News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Yeah, but I already have a ton of time between comp, birthday and vacation, to say nothing of sick time. I'll hit the max on vacation time by the end of the year (240 hours) plus I've got around 700 hours of sick time. I try to burn the comp an hour or two at a time,but it adds up. For instance, tonight was 2 hours of court time (3 if I hit the for time and a half), and they are saying tomorrow we may be as late as 8pm doing sex offender roundups. If so, I'll have a day's worth to take off just for those two days- and that's before I spend 3 hours on the range Saturday.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Yea geez! lol it's so strange how you literally have one end of the spectrum or the other.

Like Bobby you have 2943887234 hours to take off......

but my SIL can't even get a full maternity leave from her job. she literally had to use PTO for the TWO weeks...TWO....that she was off when my nephew was born. SO DUMB.

At least CVS gives you 12 weeks i think.....we even offer 4 weeks of paid paternity leave now. and my SIL can't even get more than 2 weeks. GRRRR
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

That's crazy. FMLA should be available to her. What does she do?

MsJennJenn

Well thankfully she works from home. And her job is superrr flexible. So she keeps him with her all day.
But still!!! Having a baby is no easy task lol. Two weeks is ridiculous!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:. Day three on the road.....Lord. LOL
I didn't get home until 9 last night....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I feel like ive been on the road forever too.  Busy few days.

Hello everyone.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Just got back from w*rk. I'm tired of being on the road too. I only live 14 miles from w*rk but it takes a bit longer on a bicycle.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Guys (and I include the gals in that), it be HOT outside. I got up at 7 this morning, actually closer to 6, and was on the range before 9. Got done there around 11:15, concluding that one of the shooters will be fine, one will do okay when she stops being scared of the gun, and one that I don't know how to fix.  Bless her heart.

I then came home, weedeated and mowed the yard and did general clean up. Ran to Russellville to buy a new "Come -along" - a hand powered winch that I had never heard called anything else until I attempted to buy one at Harbor Freight, where I got looked at like I had two heads until another old fossil like me showed me where they were. :lol:
 He knew what they were.

I also got to stop by a house where a really nice "Sam" truck stays, and met its owner. Quickly made a new friend, as he is a retired Police Chief and a car guy....just 7 miles or so from me.

I then came home, moved Sam's new rear end from Rusty's bed to Sam's bed, and surrendered to the heat, coming in to the air conditioning. I do believe, the older I get the lower my heat tolerance is. I feel that Rusty will have air conditioning next year....

The Purple Fuzzy

I agree about the heat tolerance. It didn't use to bother me like this.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 17, 2019, 09:49:07 PMGuys (and I include the gals in that), it be HOT outside.
Bruddah, you done gone an tole me sumpin I did not know.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 17, 2019, 10:36:15 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 17, 2019, 09:49:07 PMGuys (and I include the gals in that), it be HOT outside.
Bruddah, you done gone an tole me sumpin I did not know.
Sarcasm does not become you. :laughhard:

Hi. It's sunday. I made a batch of buttermilk biscuits, and am vegging. I should go outside and does some more clean up work, but I'd have to get out of my sleep pants and into real clothes for that. I suspect that is simply too much to ask..

Lynx

Says who? Where is it written you have to put on real clothes to go out in your own yard?

Or... is that just an excuse because you really do not want to go outside in this heat?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

The electricity all around our area has been surging on & off all afternoon. Not good when it's hot.

The Purple Fuzzy

We finally got power again after about 5 hours. I'm glad to be in a time that has air conditioners.

Roscoe

Long day today. I'm thinking I'm gonna take off this Friday and burn my comp time, just get stuff around the house straightened up. If I don't take it soon, I'll not get it. And I think I'm gonna "forget" to mention this fact to my loverly wife, so she doesn't instantly think of 7 bazillion things Bobby needs to do. :laughhard:

I came home and made some chicken enchiladas for supper. Despite my inherent dislike for Mexican themed food, I did pretty good with these.

mini

I made a pot of beans yesterday.  Put them in the crockpot yesterday morning, let them cook all day.  Kiddos made some rice for them to go over...it twer gud!

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm ready for some cooler weather, I think. It's been so hot.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on August 20, 2019, 03:37:16 PMI made pot yesterday.

Meller?!?! Have you came back??? :laughhard:

Just moments until quitting time.....

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 19, 2019, 11:49:01 PMI came home and made some chicken enchiladas for supper. Despite my inherent dislike for Mexican themed food, I did pretty good with these.
So does your dislike of mexican food lead to gastrointestinal discomfort, or does the impending indigestion cause you to not like tex-mex? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Also, does homemade mexican food cause the same problems, or is it only food from mexican restaurants?

Aside from being nosy, I have no real reason for asking.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on August 20, 2019, 09:11:55 PM
Quote from: mini on August 20, 2019, 03:37:16 PMI made pot yesterday.

Meller?!?! Have you came back??? :laughhard:

Just moments until quitting time.....

:pound:

I am at work early today.  Trying to make up for lost time this week.

Had to take Gracie to the vet yesterday.  For all her bravery, she saw that door swing open at the office, threw it in reverse, and was getting some gone! 

She spent most of her time either sitting in our lap or under my legs.  "Brave" dog...but the doc told us what we expected, an ear infection and some skin rash.  But he did tell us how to cure it.

Today I have to go to a funeral.

Part of me wants to ask God why he takes good people.  Part of me wants to curl up in a hole and hide from the world.

:sadbounce:

Roscoe

Isaac- Mexican/Tex-Mex food causes me much anguish and a general closeness with the water closet. I tell folks that I apparently had kin that fought at the Alamo, and the Mexicans are still getting revenge. Doesn't seem to matter if it is chain or homemade...
It's a shame, I actually like the taste of some of it. But it's not worth the agony.

Mini- I hate that. I've had many moments lately that I've look at good people, great people even, passing or struggling with health issues, then see one of the people I have on my caseload intent on throwing their good health away with drugs and who knows what. I think, "God, it isn't fair. Let someone who doesn't want to live a decent life battle cancer and heart disease, and let us keep these precious saints and rocks of God in their place"

But, life doesn't work like that. Guess that is what was meant in the Scriptures where it speaks of raining on the just and the unjust alike. We just have to accept it, and know that He has a reason and it is highly above our comprehension.

As far as the hiding from the world- two things- 1) That's pretty much a daily wish for me
 and 2) As Sasquatch you ARE the World's Reigning Hide and Seek Champion...so apparently you are pretty good at that. :lol:

Lynx

Nice dog. Looks intelligent and equable.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Intelligent, yes.
Equable?  Only if she knows you.  And sometimes not even then.