News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Fighting sinus issue. Nose like a faucet one minute, has a replica of the Hoover dam the next. I've cleaned the majority of the house, since Lou is sick, and am fixing to go dig Rusty out for the first time in two weeks or better.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Today I found a nearby barbecue joint that serves beef brisket!

I know, I know, you folks in Texas are thinking "uh... so?" Hush. Up here in Tennessee pork barbecue is everywhere but it's hard to find a good beef brisket sandwich. It was delicious and I'm going to have to go there again soon. It might become my go-to for lunch.

AND they have homemade desserts. Bonus.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Homemade desserts...yeah that's a hole in the wall place to save. I enjoyed a pleasant ride in Rusty and cleaned the shop up before I got tired and quit for the day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Woke up to brandons alarm. Went back to sleep. Woke up to my alarm. Went back to sleep. Finally got out of bed around noon.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

You've been sick a lot lately, Roscoe. Hope you feel better soon.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on January 21, 2017, 11:32:28 PMToday I found a nearby barbecue joint that serves beef brisket!

I know, I know, you folks in Texas are thinking "uh... so?" Hush. Up here in Tennessee pork barbecue is everywhere but it's hard to find a good beef brisket sandwich. It was delicious and I'm going to have to go there again soon. It might become my go-to for lunch.

AND they have homemade desserts. Bonus.

haha yea ALL BBQ places here have brisket. Usually. That IS the staple of BBQ.

I make a mean brisket in the slow cooker that my Mom always made growing up. Just a brisket and then you add Claude's BBQ Brisket Marinade Sauce....(hard to find) and let it cook all day....OHHH MAN. I just can sit there and eat the whole pot myself.  :fork:  :thumbsup2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Fuzzy- I don't know what it is, but every single little bug that comes by has jumped on me this year. Totally over it.
 And in sharing- today was a busy day, as usual. One thing's for sure, all those years of doing nothing at the Capitol must've been God's way of making sure I was rested up for this job. :lol:  I love it, but lord, the-----constant-ness, to coin a word, is appalling.
 But I'm home now, I can half-way breathe, and my beloved baby Daisy is coiled up on my lap. And I've gotten most of our tax return done, to be completed when the State Capitol releases my W2 from the first part of the year. All in all- life is grand.

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on January 24, 2017, 12:15:57 AMFuzzy- I don't know what it is, but every single little bug that comes by has jumped on me this year. Totally over it.
 And in sharing- today was a busy day, as usual. One thing's for sure, all those years of doing nothing at the Capitol must've been God's way of making sure I was rested up for this job. :lol:  I love it, but lord, the-----constant-ness, to coin a word, is appalling.
 But I'm home now, I can half-way breathe, and my beloved baby Daisy is coiled up on my lap. And I've gotten most of our tax return done, to be completed when the State Capitol releases my W2 from the first part of the year. All in all- life is grand.

I remember a time not too long ago when you wouldn't claim that daisy was yours. You tried to put it off on chey and Lou!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on January 24, 2017, 04:47:40 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 24, 2017, 12:15:57 AMFuzzy- I don't know what it is, but every single little bug that comes by has jumped on me this year. Totally over it.

I remember a time not too long ago when you wouldn't claim that daisy was yours. You tried to put it off on chey and Lou!
I know not what you speak of. :hypocrite:
 I've covered a lot of miles today. Started off with court, then did home visits all day long. I bet we put 200 miles on the car today..

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

I think I'm getting a sinus infection for my birthday tomorrow. Just 2-3 more weeks and we will finally be caught up on bills. After paying what needs to be paid, we have $11 to live off of for a week.  :roll:  oh, and we both need gas in our cars....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi:  Done lots of paperwork. Same as usual. Came home. Grilled. Eating. Have zero intentions to do anything constructive the rest of the night...

MsJennJenn

Glad it's Friday. I'm tired. Been an intense week.

So it's a Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughn kinda morning.  :cool:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 27, 2017, 03:40:49 PMGlad it's Friday. I'm tired. Been an intense week.

So it's a Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughn kinda morning.  :cool:
Blues?!? You?!?!  I'm blown away... And it's ALWAYS a Albert King/Stevie Ray kinda morning.

Made it through the day. Relaxing at home. Used all of my considerable charm on my former HR manager and sweet talked her  into giving my the website and password to my W2 from the Capitol before ANYONE else at the Capitol gets theirs. I've spent the evening using Tax Act to file my taxes. Annoyed to discover the $20 I usually pay had jumped to $40, apparently because I failed to "lock in my price" several months ago. It's alright though...at least we are getting our usual chunk back. Of course it's just money that we loaned the government, but it's a nice savings account.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 28, 2017, 10:26:50 PMWho's Albert King?  No, I don't want to listen/look them up... :ugly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_King
 Just one of the greatest blues guitarist of all time......

Lynx

For some reason my music nerd brain turned up a song...

"When I found Jesus
I lost the blues"

EDIT: You can find everything on youtube these days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCXaFbQQ3jA

He's not the best singer in the world but he's also the one playing the lead guitar.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 29, 2017, 11:45:37 AMFor some reason my music nerd brain turned up a song...

"When I found Jesus
I lost the blues"

EDIT: You can find everything on youtube these days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCXaFbQQ3jA

He's not the best singer in the world but he's also the one playing the lead guitar.
Yes. And I like that song by Larry Carter, who is also an extremely talent guitarist, but not the best singer.
I've always loved the sound of blues. From the harmonicas, to the guitars, it just "clicks" with me...
It's sunday. I am being lazy. The only thing I've done overly constructive in the past two days is I made 2 buttermilk pies, a loaf of bread, spent yesterday with Lou and Chey, and completed February's zero-based budget.
 The hard part will be sticking to it...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 30, 2017, 01:38:51 AMWhat is "zero based"?
According to Dave Ramsey-every dollar assigned somewhere. No extra cash left over, not a penny. Zero. Thus, zero-based..

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on January 28, 2017, 03:18:13 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 27, 2017, 03:40:49 PMGlad it's Friday. I'm tired. Been an intense week.

So it's a Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughn kinda morning.  :cool:
Blues?!? You?!?!  I'm blown away... And it's ALWAYS a Albert King/Stevie Ray kinda morning.

lol you don't know me at all then. I don't do bluegrass....but blues like Stevie Ray Vaughn? Most definitely.
I don't do bluegrass or country or southern gospel...but everything north...lol gospel, motown, blues, r&b, soul, and everything in between.
I don't do contemporary hippy dippy worship either...but gospel obviously.
I also do classical, piano, opera and things of that nature.

My vinyl collection is made up of mostly classical and motown, but lots of random things in betwixt.
Music is a major part of who I am. Anyone that knows me can attest.  ;)
-Alexander Den Heijer-