News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

smoking-: gotta quit

Started by yosemite, April 24, 2008, 02:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yosemite

Quote from: MelodyB on September 07, 2008, 09:21:14 PM
So yeah...I forgot about this...How is the smoking coming along? Did you finally quit?

i'm still formulateing my battle plan,*rip off another puff and turn on the fan*

hahahahahahahcough cough cough!!
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Brother Dad

Hey Yo what is that awful cat smell. LOL
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

titushome

I just discovered this thread.  I'll be praying for you, Yo.

My dad smoked for many years, and I know how hard it was on his body.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

iridiscente

I'm addicted to sugar... it's really hard to quit because it's even served at church!

Envelope

My dad quit smoking 30 years ago.  When my parents divorced, my dad begged God to let him have custody of my twin and I and promised God if he got us, he'd quit smoking and drinking.  He got full custody of us and never smoked or drank again!!!!  Hard to believe it's been THAT long ago!!!!!!!!

Don't give up!!!  Praying for you!!!!

sharon

yosemite

Quote from: Envelope on September 09, 2008, 12:58:18 AM

Don't give up!!! 

sharon

no way i'm givin up! i'm hanging in there, like a hair in a bisquit! hahahahaha :o
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

The Purple Fuzzy

yosemite

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 09, 2008, 03:13:14 PM
*gag*  :roll:

hahahahahahaha maybe a cat hair!!(bro dad) hmmm! cat head bisquits! hahahaha

Brother Dad

Quote from: yosemite on September 09, 2008, 03:17:47 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 09, 2008, 03:13:14 PM
*gag*  :roll:

hahahahahahaha maybe a cat hair!!(bro dad) hmmm! cat head bisquits! hahahaha
pweeeeeeeeeeeeweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeshoe oh my
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Sis

Quote from: yosemite on September 09, 2008, 03:07:18 PM
Quote from: Envelope on September 09, 2008, 12:58:18 AM

Don't give up!!! 

sharon

no way i'm givin up! i'm hanging in there, like a hair in a bisquit! hahahahaha :o
[/quote

EWWWWWWWW!  Choke! Gag!

MelodyB

What is with the Cat bashin? Yall talking about my house? LOL

I dont have cat hairs in the food, but I do have a cat, and sometimes on a bad day I can smell her. Did Dad have a bad experience at my house?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

yosemite

nahhh! dureing the time bro dad was down he prayed that the cigs would begin to taste like cat urine or smell like it.

all i can say is that it is amazeing what you will do fer another cig.

Chseeads

Quote from: yosemite on September 10, 2008, 12:06:56 AM
nahhh! dureing the time bro dad was down he prayed that the cigs would begin to taste like cat urine or smell like it.

You've started digging in litter boxes to get your fix?  :freaky:

Ashlee

*stiffles her laughter*

I really do hope you can overcome this Yo.  Good luck to you!

yosemite

Quote from: Chseeads on September 12, 2008, 08:27:26 PM
Quote from: yosemite on September 10, 2008, 12:06:56 AM

You've started digging in litter boxes to get your fix?  :freaky:

nah. not yet, besides i dont even have a cat. the neighbors dont either...i dont think!  *goes to check*

Sis

I don't think you need one to have kitty litter around. We used to use it in the car if we got stuck in the snow.

yosemite

ole trucker trick!! in the winter i keep some too! :laughhard: :laughhard:

Sis

I knew that trick before I EVER met an OLD trucker.   :laughhard:

Gingerale

Getting lung cancer is fear enough for me to have quit when I backslid and came back this last time. My friend Tanaka, the Godsend who has helped me get through this divorce is 36, and has lung cancer. He still smoked a carton every 4 days. Marlboro Mediums.... I am helping him to quit now- he is now only buying packs.... that's helping him alot... instead of buying cartons.

If you have insurance, the C-pill works wonders... I have 7 people family and friends who have successfully used it, and successfully quit.... one of which owns 2 nightclubs.... and is around it all the time, and the C-Pill makes him sick....

The Cold Water Kid

If you've been trying to quit for a long time without success stop wishful thinking and go to the doctor. They have several medications that make it easy to quit; I used Zyban. I later learned that Zyban is Welbutrin marketed for smoking cessation, so ask your doctor for generic Welbutrin because it is the exact same thing as Zyban only much cheaper. If the cost of a doctor visit and medication seems too expensive, consider how much money you'll save in the first month of being off nicotine.

yosemite

CWK this was an old thread post. happy to say that this is not a problem now. :clap: :clap:

RainbowJingles

Woohoo!!!

Halleluyer!!!

That's awesome, Yo!

yosemite

Melody

I rejoice w/ you!  Praise God!  Did it go when you got the Holy Ghost or did you have to work a bit to overcome it?

yosemite

mostly when i received the Holy Ghost. i still have cravings though. i have also had set backs where it seems i couldnt help myself. even now when there are times of stress it tears at me.