News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 31, 2017, 01:41:34 PMWell, Chel is in the air heading to see Dina in Cambodia.
Robbie should've went with her, and took a ham radio. :pound: I need Cambodia on my personal quest to speak to someone in all these different countries. :pound:

And morning all. Gonna be a busy day. One of my parolees came in yesterday. Passed a drug test, doing terrific, good job, good marriage, getting off parole in March, a real success story. Until 9:30 last night. One of my friends popped him with 12 grams of meth. Apparently, his good job was being augmented by a small entrepreneurial venture selling dope. Sigh. They never learn.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on January 31, 2017, 02:03:25 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 31, 2017, 01:41:34 PMWell, Chel is in the air heading to see Dina in Cambodia.
Robbie should've went with her, and took a ham radio. :pound: I need Cambodia on my personal quest to speak to someone in all these different countries. :pound:
Chel has her ham license...

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 31, 2017, 04:57:18 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 31, 2017, 02:03:25 PM
Chel has her ham license...
Yes. But her license is the entry level. She doesn't have the privileges to the frequencies that would actually work to talk to here. Robbie, on the other hand has the Big Kahuna of ham license. Like me. Kinda the Uber-Nerd.

And Isaac, the prize is knowing that I have and other ham operators haven't. They have what the call Honor Roll- at least 300 of the 330 recognized ham radio DX entities or countries. I only am a bit over halfway there, with somewhere around 160 confirmed countries and probably another 20 I'm waiting on confirmation.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, Chel is in Cambodia, tired but safe. The tracking software gave me a scare last night. On her flight from Taiwan to Cambodia, it said the flight had been diverted to Qatar, which is on the Persian gulf. Totally not anywhere close to where she should be. I guess it was some sort of glitch because Dina found another tracking site that looked normal. Kinda made this mama worried for a little bit thinking of hijackers or something.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 01, 2017, 12:58:57 AMYes. But her license is the entry level. She doesn't have the privileges to the frequencies that would actually work to talk to here. Robbie, on the other hand has the Big Kahuna of ham license. Like me. Kinda the Uber-Nerd.

And Isaac, the prize is knowing that I have and other ham operators haven't. They have what the call Honor Roll- at least 300 of the 330 recognized ham radio DX entities or countries. I only am a bit over halfway there, with somewhere around 160 confirmed countries and probably another 20 I'm waiting on confirmation.
Ah, so it's nerd cred. Kind of like why some people suffer through the Star Wars Holiday Special.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 01, 2017, 04:48:02 PMWell, Chel is in Cambodia, tired but safe. The tracking software gave me a scare last night. On her flight from Taiwan to Cambodia, it said the flight had been diverted to Qatar, which is on the Persian gulf. Totally not anywhere close to where she should be. I guess it was some sort of glitch because Dina found another tracking site that looked normal. Kinda made this mama worried for a little bit thinking of hijackers or something.
Yeah, that would spook anyone given the current conditions in the Middle East..

Roscoe

:hi: HELLO?!?! *echoes*
Lord. Where did everyone go??
Been a long day. Lots of running- we are transporting this week. Took two to prison this morning, taking two more tomorrow, and one to West Memphis on Tuesday. And, that means I have to eat out. Which is NOT good for my diet..:pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lynx

But Bobby, think of all the barbecue places you can find along the way that you have never tried before! Look at it as an adventure. Or at least an opportunity.

If not, let me make the rounds in your place and I'll selflessly throw myself on the gastronomic land mine to save your diet. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Dina looks amazing!! I saw a picture on FB of her from the midwife. How does one have a baby and look like that afterward?!?!?

We both had a day off here today. Was going to go hiking but Brandon informed me that his license had expired on his birthday. So we spent the morning at the DMV. He has tomorrow off and is going to help his dad and sister with car repairs. I work and don't have another day off until Tuesday.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Yes, she looks great. I think location and food availability helps with the diet.

Roscoe

:hi: Sheesh, Finally- at 2 pm- getting to take a lunch break. And now I'm too tired to go get lunch. Started my day off completely torqued. We have a guy on "loan" from another office who's supposed to be helping us. He does nothing. We have to have someone behind in the office on transport days- two transporting, one in the office- our other officer took a rare day off before knowing we had to transport.
Loaner boy hears that we have a ton of folk coming in, and decided this morning that he would call in sick. Myself and the other officer stayed late last night and rescheduled everyone so this turd would not have to do anything, and he STILL calls in sick this morning. Myself and the other officers are hoping that if he lied, as we all suspect, that he gets a case of the green apple two step so bad he has to get medical assistance. Yes, we are that petty.
 And forgive me for not being Christian like in my fervent hopes for him. He has ticked all of us off for the last month and this put the cherry on the sundae so to speak.

Oh, and Loaner Boy is a Church of the Nazarene Pastor, and acts much the opposite...

My boss sent two others from another office to carry the thugs to prison, which was a relief. So now I have to go to West Memphis Tuesday, and Fayetteville, in the opposite direction Thursday.

Roscoe

:hi: It's the weekend! Fixing to go get my hair cut and go have my work phone fixed...

sunlight

:waves: from Cambodia! They don't wear shoes to church here. It was nice.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I bet it's warmer in Cambodia than it is here. Go to church without shoes here you'd freeze from the ground up.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I suddenly want to visit Cambodia.
 Morning, all. Enjoying the peaceful hours of the morning when the only ones up are me, Domino and the 1.5 lb gator that is currently biting my toes...

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 05, 2017, 06:43:13 PMBut it's a CUTE gator!

Or are we back to disowning it?
Quote from: sunlight on February 06, 2017, 01:50:48 AMBol! What he said... lol!
I couldn't disown this baby if I had to. She's MINE.

And in sharing, there I was, enjoying my Sunday, knowing that I could go to church at 5 and hear someone preach, just enjoying the good life. Then at 3 pm, two hours until church,I got the most unwelcome text an assistant can get-Pastor:" I'm sick and won't be there. Cover for me."

Arghh!!! God came through and a good service was had. I felt no rotten tomatoes, and no knife cuts, so I count it as a win.

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

"I felt no rotten tomatoes, and no knife cuts, so I count it as a win."

We can remedy this situation. :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"