News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

First day off since starting to work and my last one for at least the next week. Granted tomorrow I only work a few hours to make sure a coworker working an open to close gets a break.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Shew. Couple of nights ago I'd have had to get better to die. Feeling much better today.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

My poor, frazzled boss. She got her days super mixed up and therefore I had today off too. Which has been nice because Brandon had a day off.

Roscoe

Lou and I had a rare day off together as well. We had to go visit her doctor for female issues, then enjoyed a nice dinner. I used the time she was in the doctor's office to work on our written budget, then we went to a new "Box10" grocery store that opened up. Basically a salvage grocery that sells at cost plus ten percent, it was amazingly cheap. Yeah, like 10 lbs of potatoes for $1.97.  Nearly three lbs ( 2 good steaks and two partial steaks) of sirloin steak for $6.50. Canned corn at .45 a can. We spent around $40 that we hadn't planned on, since we had just gone in to see what it was like, but it's stuff that will keep and we won't have to buy next week, so anything over budget I'll pull out of the food budget for next week.
Then we came home and I spent all evening cleaning out the carport room and burning personal papers that have piled up and needed burning. How on earth does so much clutter accumulate?!? :pound:
 And last night, I saw root beer concentrate in Walmart. Got the wild hair to make homemade root bear and I did. Chey LOVES it...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Hey no fair! Our salvage grocery sells canned veggies at 59 cents! How did you get 45 cents a can? :p

But yeah, as long as you look at what you're buying a salvage grocery is a great place. Just because a can has a dent doesn't mean the contents are ruined.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Currently eating saltine crackers in bed. Ill let yall know if I survive this current plague.

The Purple Fuzzy

Dina's due just any time. The midwife is flying to Cambodia to deliver her baby right now. I hope she hangs on until the midwife gets there.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Mini...you ain't even close to right. :lol:

Been a busy day. Wound up working over until church time. Preacher didn't get to preach because a Holy Ghost hoe-down broke out. One of our new attendees got the Holy Ghost. Just got home. Fixing to go to bed, so I can get up and drive to West Memphis tomorrow to take one to prison.

Lynx

What's your church attendance running these days Bobby? Just nosy... er, just curious.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 19, 2017, 11:50:19 AMWhat's your church attendance running these days Bobby? Just nosy... er, just curious.
We had around 40 last night. We've been pretty consistent both Wednesday nights and Sundays in the 40's and 50s. Still not what we would like, obviously, but a long way from the 17 to 18 we had a few years ago....

And in sharing, to paraphrase an old country song -  :sing:  "the coffee, ain"t workin' annny mooore." :sing:
 And I have to go to West Memphis. Bah. I've already crashed the diet and grabbed a chocolate bar from Chey's candy fundraiser box, and have bought a Mountain Dew Code Red to chase the coffee with. I WILL wake up..:pound:

Lynx

Wow, all that just to wake up enough to drive to Memphis?

If you want to punish your cargo for errant ways, play some bluegrass gospel on the trip. Loudly. I like it but I've observed a lot of people don't. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Candy bars from fundraisers are incredibly hard to resist - especially the caramel ones! Yum!

We are only one month and 18 days from Jeremy's bariatric surgery, if all goes well with his second psych exam, and if the results from his gallbladder ultrasound and upper GI scan were good. He's incredibly anxious and SO ready to have this behind him and start his NEW journey. "Eat to live, not live to eat!"

My Cowboys lost, but I'm dealing with it maturely.. by rolling my eyes and ignoring all those memes all over facebook land, haha.

After nearly five years of marriage, we are FINALLY getting a dishwasher in our home! It's portable, because neither of us know anything about installing dishwashers, but we are ECSTATIC! Both of us despise washing dishes. Never again will I live in a home without a dishwasher - if I can help it!

We have been trying to coordinate with a friend/coworker of the husband's to come pick up our couch, a spare king bed, and our coffee table. He's needing to furnish his apartment since he and his wife are divorcing. (Say a prayer for him, I really think this is a time when Jeremy could really step up and be a witness to him.) And getting rid of our older stuff means that we can finally get our recliners! Yay!! We are ready to have a little more room and versatility in our furniture/living room!

And I'm barely surviving year-end. I told my husband that I'm having to just take it day by day, haha.

Fuzzy, I have their blog saved on my browser, and I check randomly to see if they've updated their posts. I have LOVED following along on their adventures. Praying all goes well with the delivery!

sunlight

Hey Roscoe- I would really like to look at that recipe if you are willing to share...

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on January 20, 2017, 05:15:53 PMHey Roscoe- I would really like to look at that recipe if you are willing to share...
?? Which one? Root beer? If so, ain't nothing secret about it. I bought root beer concentrate at walmart. You have to bring to a boil it, sugar and water, let cool. Then add 2 tbsl of the resulting syrup to 8 ounces of club soda. Nothing special....now if I'd made the concentrated syrup......

Roscoe

Shew what a day. Glad it's over. I've been as busy as a one armed paperhanger. Where's everybody at?

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. Dina is having contractions pretty regularly. Pray things go well

sunlight

You know how sometimes you have really exhausting days at work? The kind that make you wanna go home and go straight to bed? Yeah. That's all.

Heather

I love Dina. I feel like we keep contact via FB and IG. I know we like each others pictures and what not a lot.

I would say I'm sorry about the Cowboys, but as a 25+ year Packers fan, I'm not. At all.  :cool: However, I will say I really like Jason Witten [he's from my area] and Dak is going to be an awesome QB with a bit more experience.

I'm in the middle of 3 open to close shifts at work. However, my boss is pleased that customer service compliments and sales have both been going up since I've came back on board.

It's been hard watching everyone post about school/classes/homework on FB.

Dad went for his 3 month post chemo CT scan earlier this week and went for results today. He is still all in the clear and goes for another CT in 3 months. It amazes me how well he has done. Praise God!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller