 35 minutes, then we had alter call number 3? or 4? I lost count.

I sang the majority of the 3:30 on service. Drains you to the max. Add in I had a splitting headache the entire day.... I was so tired.

That makes more sense.  I was thinking on one hand that you started service at 10 am and didn't get out till 6:45 pm.  But then I thought if they started at 6 pm and didn't get out till 6:45 pm, why is she complaining?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi:. Kept the calorie intake to around 1200 yesterday. Didn't kill anyone. This counts as a win. Back at work, gonna slip out and do some home visits, then go to a boring friggin meeting this afternoon. As if I didn't have enough to do, it apparently is important that I go listen to my boss blather about *Oh my, I need to improve my vocabulary* we already know. I totally could use that two hours to get some stuff done. :pound:

Heather

I slept 10 hour last night. I don't even remember husband getting home. Oops.

Today is 3 more classes then husband and I are going to find a new dryer. I currently have tops out hanging off the porch roof and bottoms hanging on the curtain rod.

Should probably get up and going since I have class in a little over an hour with at least a 30 minute drive.

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, my son is out of country & needs to fly in soon but Houston airports are closed from all the water. He may end up in Dallas but that's a long drive back home to his wife & kids and lots of roads are closed heading that way.

Roscoe

I bet the storm has all kinds of flights delayed and cancelled..
Made it through the day. Only 5 gazillion things to do this week. LOL. Seems like I never get caught up anymore.
 So far, I'm around 900 calories today. Lou made fajitas- I limited myself to one soft taco shell, and enough fajita meat for two. And 150 calories of  that 900 was a chocolate covered granola bar to satisfy the craving for chocolate.
 This is rougher than I remember. :pound:

Lynx

Bobby if my uncle Fred can do it, so can you. 

Wait... there's a lot of things my uncle can do that lots of people can't do. Never mind.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on August 30, 2017, 12:00:44 AMI bet the storm has all kinds of flights delayed and cancelled..
The airports are closed in Houston from the flooding. So, yeah.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 30, 2017, 12:29:33 AMBobby if my uncle Fred can do it, so can you. 

Wait... there's a lot of things my uncle can do that lots of people can't do. Never mind.
Oh, I can do it. I've done it before, just a couple of years ago. I just ain't enjoying it. :pound:

MelodyB

I'm here.

Headed to work.

We had one doozy of a storm last night! It was perfect for sleeping!

I slept really good.

Ciao!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Starting to see some minor results on day three of the low calorie thing. Not a lot, but enough to know it's working.
Yesterday was loooooong. They had forecast a ton of rain here this week, courtesy of the Texas storm, but now they've changed the forecast, thinking it won't come over us. Saying mostly sunny this weekend now.
And Totally off the subject- I hate moles. Those burrowing rodents are jacking up my beautiful lawn again! I put out poison and deterrent, they leave for a week or so, then they are right back plowing up the yard.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  I didn't mind as bad when it was the back yard, but now they've brought their tilling talents to my beautiful front lawn. *sob*

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on August 30, 2017, 04:26:16 PMGet a cat that likes to hunt moles.
I'm not sure I'm that mad at the horrible beasts. I am definitely NOT a cat person. Speaking of which, one has taken up residence at my office. I heard the women in the office cooing about it, but was busy and never thought anything more about it. So I'm leaving yesterday with hands full. There's a waist high brick ledge/flowerbed next to the door. Stupid thing was laying there and when I came out, he stuck his nose to my hand. Nearly lost my mind..

Roscoe

Ya'll are being quiet. :pound: I've got to go to our main office in Conway today to turn in my beloved desktop. They are "upgrading" and giving me a laptop. :pound: It's a Dell 5580, decent reviews online, but I'm skeptical. I really like my old desktop Dell 740....

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 31, 2017, 02:48:55 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on August 30, 2017, 04:26:16 PMGet a cat that likes to hunt moles.
I'm not sure I'm that mad at the horrible beasts. I am definitely NOT a cat person. Speaking of which, one has taken up residence at my office. I heard the women in the office cooing about it, but was busy and never thought anything more about it. So I'm leaving yesterday with hands full. There's a waist high brick ledge/flowerbed next to the door. Stupid thing was laying there and when I came out, he stuck his nose to my hand. Nearly lost my mind..

this made me laugh out loud.  :laughhard:  he just wanted a good scratch!!!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 31, 2017, 03:32:40 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 31, 2017, 02:48:55 AM

this made me laugh out loud.  :laughhard:  he just wanted a good scratch!!!
He about got one. At high speed, courtesy of a Glock 23 pistol.... :lol:

MsJennJenn

Lawwd...we need to pray for this weaaather ya'll.
Irma is out there in the Atlantic....she's just brewing...too early to tell what she'll do...but we don't need another storm to hit!  :noo:

The Texas/Louisiana coast can't take another hit.
And I def. don't need it hitting my beloved Caribbean's. :cry:

and Roscoe leave that cat alone. :pound:

Watched a video yesterday of a lady and her 5 children getting rescued. 2 of which had downs syndrome, plus their pot-bellied pig, PLUS their 3-legged dog....God bless those rescuers!!!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

School. Work. Cranky husband. Cranky parents. Cranky in-laws. Not much to share.

OH except I paid off Tiny Car yesterday!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on August 31, 2017, 10:41:36 PMOH except I paid off Tiny Car yesterday!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
So jealous...

And in sharing this evening from here- the wind blew down my cell phone booster antenna. Zero phone service until I can get the new antenna in....:sadbounce: