News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Took the day off yesterday after traveling home most of Sunday and crying most of both flights. Leaving my family in Indy was hard. :sadbounce:

Now I'm attempting to work but my stomach is revolting so not doing much at the moment.

I picked seven humongous cucumbers from my garden this morning. On top of the five mom picked last week while I was Indy. I actually hate cucumbers lol so I'm gonna attempt making pickles. Any tips Sandra?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Fried cucumbers are awesome. Like fried squash, but cook them a bit longer.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 06, 2019, 06:01:27 PMI picked seven humongous cucumbers from my garden this morning. On top of the five mom picked last week while I was Indy. I actually hate cucumbers lol so I'm gonna attempt making pickles. Any tips Sandra?
Actually, I've never made pickles. Seth would be the one to ask.

Lynx

I've made pickles before. There is no right or wrong way to make pickles. It's all a matter of taste. The only thing I can say that is helpful is, make the pickle juice just slightly stronger than you want the pickles to taste. As they pickle, the pickle juice will pull water out of the pickles, diluting the overall strength (sour or sweet) of the pickle juice, and thus the pickles.

Oh, and if you boil the pickle juice and pour it over the pickles hot, they will pickle a lot faster than if you start everything out cold. But don't get it hot enough to cook the cukes.

I still think it's a waste of good cucumbers that could be sliced, breaded and fried...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Obviously you haven't ever been around here. They slice, bread , and fry pickles too. Real tasty when dipped in ranch dressing.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Yeah, they do that here too. I still think it's a waste. Fried pickles are nowhere near what fried un-pickled cucumbers are. Too chewy. It can have a nice flavor though, depending on which way it was pickled.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. Up again. Tarred. Supposed to be court day today but I don't think I have any cases on the docket. Manage to snag me a piece of buttermilk pie on the way out the door. Chey has got where she makes them for me. As usual, she made two last night, and as usual, myself, Lou, her, and her two friends demolished one last night. She had told me that one was for Bro Wilson- I told her it'll be the one she makes today 'cause I needed a piece this morning. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Your daughter makes buttermilk pie?

Oh she's gonna find a boy real fast, no problem.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

We have a tiny water leak under the kitchen sink area. Just a mist but a pain to get to when your knees don't work right. Should be fixed soon.

Roscoe

Isaac- yes, I'm prejudiced but- she's every little country boy's dream. Beautiful, can shoot a gun and loves them, loves mudding and Jeeps, adores fast cars (she is currently plotting to get me to buy her a late 70's early 80's C3 Corvette), and is becoming quite the little cook. And she has a wicked sense of humor, to go with a sweet nature, and to top it off, a love for God.
I'll be very cautious about what little boy I let come around, for sure.....

And morning all. At work. Plodding ever closer to Friday, glory be. I have steadfastly refused to make plans for anything this weekend.

Nelle

@Work. Today's the hubby's birthday. I had to put his gifts in his computer chair last night b/c I can't wake up before he does to put them out. 6am on Fridays is rough enough without seeing 5am instead, haha.

I'm going to have to focus on house cleaning this weekend. It's high time some of that mess gets ouuuuut of there. I'm going to sit down at lunch and make a list. I always feel better when I can cross things off as they get done, so I feel some sort of accomplishment when I sit down that evening and look around... and still looks like nothing was done ahahaha.

Roscoe

Sooo....you don't love your husband enough to get up early on his special day... :biglaugh:

Shame. :nono:

And in the cleaning department- I have GOT to do some decluttering/hauling to the dump/scrapyard myself. It's amazing how much junk one can accumulate without trying to. Out side I have car parts, spare wood from projects that I might need someday, and out and out junk that needs to go.
 Inside, we have boxes that we might need, old mail that should be burned but I fear irrationally I'll need it if I do- obviously I won't need 5 year old mail, but convince my brain of that- and tons of stuff that we thought was needed.
 And we can't seem to stop. Lou brought home two small galvanized metal tubs, resembling miniature horse watering troughs, two weeks ago- normally $15 at Walmart, they had clearanced them for $3 each- simply because "we might use them for flowers or something." Then she brought a wooden barrel, like a miniature whiskey barrel, home for the same purpose. We don't need them. We both know it. And we both were delighted to get them, and set them in my ham room/library to gather dust.
And this weekend is "Bargains Galore on 64" , a multi mile yard sale through the state. Yes- I am going to spend my birthday tomorrow in overalls and a 73 year old truck, trying to find more junk to bring home.  :pound:

Nelle

I did wake up and meet him at the coffee maker to tell him Happy Birthday, give him a hug, and wished him a good day! I think we are going to celebrate tomorrow night with dinner or an outing since he's going to have to work so late today. Besides.. he got to eat some of his snacks last night instead of having to wait until this morning or evening! I may or may not have helped eat one of his snacks. Apparently it was ME that liked those so much.. he just sorta liked them. More for me! LOL..

Just ate lunch. Leftover grilled pork chops! I need a nap.. but instead of that, I have 3 more hours of work. At least we are on the downhill slope!

The Purple Fuzzy

I've been checking out some yard sales. Didn't find too much but got a few things.

Lynx

Bobby you're thinking this from the wrong end. You have junk. There is a multi-mile yard sale. Take junk to yard sale! Park the truck by your booth or table or whatever. More people would see it there than if you were cruising.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Thanks!
 It was a good day. Even though it rained nearly 5 inches.  I was happy to find out that the recent dirt addition did exactly what I needed it to. No more problems with the septic tank.

I spent the evening mowing, cleaning things up, and working on Sam.

Roscoe

:hi:
 This place has died on us.
Good morning, all.

mini

Some of us are busy.

:ugly:

My daughter drove the Jeep to school today.  Her first time.  The Jeep has no top, no doors, no air conditioning.  And it's supposed to be 100 today.  We will see how she handles that...lol
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm sure she'll handle it like a champ. :bigcheese:

mini

Good morning all!

Daughter wanted to drive the Jeep to school again!  Apparently, a heat index of nearly 120 degrees didn't slow her down much.  But alas, there is a chance of rain.  Knowing her, she still may drive it.  I must admit, I'm a little proud of her.  17, driving a manual transmission.  Not many kids can do that.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

She will be spoiled and never want an automatic again.
I'm working my little fingers to the bone. Received an email this morning that I particularly did not desire. They recently put my agency "under the umbrella" of corrections and named a Secretary of Corrections. This person in second in command in the state, only answering to the governor. I was informed today that she is coming down and going out in the field on Home visits with officers. I was further informed that I am the officer she will be with in our office. I told my supervisor I was flattered. Concerned. And not sure what I had done to make my supervisor that mad at me.

And  lands, it is hot outside today. Fortunately I am working inside until 7 pm...

Nelle

I really do need to learn to drive a standard sometime. I get the concept of it, but I've never put it into use.

I got locked in a bathroom today when no one was in the office. Thankful it wasn't at night when everyone was gone for the day, or I would've been stuck there all night, LOL. The lock somehow malfunctioned. They finally came back and got me out. I was only probably stuck in there maybe a total of 10 minutes, but boy does it seem longer, haha.

Roscoe

:hi:
Morning. Court date. Have several people who will dislike me by evening's end, I suspect.  Ready for the weekend. Why, I don't know since I have to take part of my Saturday and take newbies to the range, but....

The Purple Fuzzy

Do you get comp time for your Saturday work?