News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote for the day: "Sometimes when I get bored I call in sick to places where I don't even work. Today I'm getting a write-up at Walmart."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
 Back at work. Currently handling everyone's issues..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Currently have put some body filler on the spare fender I am working on for Sam. And I've put a pork loin in the smoker along with some corn. Should be done in the next hour or so.... Kinda warm out,but nice.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi: Where be everyone? I'm chillin' catching up on work.....

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm catching up on some house cleaning.

MsJennJenn

I'm in Indiana getting all of the new nephew snuggles.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I'm here in southwest Tennessee where nothing ever changes much. So, nothing to report. Boring for forum participation, but I like it here.

The struggle is real... Last night we had Community Groups, where instead of meeting at church we meet in small groups at people's houses. We only do this on fifth Wednesdays, so not very often. When we started nobody mentioned food - the stated purpose was Bible study. But of course we all wound up bringing food and having supper and a good long mealtime chat before we got down to talking about the Bible.

Sister Martha made some lemon icebox cake. It's kind of like if you make lemon icebox pie filling and poured it over a layer of crumbled up cake bits, and made about three layers like that, all in a big punch bowl, and it's very good. She kept trying to get me to take the leftovers home, because she knows I like it, but... I'm still recovering from all those leftover chocolate chip cookies I had to deal with from the church dinner last Saturday so I had to regretfully decline. But I sure did want to.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

I'm in Illinois trying to figure out a way to take a nap at work so that no one notices. That's not progressing really.

Roscoe

I had a busy day. Went to Hot Springs to drop an offender off at treatment, then to Searcy, an hour and a half further away, to drop off another. Stopped for ribs at my favorite rib place, then back to work, where I bailed an hour early, dug Rusty out of the shop and drove 3 hours round trip to pick up a screaming deal of a rear end for Sam. It was a good day- but it's 1130 now, and I'm not tired, and I have to work tomorrow...

Lynx

Last Saturday we had the homecoming dinner. Last Tuesday I finished the last of the leftover cookies.

All day yesterday I felt like I could seriously hurt somebody for a good cookie...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Thank God it was Friday. Spent all day on the road. Just as I was walking out, I got a call that I had to do a transport. That meant I had to work an hour and a half late, on a Friday. Did not make me happy.
 And I could use a cookie.
I just realized, I fasted today. LOL. Nary a bite since last night... so busy I didn't notice it.

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

I'm at home in my recliner for the moment. Listening to a little boy protest about wanting to take a nap.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

I can't honestly blame the kid. Kids have loads of energy. Naps are for when you get older.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning all. Early service today, I honestly thought about skipping. It's going to be a continuation of VBS...I'll go but probably won't stick around through it all.  Yesterday was a comedy of errors for my friend. I was supposed to go over and help him remove some parts from an old truck I return for the transmission I need for Sam. I got there, we drove his truck trailer and tractor about 3 miles to where the truck was stored. Unloaded the tractor and notice the trailer had a low tire, so we took it back to his house. Got there to find a shredded tire. Went to replace it, took 2 hours at Walmart. Got back, changed it, went to pull out- and my friend hit a tree with the trailer on the way out, which destroyed a rim and tire and bent the fender.  We spent the next 4 hours trying to find a wheel that fit. Needless to say almost nothing we planned to do got done, and I wasted my Saturday.

Lynx

But did he give you the transmission for Sam? :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 04, 2019, 06:18:29 PMBut did he give you the transmission for Sam? :D
To be picked up soon..... so yes. Then I have to squirrel back a couple, three hundred bucks to get it done. Hopefully before cold weather..

mini

Morning all.

Its Monday.  I need coffee.  Im tarred...and feathered.  And bald.  Does that make me a bald eagle?

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Maybe almost, but I have never seen a bald eagle with tar on him.

In local news related to mini's news, I am retired. I was tired yesterday and I'm tired again today.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Mini- You is tarred. You is bald. But I'd think you fit the profile of a Turkey Buzzard better than a Bald Eagle.
If'n we were doing a dramatization of Hank the Cowdog, I'd probably be the idiotic title character- and you'd be Wallace.  :laughhard:

Dear Lord, today has been unkind. I've spent all morning repeating to myself that stupid people and their problems are how I am employed. But being told by a drug addict that I was taking him to jail because he was a veteran who had served in Iraq when he was 19 was a bit more than I wanted to hear today. Never mind his multiple issues, apparently I hate veterans.  :noo:

The Purple Fuzzy

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. It's always someone else's fault.

Nelle

I would've had to make a remark about how I hate when someone has a chance at being someone worthy of respect and honor, and they allow their lives to come to this... being hauled away to jail for a CHOICE *they* made. Husband is a veteran and I honestly always struggle between empathy/sympathy and cold hard truth. Some of them legit have issues due to their service and have a hard time getting back to civilian life, but there are tons of stories where they have overcome those struggles and been respectable members of society, so I know it can be done!

@work. Accidentally drank out of the wrong cup from Sonic this morning. Coke Zero with Splenda Blackberry flavoring is actually kinda tasty. I'm back to drinking my regular coke now though, haha. It's not as tasty now.. BUT I'm also eating some french toast sticks. I wish Sonic would bring back their pancake on a stick so I can get one there sometimes. I can handle the frozen ones that I have to cook myself, but I think they taste better out of their grease, hahahaha.

Roscoe

Lou bought us some of those corn dog looking sausage pancake on a stick thingies. Boy, that's a surprise when you've got mustard q'ued up for a delicious corndog and didn't read the packaging... :ugly:

And yeah, I understand some veterans DO have issues and generally bend over backward to work with the VA, ect to get them help. My coworker is a 20+ year vet who was blown up in the Middle East. It's hard for him to talk about, but he comes in every day, does his job, doesn't do illegal substances and has been one of the strongest men I know. He has earned my respect even with our difficulties.
 But some just won't take help, and when the court tells me I HAVE to make them comply- well, I HAVE to do what the court says. This one annoys me because he refuses in any way to take responsibility. Steal a car? Iraq's fault. Shoot heroin? Why, Iraq did it. Fail to miss appointment? Iraq. Oh, I didn't pay my fines? Iraq kept me from it. Strangely, Iraq is NOT keeping him from illegal activities.....

I'm working late shift today- until 7pm. Made some awesome broiled chicken breast last night. Probably negated any health benefit by having it wrapped in bacon. :laughhard: