News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

old timers or mad cow???

Started by yosemite, May 19, 2008, 11:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yosemite

there was a show on coast to coast last night about alzheimers and mad cow desease. U.S. doesnt check beef real well and most countries dont except our beef because of this.
  the guest on last nights show says he was a dairy farmer and went into details about what we feed the cows and animals of graze. he tells of what medical events he went through with handeling these feeds.
    he then gave numbers for statistics of who had mad cow and then told of the docters that found that all the patients that were thought to have alzheimers when deceased and autopsied, they found they didnt have the alzheimers but a case of mad cow desease.
   for more of the details you'll have to google: coast to coast am with george noory. look for sunday nights broadcast .  sundaynights broadcast was not george noory-he had a fill in- george knapp. for those who are easily upset with things in the world dont go there. this show goes everywhere and every subject of the paranormal and witchcraft is no exception!! some nights i have to switch channels and listen to something else. some nights are good and i like the conspiracy he goes into along with endtime things.       -yo

Mad Cow Disease in America    coast to coast am (breif)
George Knapp (email) was joined by former cattle rancher turned vegetarian and food safety activist, Howard Lyman. People don't have a clue about the seriousness of Mad Cow Disease (called CJD in humans), and as many as 450,000 Americans may have the illness which can take anywhere from 10 to 60 years to incubate, said Lyman.

The disease is thought to be spread via animal feed which contains ground-up animal parts. A 4 oz. burger, Lyman estimated, may have many as 500 to 1,000 different animals in it. Problematically, America only tests 1/10th of 1% of cows for the illness, and typically, older cows that would be more likely to have the disease aren't tested, he reported.

Lyman, who declared, "I don't eat anything with a face, a liver or a mother," offered these recommendations:
Don't consume wild animals such as deer and squirrels.
If you eat beef, make sure it's organic and naturally raised.
Avoid eating chicken-- the poultry is filled with hormones, chemicals and antibiotics and fed manure.
Shop at farmers' markets and grow your own vegetables.
If you purchase dairy, make sure its organic.  coast to coast am (breif)

sorry sis mom, it was on my mind...guess i may have needed to keep quiet!
plaques and pestelences!!!
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Mrs. Yosemite

Some people may think this is funny, but it'snot.

yosemite

My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

yosemite

anyone working in the feild of health care got a comment?

has anyone got a comment on the source or the subject?

sunlight

I learned in class yesterday that you get CJD from eating squirrel brains... so stay away from them if you can...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Sis

Quote from: sunlight on May 22, 2008, 11:48:23 PM
I learned in class yesterday that you get CJD from eating squirrel brains... so stay away from them if you can...

That's good to know. I don't eat them.  :bigcheese:

Mrs. Yosemite

yeah I tried to buy groceries while ago and I couldnt buy any meat. Kept thinking about that cow up there. lol  blehhhhh<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZKxdm021YYUS%2526i%253D36%252F36%255F1%255F2%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

mesipie

we have started buying organiic meat
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

yosemite

The disease is thought to be spread via animal feed which contains ground-up animal parts. A 4 oz. burger, Lyman estimated, may have many as 500 to 1,000 different animals in it. Problematically, America only tests 1/10th of 1% of cows for the illness, and typically, older cows that would be more likely to have the disease aren't tested, he reported.

hunters are putting up food plots to atract game and the wild life contract the desease in this manner..  deer and other game are very subject to this and is not limited to brains.

while sam and i were in colorado some locals told us about the local vinison game going mad or crazy with no reason and was not rabbid.

joyful 39

I listen to Noory all the time. He has been one of my favorite talk shows on late night for the past few years. I used to like it when Art Bell was on too.  He gets some pretty interesting and sometimes wild subjects on there doesnt he?

yosemite

yeah interesting and out there!! when he does have a good show, it is a chartbuster.
last night was fair, night before last was a real gooden with ken kline.

yosemite

dnr1128

Lyman also cited two studies, one of which was done by the University of Pittsburg, that did autopsies on bodies of people who had been diagnosed with and died of Alzheimers.  That study found that between 5% and 13% of those examined did NOT have Alzheimers;  they had CJD. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

yosemite

:clap: :clap: and that is the point of my post. how many people are going around with a diagnosis of alzheimers when it is really mad cow or CJD.

our government is allowing cows to go untested when there are countries of less gerth than ours refuseing our cows and they test all of theirs.

if all the tree huggers were all that concerned with wild life and all, they should be all over this and their not. hunters are the cause of the spread into the wild life by way of food plots and feed traps.(i'm a hunter to, but i dont use food plots)

the people that do the reserch are doing a good job to keep us informed, but so many times people are just not concerned enuf to even say, hmmmm!

-yo

Sis

*Sis is not mad at any cows at this time*   :hypocrite:

dnr1128

What's really nasty, is that roadkill, sheep, goats, even cattle, are ground up and fed back to cattle as range feed.  The city of Los Angeles gives 200 tons every month of euthanized dogs and cats to be ground up and used as range feed for cattle. 

Yum!!!! :thumbsup2:
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

yosemite

Quote from: dnr1128 on July 09, 2008, 09:12:52 PM
What's really nasty, is that roadkill, sheep, goats, even cattle, are ground up and fed back to cattle as range feed.  The city of Los Angeles gives 200 tons every month of euthanized dogs and cats to be ground up and used as range feed for cattle. 

Yum!!!! :thumbsup2:
well now you stay on top of this pretty good too! not many people even know of this.

Sis

With all the unhealthy stuff, and the government medicating the population, we don't stand much of a chance unless we all become farmers, huh?

yosemite

Quote from: Sis on July 09, 2008, 09:33:49 PM
With all the unhealthy stuff, and the government medicating the population, we don't stand much of a chance unless we all become farmers, huh?
well if ya cant get funded and the bank wants you to use so and so's feed, what do ya do.

Sis

yosemite

Quote from: Sis on July 09, 2008, 09:51:46 PM
Without Jesus we're doomed!

yep!! and may be the reson so many farmers are going out of buisness. they have no defence against an aposing force.

yosemite

funny that this information has dropped out of the news since Obama frinzie has taken over in the way of national health care.

if they take over health care they can cover up more than cjd!!