News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 06, 2017, 12:29:05 PM"I felt no rotten tomatoes, and no knife cuts, so I count it as a win."

We can remedy this situation. :hypocrite:
:pound:
 It is a situation that requires no remediation.

And morning all... I am NOT looking forward to this day. Nothing major, just totally don't wanna adult today. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

I miss my chickens. And free eggs. Lol. And Robbie. And ac. And my own pillows.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

And here I was thinking about scrambling some eggs with sauteed green onions for breakfast.

How long will your deprivation last?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Robbie should be so happy he came in behind the chickens and eggs. Of course he's ahead of the a/c, so there's that. :-p

Morning all. Off to work after a stormy night. Much road time ahead for me.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Being ahead of air conditioning is nothing to disparage. A/C is important. If Robbie is more important than A/C, he must be a great person.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

A/C is very important in Texas. I'll probably have to use it today.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 07, 2017, 03:58:04 PMA/C is very important in Texas. I'll probably have to use it today.

Well I'm kind of the exception to the rule here. It's supposed to be in the 80's today and I won't turn my AC on.
I leave it (or the heater) off from like September to April usually. lol I run the heater a little bit in Nov/Dec. But in Texas the weathers so up and down it's not usually necessary.

I'd rather have a $40 electric bill. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 07, 2017, 03:58:04 PMA/C is very important in Texas. I'll probably have to use it today.

We had to use ours last night. Woke up at 1 am and it was 71 degrees in the house.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

I can attest to the fact that Sasquatch can hang meat in his den....

sunlight

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on February 08, 2017, 02:26:30 AM:grin: I didn't say it was in an order. Lol
You subconsciously placed it in an order. Thus- you love your chickens more than Robbie...

Lynx

I finally found someone else who has the same affliction I suffer.

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2017/02/08

Only substitute "girl scout shortbread cookies" for "kettle corn."
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Morning. Ugh. And Facebook has reminded me that six years ago today I befriended the Oklahoma Sasquatch. Imagine that. In six years, I have led him astray into ham radio and old cars. Not my fastest negative influence, but one of my more successful.. :P

Lynx

Sometimes it takes time to do a good job. And I notice you did not deny the statement about thin mints.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 08, 2017, 07:24:07 PMSometimes it takes time to do a good job. And I notice you did not deny the statement about thin mints.
I deny or confirm nothing vis-à-vis Thin Mints.

In sharing,the youth did a skit to Casting Crown's Set Me Free. It was amazing. And we had 70 people there on a Wednesday night because of it. 70. We haven't had that many in years..
Wound up with three in the altars. It was awesome.

Roscoe

Alright guys, has everyone quit coming around? Man, I miss when we had activity here.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. Nothing interesting to say. Missing both my girls in Cambodia & wishing my grandbabies were closer.

Lynx

In local news, I am planning to go to east TN tomorrow to visit mom for a few days. So of COURSE the oil pressure switch on my vehicle goes out. Fortunately I know a good, reliable, honest mechanic and fortunately I usually give him plenty of time to work, so when I told him it was an emergency he took me seriously and did emergency surgery. Unfortunately I needed that money for gas. Had to borrow money from a relative for the trip, and I hate borrowing.

Ah well. At least it happened here where I know a mechanic I can trust instead of breaking down somewhere along the road between here and mom's.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

As you go east, we are westbound. Headed over to the benefit dinner at Sasquatch's and gonna try, with the help of other well-intentioned friends, to persuade/help him put up a ham antenna..

sunlight

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 11, 2017, 03:10:35 PMAs you go east, we are westbound. Headed over to the benefit dinner at Sasquatch's and gonna try, with the help of other well-intentioned friends, to persuade/help him put up a ham antenna..
Let's see, what was that quote about a road paved with good intentions...?  =^.^=

In other news, Chel: With all the traveling you have done, what did you do when your car stopped working halfway to your destination? Did you just carry lots of money for repairs? Or did you have an AAA membership or something? Or did you just pray a lot that it would keep running?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:

Well. We had a wonderful time. Ate some good fish, visited with a ton of terrific people, including Ma and Pa Porter, who I reminded that they have adopted me, whether they wanted to or not; bid on and won a strawberry cream cheese pie and a 5 gallon bucket of 2x concentrate gain laundry soap; bid and lost at $40 a box of fried pies. They were labeled on the outside with spidery, wavy, old fashioned hand writing that looked to be shaken by age- therefore I deduced they were a prize to be won. Unfortunately some evil woman kept out bidding me and I lost them. After talking around, I became convinced that I had deduced correctly, wwhich made me all the more irritated that I lost them. :sadbounce:

Lou got to meet Okieoliveoyl, and had a time... Chey hit it off with Maddie, and we took a jug of Okie's special white dip home, which is delicious, by the way.

And prior to the shindig, myself and Brother Carr got Mini to climb a tree. I had climbed about twenty feet into that sweet gum tree, then made the mistake of looking down. Zacchaeus I am not. Mini climbed up another 15 feet or so, and that poor sweetgum tree had to support both of us for around 30 minutes.
 We got his ham antenna up though, and hopefully he will be able to talk to us now....

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

Quote from: Lynx on February 12, 2017, 11:14:05 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 11, 2017, 03:10:35 PMAs you go east, we are westbound. Headed over to the benefit dinner at Sasquatch's and gonna try, with the help of other well-intentioned friends, to persuade/help him put up a ham antenna..
Let's see, what was that quote about a road paved with good intentions...?  =^.^=

In other news, Chel: With all the traveling you have done, what did you do when your car stopped working halfway to your destination? Did you just carry lots of money for repairs? Or did you have an AAA membership or something? Or did you just pray a lot that it would keep running?

I had a dad who taught me how to check my car out, do preventative maintenance, and to know how to baby it when it started having issues. I have never had a car break down on me. I have had one blowout- with my mom and brother in the car- and we put the spare on, drive to Walmart, and got it replaced and went on our way.