GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Went home sick Friday. Head cold is making me near death. Probably over did it on the weekend.
Working from home today.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

I've been sick with the sinusitis since October. I blow blood and mucus from my nose at least twice an hour all day every day, even at night. Been on three rounds of antibiotics, and every home remedy and OTC drug out there.

I'm likely dying and these stupid Drs don't have a clue. They just pat me on my hiney and send me home again.

I can't breathe and I feel like crud 24/7. It's just how I live now.

*shrug*

Other than that, I'm alive. Barely.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel just left for the airport to fly home. Praying for a safe journey.

Nelle

Everything's generally the same as always around here. I finally have the church books done, but I'm still working on year-end at the job. I do have things 2/3 of the day done tho! Yay!! 

Jeremy's bariatric surgery is for SURE scheduled for March 6th. We finally have every stitch of approval needed, and bar any unforeseen circumstances, he will definitely be having it that day. Finally! lol..

I cannot wait until March!! My mom is coming to stay with us while Jeremy recovers from his surgery. He really should only be down a day or so, so hopefully we will be able to just visit instead of be nurses, haha.

Our house is almost in parental order.. just a few more days of cleaning things up. It's going to eventually be to where we only have the big projects left until it's ready to sell! Yaaaaaaaaaaay. :)

mini

Quote from: Nelle on February 14, 2017, 03:51:33 PMJeremy's barbaric surgery is for SURE scheduled for March 6th.

Totally read this this way... LOL

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on February 15, 2017, 01:10:52 AM
Quote from: Nelle on February 14, 2017, 03:51:33 PMJeremy's barbaric surgery is for SURE scheduled for March 6th.

Totally read this this way... LOL

:ugly:
Surgery is barbaric. Even more so if it is being done on a Jeremy. All Jeremy's are barbarians. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I've been getting more responsibilities at work and it's making another employee angry. Mind you this same employee never shows any initiative, has to be asked multiple times to do things, and never wants to work her full schedule [much less extra in the event someone calls in].  :roll:  It boiled over yesterday when after I did the schedule per the owners request, she didn't have as many hours as she expected. Which of course was my fault and she exploded on me....in front of customers....and left in a rage telling me not to tell the owner about.... It was all super shady and unprofessionally. I can't apologize for being proactive. It's a reason Sue [the owner] loves me and wanted me to come back to work for her.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

On the other hand, in such a situation it's really easy to shine just by doing your job.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Must be something in the air. While I had no part in it, the newest officer in my office was asked for her resignation today and gave it. Less than six months.
I'm not unhappy, I didn't trust her and had caught several untruths from her. But this does mean the work load will remain high for a while...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I will tell you what managers at w*rk tell employees when they mention heavy business.

"Well that's job security!" :D

Yeah, it's just as annoying when the managers at w*rk say it too...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on February 16, 2017, 04:08:10 AMMust be something in the air. While I had no part in it, the newest officer in my office was asked for her resignation today and gave it. Less than six months.
I'm not unhappy, I didn't trust her and had caught several untruths from her. But this does mean the work load will remain high for a while...
If she was that way, it's probably for the best. Hopefully they will find a replacement soon.

Roscoe

Today was a perfect day. I spent until 1pm cruising the back roads and working on guns. The last half wasn't too bad either. Now to get through tomorrow..
I came home and worked some more on my ongoing tile project. Just about ready to pull up the baseboards and carpet. Plan to possibly start laying tile this week end..

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 17, 2017, 02:27:36 AMToday was a perfect day. I spent until 1pm cruising the back roads and working on guns.
At the same time? That could be dangerous...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:pound:  :pound:  I cruised backroads to get TO the guns, worked on them, then cruised back roads some more, Mr Nitpick... :pound:

Morning, all. I totally do not want to be near work much less AT work today..

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on February 17, 2017, 09:54:14 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 17, 2017, 02:27:36 AMToday was a perfect day. I spent until 1pm cruising the back roads and working on guns.

Well we at least know he's not working on his guns aka muscles.

:hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 17, 2017, 03:28:33 PM
Quote from: Lynx on February 17, 2017, 09:54:14 AM

Well we at least know he's not working on his guns aka muscles.

:hypocrite:
:pound:

Made it through the day. Lou and I have been looking for a good solid dresser for Chey, since we are remodeling a room for her. Looks like she's going to inherit ours. Lou and I found a very high quality solid wood bedroom suite for sale in our price range. It was originally over $3,000, so paying a tenth of that seemed like a good deal to me.  For the first time in nearly 14 years of marriage, Lou and I will have a matching bedroom suite. Now to go pick it up tomorrow and set it up before I finish de-construction on Chey's room in preparation to laying the tile.

Heather

Matching furniture is no fun.

Brandon is currently building us a headboard for our bed from scrap wood from an old storage building at his grandma's.

The exploding lady is supposed to apologize to me tomorrow. She agreed that she is in no way, shape, or form ready to take on more responsibility since she can't even run the register without messing it up. Plus we are all going into overtime next week due to closing and moving the 2nd location so we will see how she likes all those hours.

Sunday is my only day off in who knows how long after it. I just keep saying...we need the money. We want to pay off debt and are kicking around the idea of building a tiny house out on his dad's land.

Roscoe

Shew. I am totally bushed and it's only two pm. This new bedroom suite is flowerin' heavy. That dresser weighed a ton...
And I've got the carpet up in the guest room/Chey's new room. Gotta run to town for trash bags and a scraper to get the pad off of the glue, then we should be ready to start fitting tile.....
 Then paint Chey's dresser and probably some of her other things, and install a new water heater, and a new washer. And build bookcases for the man room/ham radio room/ liabrary. Lord. I ain't never gonna catch up and that's just the inside stuff..

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 19, 2017, 01:45:35 AMYou think you need more projects? Lol
No.  I need gratitude. LOL. I bought a 5 lb stick of bologna and wrapped it in bacon, spiced it up and smoked it. I gave my beloved Mouse, aka Daisy the 2.2 lb Chihuahua, a piece to eat as she sits on my shoulder. I turned my head in her general direction and she nearly took my nose off with those razor sharp little teeth. That's gratitude for ya. I wasn't remotely interested in her bologna, and now I'm afraid to move until she's done lest my nose get torn of.

Lynx

Wait, what? I thought it was a 1.5 pound gator just last week.  That was fast...

Historically biting-the-hand-that-feeds-you has never lasted very long with my pets. I like animals but I don't take any junk. But then I've never owned a small dog, only medium and large ones.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 19, 2017, 11:09:03 AMWait, what? I thought it was a 1.5 pound gator just last week.  That was fast...

Historically biting-the-hand-that-feeds-you has never lasted very long with my pets. I like animals but I don't take any junk. But then I've never owned a small dog, only medium and large ones.
I thought it was a 1.5 lb gator. But when I took it to the vet yesterday, it weighed in at 2.2 lbs.
 And she was just protecting her food. I'd have been singing a different story had she made tooth contact.
 I have gotten the floor ready for tile; laid out the tile; spaced it appropriately; and plan on cutting and mortaring it tomorrow. For today I'm wore out..

Heather

Had full intentions of staying home with my ailing cat today but got up early (without an alarm) and went to church anyway. I'd been watching a local UPC church online the past couple months but decided to actually darken their doorstep today. So glad I did. It was worth the hour drive.

As far as my cat, I'm afraid Topher may not have much more time here on this mortal coil. He's dropping weight fast at 15 years old.

mini

Urgh.

Been a busy busy few days.  Being a grownup is no fun.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on February 18, 2017, 04:13:23 AMMatching furniture is no fun.

Agreed. I just revamped my bedroom this weekend too! Guess it was the weekend for bedrooms lol.
Got a new bed/frame. Painted some new artwork for above the bed.

Still on the hunt for a mid-century modern dresser.
And still deciding what to put on the wall above the dresser.
Also need a planter (almost said pot but knew it'd get misquoted) for a plant.
Going to go find fabric to make new covers for my euro pillows since I can't find cheap ones that I like.
-Alexander Den Heijer-