News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Discussion: Why Wait For A Mate?

Started by Newsman, February 19, 2007, 04:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InChristGirl

That all depends on who your Penelope is

Amelia Bedelia

claims on Penelope... Angelina...
come on Trav you can't have them all... leave some for the other guys

Newsman

SippinTea

:o  You've done her in already??  :o

Poor Penelope. :biglaugh:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Newsman

SippinTea

Ah. Now it makes sense to my tired brain!  :teeth:

Hold it just a minute! Newsman stole Trav's lady?!?! What is this world coming to?  :chatter2: :chatter:

LarryTheCucumber

Quote from: SippinTea on March 11, 2007, 05:06:41 AM
Ah. Now it makes sense to my tired brain!  :teeth:

Hold it just a minute! Newsman stole Trav's lady?!?! What is this world coming to?  :chatter2: :chatter:

a perfectly cold and abusive end.

:P

newkris

wow, i guess i have been gone awhile.  this thread has gotten rather . . . interesting.    hhmm. 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

LeahMarie

Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

wire2john

"...stold his girlfriend..." "...stold her boyfriend..." That's kind of a weird way of describing it, isn't it? Wouldn't "...he/ she met someone they liked better..." be a more accurate description?

Amelia Bedelia

hey considering you can successfully sue the other woman/man when a marriage gets broken up I think calling it stealing fits

wire2john

Yes, but we're talking about boyfriend/ girlfriend, not husband/ wife. However I've long suspected the whole boyfriend/ girlfriend mindset is just preperation for a life of divorce and remarriage. It allows people to get comfortable with breaking commitments without consequence.

Backseat Radio

how long has this topic been here and I didn't see it  :o

I don't believe in this idea of God has 1 perfect person for you.  I do however believe in choosing a mate thats of the same faith which often means having to wait for a mate or even turn down offers outside the faith.

In my case I could be dating right now but becuase I don't want to be unequally yoked in a relationship I've chosen to turn down or break off potential relationships.  The baptist young man that I just recently turned down for dating, I was up front him that I don't date at this point in time because of some spiritual searching in my own life.  He respects me on that and him and I still talk.

Sis

QuoteI don't know who coined that phrase or where that thought process came from

Probably from someone who was waiting.  :couch:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Scott on February 20, 2007, 01:15:04 AM
Be friendly develop male and female friends.  Get active in your church, in your section, in your district. Volunteer at camps and retreats.  Go to youth and singles functions.

And for crying out loud: DO NOT ACT Desperate!!!!

I knew a guy that was so desperate that when he walked in the door, the girls ran and grabbed a guy.  He would never bother a girl that had a boyfriend and when that got around, all girls suddenly had a boyfriend.

:laughhard:

He would visit all the area churches on youth night and scope out the chicks. On night he walked up to me and asked me what my secret was?  I was ????

He wanted to know how I could have six girlfriends in the same church.  I was  :o then  :freaky2:

"Well, it a'int easy".

He shook his head and walked off.

Later six girls apologized for putting me in that position, they had forgotten to compare notes. From that point on, they compared notes and spread the love around.   :laughhard: :laughhard:

This guy wanted a woman so bad that he made himself look foolish.  He'd crash parties just to scope out girls.  I do not know if he ever got married or not, but he was at one point 22 and dating a 14 year old.

Folks, be natural, be real and don't act like every single guy or gal (whatever applies to you) is a potential mate. Chill and make friends. 

I laughed till tears were coming out of my eyes at this!  :laughhard:

SippinTea

ROFL! I'd forgotten about that post!

My sympathies for the gals. Been there, done that, grabbed a guy, pretended I was madly in love.  :laughhard: It worked. And the guy I grabbed seemed highly amused. :D

sunlight

Quote from: practicalme on May 24, 2008, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: Scott on February 20, 2007, 01:15:04 AM
Be friendly develop male and female friends.  Get active in your church, in your section, in your district. Volunteer at camps and retreats.  Go to youth and singles functions.

And for crying out loud: DO NOT ACT Desperate!!!!

I knew a guy that was so desperate that when he walked in the door, the girls ran and grabbed a guy.  He would never bother a girl that had a boyfriend and when that got around, all girls suddenly had a boyfriend.

:laughhard:

He would visit all the area churches on youth night and scope out the chicks. On night he walked up to me and asked me what my secret was?  I was ????

He wanted to know how I could have six girlfriends in the same church.  I was  :o then  :freaky2:

"Well, it a'int easy".

He shook his head and walked off.

Later six girls apologized for putting me in that position, they had forgotten to compare notes. From that point on, they compared notes and spread the love around.   :laughhard: :laughhard:

This guy wanted a woman so bad that he made himself look foolish.  He'd crash parties just to scope out girls.  I do not know if he ever got married or not, but he was at one point 22 and dating a 14 year old.

Folks, be natural, be real and don't act like every single guy or gal (whatever applies to you) is a potential mate. Chill and make friends. 

I laughed till tears were coming out of my eyes at this!  :laughhard:
:grin: she really did... i went in there to check on her and started laughing myself! hehe!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

upcchris

Hmmm I however do believe that God has someone for everyone, unless He means for them to remain single.

Why wait? 'Cause it aint obvious who it's gonna be, and you gotta be in God's will, IMHO
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris