News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

If a guy talks about other girls... does it mean something?

Started by sunlight, May 11, 2008, 07:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If a guy talks to a girl about some other girl he is potentially interested in, does that mean that he would never consider dating you?

yes- a guy doesnt talk about other girls if he is interested in you
no- he is being honest about his feelings, and could be using it as a sounding board.
no- he only does it to test you or to get your reaction
yes- its a sure sign he is not interested, and trying to let you down easily

Sis

Ashlee

Quote from: SippinTea on January 03, 2009, 03:43:14 AM
:listen: Yes? What did Ashlee tell you to do?

:beret:

I remember what I told him NOT to do.

Quote from: RainbowJingles on January 06, 2009, 08:03:27 AM
So...  Did Eric talk to Ashlee about other girls...?

:eyebrow:

:reporter:
Well, technically he did. But that's another story.

Quote from: nwlife on January 06, 2009, 08:16:42 AM
Sooo, Eric was her special guest she was talking about the other day?
No, I have never been his guest.

Quote from: RainbowJingles on January 06, 2009, 08:06:08 PM
AHA!  So Ashlee was talking to Eric about other guys!  :freaky2:

*sigh*  I guess technically you could say that, but what he had to tell me was much more interesting.  Eric really has more drama than he realizes.  lol.  That's why I enjoyed talking to him though.  Kept my mind off my own.

RainbowJingles

Where is John when we need him?

Shall we all join in a chorus...?

Hmmm...

Ashlee

nwlife

So if Eric wasn't the special guest from the north, and there seems to be nothing developing between Sir-bust-a-move (almost typed bust-a-moo!) and miss lousiana 2009,

does it stand to reason that if I ever drifted south, that she might want to play hide & seek in the bayou?

well, had to help develop the next investigation somehow! :hypocrite:
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

RainbowJingles

That's okay.  It doesn't matter WHY you say what you say.  It only matters WHAT you say (and sometimes even THAT doesn't matter TOO much).  :bigcheese:

Quote from: Ashlee on January 08, 2009, 04:19:12 AM
I was only defending myself! :hypocrite:

CDAGeek

Not to derail the derailment, but as far as the original question, I know if I was the guy it doesn't mean I'm necessarily uninterested, but just that I'm as ignorant and ...well, ignorant pretty much sums it up, as ever.

EricShane

Quote from: Ashlee on January 08, 2009, 01:14:03 AM
Quote from: SippinTea on January 03, 2009, 03:43:14 AM
:listen: Yes? What did Ashlee tell you to do?

I remember what I told him NOT to do.

Quote from: RainbowJingles on January 06, 2009, 08:03:27 AM
So...  Did Eric talk to Ashlee about other girls...?

:eyebrow:

Well, technically he did. But that's another story.

Quote from: nwlife on January 06, 2009, 08:16:42 AM
Sooo, Eric was her special guest she was talking about the other day?
No, I have never been his guest.

Quote from: RainbowJingles on January 06, 2009, 08:06:08 PM
AHA!  So Ashlee was talking to Eric about other guys!  :freaky2:

*sigh*  I guess technically you could say that, but what he had to tell me was much more interesting.  Eric really has more drama than he realizes.  lol.  That's why I enjoyed talking to him though.  Kept my mind off my own.
LOL... Girl, I stay 'out' of the drama these days.. if you think im dramafied now, you shoulda seen me a few years ago!!!! HAHAH! *hugs* btw, I am missing you!
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

RainbowJingles

I am no longer convinced that a guy's conversations with me about other girls mean anything deep or meaningful in regards to our relationship or lack thereof.

I am no longer convinced that a guy has written me off if he tells me that he might be interested in another girl.

I am no longer certain that a guy would be totally UNinterested in me, even if he were to tell me about the fact that he's going on a date with another girl.

I'm now realizing that a guy who is going on a date with a girl and calls another girl (i.e. ME) while waiting for his date is NOT necessarily trying to send me a signal that "you and I are just friends."  As a matter of fact, he may simply be totally confused, and not have a clue what he really wants in life yet.

If a guy confides in me about his dates, he trusts me.
If he confides in me about TWO MORE GIRLS that he might be interested in over the course of three or four months, he REALLY trusts me.

BUT...  when I finally confide in him that there are a couple guys interested in me, he wakes up and lets me know that he's been praying about US.  :o
I didn't realize that there might ever BE an "us."

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

SippinTea

:spitlaugh: Elona..... I don't even have a response. That's such a classic example of confused (and confusing) single life.

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

CDAGeek

We make perfect sense until the insanity that is the female population enters the equation.

Sis

Hardly!

What I've learned over the years. If a girl or your wife (Woman) tells you something about another woman, listen to her. She knows what she's talking about. If she says something about another girl liking you or has a secret crush, listen. She can see the game playing long before you do.

The same with a guy. My husband told me that this guy, we were helping, was falling for me (must have been insane), I listened to him and sure enough, it was true. Guys can read guys better than we can.

God made us different for  a reason. Not to complain, but to fit together and fill the empty spaces the other one doesn't have. Women are the nurturing ones and men are the hunters. God made women sensitive to understand what the children need. He made men a bit tougher because they had to kill to eat, so they don't look at a deer and see Bambi, they see dinner.

So, quit complaining. Enjoy the differences, put them to good use and you both will have a full life together. You singles have time to think about that before you get married.

CDAGeek

QuoteYou singles have time to think about that before you get married.

A bit too much time from my point of view  :biglaugh:

RainbowJingles

Quote from: SippinTea on February 12, 2009, 01:42:37 AM
:spitlaugh: Elona..... I don't even have a response. That's such a classic example of confused (and confusing) single life.

Exactly.  I found it quite amusing after I re-read it, as well.  lol

During the whole process I constantly pushed down feelings and consistently told myself that he wasn't interested, and that he was sending out the "no chance for us" vibe to the point that I convinced myself thoroughly, and it's been hard to even comprehend that he would even consider... well...  US.  :o

Quote from: Sis on February 12, 2009, 03:47:48 AM
He made men a bit tougher because they had to kill to eat, so they don't look at a deer and see Bambi, they see dinner.

So, quit complaining. Enjoy the differences, put them to good use and you both will have a full life together.

Sis: you crack me up!  :-)  **HUGS** Sis  That was classic.

Newsman

Soooo, how many guys does this make now, Lady Elona?

Inquiring Chief Instigato..errr, Investigators want to know!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:

RainbowJingles

lol  It makes one.

Strangely enough, it seems that there may actually be a time when the names of the rest of the gentlemen on the list of admirers begin to fade from the mind of a lady being prayerfully pursued.

SippinTea

Quote from: RainbowJingles on February 12, 2009, 05:57:07 PM
lol  It makes one.

Strangely enough, it seems that there may actually be a time when the names of the rest of the gentlemen on the list of admirers begin to fade from the mind of a lady being prayerfully pursued.

Mmm, hmm... Do tell more! :freaky2:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

RainbowJingles

lol  There isn't much more to say right now.  He thinks things through extensively, and I trust his walk with God, and we're both still praying about things.  We shall see where things go from here.

End of Story

for now

:chairspin:

sunlight

Quote from: RainbowJingles on February 12, 2009, 05:57:07 PM

ya know... i just love that quote from you.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

RainbowJingles

RainbowJingles