News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

I met a cat when I first moved into my new house. He liked to roll around on the ground.
But I haven't seen him since thank the Lord. Was gonna have issues. Cus he also liked to meow/howl.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:
 Busy day as usual, popping in to wave at everyone...Got some good rain last night.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Time to up the ante. The best way to keep a cat out of somewhere is to make that somewhere unpleasant for the cat, so it's time to start spraying stuff that cats think is stinky. You can get cat ward off spray at amazon.com I think.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Actually if your neighbors are interested in not causing trouble you might mention to them that their cats are interfering with your life and you might get them to buy the cat ward off spray for you... Worth a try.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

They finally changed the music up here at work to Christmas music... not that I'm excited about that but it is definitely better than the other 5 songs they played 25 times a day... at least it's something new to get tired of.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Boy do I know what THAT is like! At work they sometimes play the same song four times in a given six hours.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: As everyone knows I'm not big on Christmas songs..Very few I actually like. I'm thankful for my quiet little back office that I can play what I want in it with no interruption. Usually, Blues, southern gospel, esp. Hinsons, and occasionally some old school Phillips Craig and Dean, WhiteCross and a smattering of NeedToBreathe and OneDay. Just depends on my mood. And presently, I'm listening to trading time...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I've been playing Christmas music on M, W, & F, while my office-mate is here, but on T & Th, I've been playing the album Back to Life by Anthony Evans on repeat. I can't get enough of that album!

Jeremy still hasn't heard back about his possible job offer yet. They really are as slow as molasses in the federal government (USPS)! lol.. We're hoping this week or next because they did finally finish the background check at least! This was my first experience with unemployment, and while it wasn't completely painless, I'm thankful that employers pay into that! I'm also very thankful for my job because without their generosity in thanking me for my time, we would have been in a world of hurt these past two months.  I may not have been able to spend the extra money on what I had originally planned, but we haven't had to worry about him only getting some money on unemployment. God doesn't always fix our problems right off the bat, or keep us from going through the problems, but I really feel like He's always planned several steps ahead preparing our path.

I would greatly appreciate your prayers for my husband's sister. There's too much history there to spell out in a post online, but she is in dire need of a God touch to change her life. She's addicted, she has health problems, she has relationship problems both with her boyfriend and all of her family and his family, and I'm very concerned that their son is about to be taken away. I know that would crush our nephew, but she is shutting us all out because we don't agree with the choices she's made/making, and because we cannot really help her anymore. I've never encountered this family dynamic before, so it's been blowing my mind how dysfunctional this family can get. They're just base good people, but tempers and bad choices just have created an ugly situation. My heart hurts for her and our nephew.

Lynx

Yeah Nelle I've noticed that many times, that before I know there will be a problem God has already put a solution in place. :cool:

Quote from: Roscoe on December 06, 2017, 02:37:19 PM:hi: As everyone knows I'm not big on Christmas songs..Very few I actually like. I'm thankful for my quiet little back office that I can play what I want in it with no interruption. Usually, Blues, southern gospel, esp. Hinsons, and occasionally some old school Phillips Craig and Dean, WhiteCross and a smattering of NeedToBreathe and OneDay. Just depends on my mood. And presently, I'm listening to trading time...
Whatever happened to that 26-CD player you said you had? Can't you bring that to work? :D

Also... No Hemphills? No Downings? No Cathedrals? No Gold City Quartet?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's supposed to get below freezing tonight. We shall see.

MelodyB

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 05, 2017, 03:05:12 PMI met a cat when I first moved into my new house. He liked to roll around on the ground.
But I haven't seen him since thank the Lord. Was gonna have issues. Cus he also liked to meow/howl.

Sounds like you met a girl cat... In heat. Beans acts exactly like that when she is going thru her heat. Lasts about a week. Like normal womanly things.

It supposed to snow here tonight and tomorrow..

It was 70 degrees on Monday. I'll believe snow when I actually see it.

I am currently sitting on my bed with the heater on, and my own fireplace heater cranked up and I don't wanna get up and get dressed for church tonight. This bed is cozy and my room is warm and it's cold and wet outside and I just don't wanna!

I feel blah and have been coughing a bit today... But not sick enough to cal in to church.

If I was a child again and asked to stay home, I am just sick enough for Mom to make me go and drag me up for prayer.

That usually made me feel better real quick. No prayer needed. Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: About time you posted Mel.
It's cold here too. Ridiculous. I miss my summer. And Isaac, the big CD player would be very much out of place...LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It's reaallly cold this morning. One of my local friends posted a pic of his car thermometer.. 18 degrees. And of course, I have to take a new officer to the range and stand in the cold today. I'm gonna wait until this afternoon I think...

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankfully we are not that cold. It is 32* right now.

MsJennJenn

36 here. But never to fear, it will be back up to 70's by Monday. Thank the Lord.

5-0 and I will never, ever, ever, have the same taste in music...but we sure do agree on loving summer vs. winter.  :shine:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

I know Roscoe hates the idea, but I want snow.  Lots of it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

I finally get a day off Monday! I think I'm gonna schedule in a nap.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lynx

Bobby you never did answer the rest of my question. You got Hinsons, but where is Gold City Quartet? What about Hemphills and Cathedrals?

Come on man, this is IMPORTANT!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 09, 2017, 02:22:43 PMBobby you never did answer the rest of my question. You got Hinsons, but where is Gold City Quartet? What about Hemphills and Cathedrals?

Come on man, this is IMPORTANT!
I hate most quartets. And if you ever hear the Cathedrals- excepting the radios from the 1930s called cathedrals- playing near me, you know I am being forced to listen to them. Ick. Hemphills-meh. They're ok.

I did nothing constructive today. Was surprised by a visit yesterday evening from a good friend from Tennessee. He came over, visited, and picked up some ham radio equipment I'm loaning him. While he was here, we talked on the radio with some of his club members back home, one of which is a 102 year old retired rocket scientist. Very cool. Then we stayed up until 2 am talking- He's a great godly man, and a former cop, as well as a ham, so we had much to talk about.

I've not gotten myself more clothed than my sleep pants today, and the only time I stepped outside was to grill steaks for dinner.
I expect tomorrow to be a near repeat, only altered by church attendance.
 :biglaugh:

Heather

I'm at work on my day off AND it made me miss church.

Dad is awake and off the respirator! With no trach! Praise!!! He is still in ICU due to a couple things but looking forward to getting into step down soon.

It's Brandon's last week of 1st semester of grad school and he's about to drive me crazy.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali