News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Some day, I'd like another German shepherd. Does she bother your chickens? The one we had was endowed with a high prey drive. He killed or chased cats and squirrels that got in our yard, so I don't think he would have been good around chickens.

Roscoe

I've never been a "Big" dog person. I know it's not as manly but I prefer my Froo-froo baby lap dogs. :lol:

Morning, all. I am glad it is my Friday. Totally not up to Adulting today..:pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 22, 2019, 01:09:14 AMSome day, I'd like another German shepherd. Does she bother your chickens? The one we had was endowed with a high prey drive. He killed or chased cats and squirrels that got in our yard, so I don't think he would have been good around chickens.

She did a little.  Most of the time, we let her in the yard and she won't bother them.  My mom noticed that the only time she "chases" them is when someone is in the yard and she thinks she needs to protect the person.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Ashlee

Hi guys! :hi:  just checking in. Trying to be around more.   Hey, do any of you live in Oahu by chance?  Gonna be back there soon.  Possibly moving there at least temporarily. Mom wants us to move back to Louisiana, but not ready to change VA's yet. Even tho these people have caused most of my grey hair. Smh. 

Anyway, gonna try to be on here more often. <3

Roscoe

Quote from: Ashlee on August 22, 2019, 09:55:45 PMHi guys! :hi:  just checking in. Trying to be around more.   Hey, do any of you live in Oahu by chance?  Gonna be back there soon.  Possibly moving there at least temporarily. Mom wants us to move back to Louisiana, but not ready to change VA's yet. Even tho these people have caused most of my grey hair. Smh. 

Anyway, gonna try to be on here more often. <3
Good. I wish more of ya would wander back by. I kinda miss everyone.

I mowed the yard and tinkered with cleaning some stuff up tonight, just in time for it to come a literal flood while I was trying to put the windows and doors back on the Jeep.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi:. Rain again. And this time it's rained so much the septic tank issues are back. Just too much water. I bet we have gotten 6 inches or better in the past 24 hours...

The Purple Fuzzy

Send it our way. (The rain, not septic issues)

Roscoe

Thankfully, the rain moved on and the issues were gone within minutes. I suspect I have one more spot that I need a bit more dirt in.

I've done pretty much nothing productive this weekend. Been nice.

The Purple Fuzzy

We've had a stomach bug going around. It is no fun.

Roscoe

Sorry to hear Fuzz.
In sharing, I got little sleep last night. Went to bed around 10, fell right asleep. Woke up at 2 am wide awake and could not get back to sleep. Finally dozed off at what seemed to be the precise minute the alarm went off...
Coffee has been my companion today. It and being busy has kept me awake today..

The Purple Fuzzy

Sorry, Roscoe. Hopefully you'll sleep well tonight.

The Purple Fuzzy

I wonder how Heather has been. Has anyone heard from her?

Roscoe

:hi: Morning. Slept like a baby last night. Woke up to rain again. Never thought I'd say this but I'm ready for fall and winter. Preferably with 3 feet of snow so I can get off work for a week.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

The rain totally skipped us and went down to Chel. :(

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Eating tuna patties for lunch. YUM! Literally one of my ultimate favorite foods.

Jeremy's coworker passed away Friday night from injuries from a four wheeler accident. They're all going to the visitation tonight as soon as they get done delivering mail. They're not being allowed to go to the funeral/burial tomorrow - since the mail is more important.  Jeremy's been understandably upset about this loss. They were good friends.

So - Please wear a helmet. Make sure your kids wear a helmet. This could've been avoided.

Labor Day Weekend is coming up, and I am very glad that I can finally go to my parent's house for the weekend WITH my husband. We won't get to leave until Saturday evening when he gets off, but I haven't had him as a travel partner down there in several months due to his work schedule. Thankful for national holidays!

Roscoe

:hi: Been a long day. Transporting offenders.  Tried out a new bbq place. Decent. Oh, and my newbies from a couple of weeks ago are struggling with qualifying. I MAY have to go to Camden Friday, not that I can do any good. Not really happy about that.

Lynx

There are an awful lot of new barbecue places these days, and they are all decent. Not good, just decent. It's like somebody is mass producing new barbecue joints.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Yeah, pretty much. That's why I treasure the REAL deal when I find them. And it's official. I'm heading to Camden tomorrow morning. Sigh. I don't know what to do for these girls, if the highly trained staff at the Academy can't motivate them I don't know how I can.....

The Purple Fuzzy

Keeping their job SHOULD motivate them.

Roscoe

So true. Apparently, it did,but it went right down to the wire. One of my newbies qualified this morning. The other one got half the job done this morning; then took until the very last target before she managed to barely qualify. As in, she had to shoot a 400 out of 500 possible points- and shot a 401. So at 4:28, two minutes before quitting time and me heading to Camden tomorrow, I was thrilled to hear that she had qualified.
Now, if I can just get through tomorrow. I totally NEED this 3 day weekend.

Lynx

If motivation is the problem, what part of "your life may depend on this" is incomprehensible?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Some folks just aren't good at certain things... no matter how hard they try.

Lynx

I thought about that, but lack of motivation was cited as the primary reason for failure.
"Do you sing at church?"