Main Menu

The 80s

Started by Tricia Lea, February 17, 2010, 12:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cold Water Kid

Debbie Gibson. Only In My Dreams.

CDAGeek

newkris

coming into the church in the 80s had it's own subculture.  how edgy were you guys?  we listened to Carmen and Lanny Wolfe and STRYPER!!! 

anyone remember 88 reasons why Jesus is returning in 1988?  that was quite the interesting event . .  .
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Sis

Quote from: newkris on March 21, 2010, 01:06:14 PM
coming into the church in the 80s had it's own subculture.  how edgy were you guys?  we listened to Carmen and Lanny Wolfe and STRYPER!!! 

anyone remember 88 reasons why Jesus is returning in 1988?  that was quite the interesting event . .  .

I've been looking for a copy of the 88 reasons. I found one guy who thinks he still has it but he's not looking very fast. Do you know where I can get a copy?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Sis on March 21, 2010, 04:55:38 PM

I've been looking for a copy of the 88 reasons. I found one guy who thinks he still has it but he's not looking very fast. Do you know where I can get a copy?

Seems like a lot of the reasons were the same ones over again re-worded.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 22, 2010, 01:06:51 AM
Quote from: Sis on March 21, 2010, 04:55:38 PM

Seems like a lot of the reasons were the same ones over again re-worded.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14080011/88-Reasons-Why-The-Rapture-Will-Be-in-1988

Is this the one your looking for?

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Sis

YES! I think that's it. I tried all kinds of searches for it and never found it. THANX!

taco_harvell

We had an elderly man in our church who believed that book was 100% true. When 1989 came around and we were all still waiting he got so embarrassed he stopped coming to church all together. I don't think he ever went back.  :sadbounce:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

RainbowJingles

That's downright sad.  Wow.

Kris:  I checked some Stryper stuff out at the library sometimes and snuck it into my room once in awhile.  :hypocrite:

tj25

i was born in 78 but i remember wearing jelly bean shoes. My kids were watching some home videos at my aunts and Michael said boy mom you were a nerd. Lol That's okay though cause I've got some pictures of him that'll come in real handy one day. Hehehe
Eternity is too long to be wrong!

Tricia Lea

anyone remember the breakdance?

not that I could ever do it lol

Babs

Quotecopy of the 88 reasons.

i have the book in pdf if anyone wants a copy i can email it to you
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

I have a friend who's been looking for that book.  Send me it?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 27, 2011, 01:06:08 PM
I have a friend who's been looking for that book.  Send me it?

inbox me your email
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

upcchris

Quote from: The Cold Water Kid on March 11, 2010, 05:35:24 PM
'Surprised no one has mentioned Huey Lewis and the News. 'Hip to be Square'? Maybe the last pop song since '86 with a positive message.

Thank you, you've not got 'it's hip to be square' in my head. lol
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Tricia Lea

:sing: It's hip to be square..

Heather

I sing alot of late 70s/80s Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Tricia Lea

I love his song Free fallin'

Heather

that was early 90's but still amazing. i LOVE Tom Petty :)
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

EricShane

this is a cool thread... I always enjoy seeing old people remember stuff, while they still can...

*evil grin*

lol
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Tricia Lea

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

Eric you are asking for it

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

nannadonna1

Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 19, 2010, 06:43:34 AM
Quote from: upcchris on February 18, 2010, 02:46:31 AM
OMW LOL.   A time before the Internet *gasp*.

Carebears, I remember them lol Does anyone else remember the Ewoks cartoon series?

Cabbage patch kids

Our neighbour had a pogo ball I think

I really don't remember many music video clips from the 80s or songs....i think I was too young to appreciate glam rock

I rememver Swatch and strawberry shortcake...I think I or my sis had a strawberry shortcake figurine that smelled like vanilla

I remember friendship bracelets....just like Scoobydos they came and went

pacman, the original Nintendo console - my neighbour owned one

does anyone else remember crystal coke?

every 80s cartoon - Thundercats, Ewoks, Carebears, Fraggle Rock (not really a cartoon-but anyway) Captain Planet (even though that was probably more 90s) The Snorks, Inspector Gadget, Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers, etc.

Wow... all of those plus Mr. Wizard, David the Gnome, Garfield and Friends, Heathcliff

Atari... 386 and 486 Computers, I have memory for my Camera on a phone than those computers had. Lol...

The old Box Apple Computers... Born in '83, so I dont remember much more than what ya'll have added, but a lot of '80's stuff hung on into the '90's
:biglaugh:

I had a commodore 128 computer  :biglaugh:

mini

Carmen drove my dad INSANE.  He hated him...lol

One day, I was on yahoo christian music, and was horrified to see a band named "STRYPER."  I thought how in the world could they label them a "christian" band and call themselves Stryper (stripper)...then a few weeks later my pastor was preaching and said something about Stryper (stripe-er).  It was a major light bulb moment...LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller