News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

smoking-: gotta quit

Started by yosemite, April 24, 2008, 02:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yosemite

My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

yosemite

still smoking!! man i gotta guit. i was out mowing the yard and it seems as though i cant get my breath. :-( :-(
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Brother Dad

Quote from: yosemite on May 20, 2008, 09:32:08 PM
still smoking!! man i gotta guit. i was out mowing the yard and it seems as though i cant get my breath. :-( :-(
Still praying for you every day.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Envelope

as much time as ya'll are spending together fellowshipping, bro Yos, you'll be quit in no time!!!!!  If you don't smoke around bro. Dad, then just spend more time with them!!  LOL

seriously, praying for you!!!  I've heard it is SOOOO hard to quit!!!!!

yosemite

soooooo very hard. i have sat and wondered and tried to give myself incentive to quit but it aint working. seems like wanting to be closer to Gods will would do it.
seems like wanting to be healthy would do it. seems like the more i want to quit the more i smoke. :-(

Sis

Been there did that, and burned the tee shirt. I never thought I'd beat that monster. It's worse than heroin. At least with heroin there are drugs.  Speaking of which, have you tried nicorette? Some say it does help, even if you're still smoking, you will find yourself smoking less all the time.   

yosemite

yeah it helps very little. that stuff is high though. makes me sick. i have a slight problem with my heart and things like that make it act up. also cant do the energy drinks or diet pills. its like my heart goes to beating real fast but isnt pumping any blood. i get shaky and weak when it happens. spells some times last 5 mins to 20 min.-yo

yosemite

one thing i can say ciggs dont taste as good as they use to!!

i was at the sherman church and a visiting preacher told me to drink the olive oil as he prayed for me to quit smoking. after the service the preacher of the church sayed he started to tell me he'd get a new bottle(fresh),before he could say anything, gulp, gulp, gulp,the old bottle had been there for a long time.
it was nasty!! when i smoke on a long trip,the ciggs taste just like that oil. blahhhh.
                                      -yo :pound:

sunlight

seems like you could replace that "smoking" with any other bad habit- and the struggle is the same. I don't struggle with smoking, but i do have other bad habits i wish to see totally gone... and the same stuff you are saying applies.

For Example:
soooooo very hard. i have sat and wondered and tried to give myself incentive to quit but it aint working. seems like wanting to be closer to Gods will would do it.
seems like wanting to be healthy would do it. seems like the more i want to quit the more i do it.  

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

yosemite

if its that close to what i'm going through, you got it bad.  *prays for sunlight*

Brother Dad

Not that I would ever do it but I thought I would pass along something a preacher that came to preach for me one time told me.  Now this happened somewhere else and He was just telling me about it.  "Seems a woman came up for prayer, she said Brother Preacher pray that I can stop smoking, the preacher put his hands on her head and said Lord if she lights another strike her dead".

Now Brother Yosemite I am not praying that way.  I am praying for God's Grace and Mercy to help you stop. 
Love you guys
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

yosemite

wowsers!!!  wonder if she quit..  thanks bro.  but i need to get it in my head that that may be the reason for the second death if i dont quit.

holding on to these things, i feel is a holding on to the lusts and desires of the flesh and needs to be gone.

i guess to a non-smoker this seems rediculus. like eating an apple, you can eat it or not.           goes a little deeper than that.

Brother Dad

Quote from: yosemite on May 21, 2008, 04:20:37 PM
wowsers!!!  wonder if she quit..  thanks bro.  but i need to get it in my head that that may be the reason for the second death if i dont quit.

holding on to these things, i feel is a holding on to the lusts and desires of the flesh and needs to be gone.

i guess to a non-smoker this seems rediculus. like eating an apple, you can eat it or not.           goes a little deeper than that.
I have dealt with so many people that have this problem.  I am sure it is not easy.

yosemite

thing is i smoke and find it rediculus too!!  LOL

sunlight

I could be saying this, with smoking replaced with a different habit. I know how you feel... or i feel like i do.

Praying for you sir! we can do this!
Quote from: yosemite on May 21, 2008, 04:20:37 PM

i guess to a non-smoker this seems rediculus. like eating an apple, you can eat it or not.           goes a little deeper than that.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel, maybe you should join "huggers anonymous"

yosemite

hahahahaha!!!   huggers anonymous??!!  LOL

mesipie

my dad smoked for YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAARS.............he quit cold turkey this past year...he had a heart attack...at the old age of...43 or 44,,,not fun....but we had been praying for Years for God to get a hold of him and help him quit...some how, some way, no matter what
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

Sis

yosemite

yikes!! hpe i quit before that!! *excepts hugs*

mesipie

lol...not a scare tactic...just my dads testimony

Sis

mesipie

yosemite

I know there`s a lotta talk going around today
About cigarette smoking whittling your life away
I`ve seen it and I`ve heard it so many times
That finally it just started to prey on my mind
I guess it scared me a little bit
That`s why I decided I was gonna quit
So while I was sitting here forming my battle plan
I took another puff and turned on the fan
I just sat there in my easy chair
And thought of all the money I`d wasted on cigarettes all these years
I thought how I`d spend the rest of my days
After I kick this habit my body craves
Said to myself this ain`t gonna be so tough
With that little bit of assurance
I took another puff

I took a puff, a puff, then I ripped off another puff
I decided I`d about had about enough
That breaking this habit won`t be too tough

Now I`ve give a lot of thought to this thing
If I didn`t smoke cigarettes I`d feel just like a king
Besides with the price going up every day
I knew I was just throwing all my good money away
You know I ain`t lit one in an hour or so?
Just wanted to make sure I could quit you know
I was thinking maybe I oughta write all this down
Put it in a song kinda circulate it around
Can`t ever tell it might make a hit
And that redneck Hall did a little bit
Can you imagine me a hit songwriter!
Now where`s... where`d I put that cigarette lighter?
After all it`s a habit and a habit you can break
Just a little bit of willpower son that`s all it takes
I said to myself you got to be tough!
And with that little bit of wisdom
I took another puff

I took a puff, and then a puff, then I finally ripped off another puff
And I decided boy this ain`t gonna be tough
Besides I`d just about had enough
I`m about ready to quit this rotten habit anyway

Oh I think they ought to take it offa television
It looks too good! Ow!
I like them skinny ones with the filter
Oh give it to me! Give it to me!
Cigarettes... I say if I quit smoking what`ll I do?
Maybe I`ll eat
Yeah I`ll eat cigarettes
Ahh, I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it
Chester B don`t smoke, he smokes logs!
Makes you laugh funny too
Oh my throat`s scratchin`, oh
I wish I could think of something bad to say about cigarettes
Boo on cigarettes, don`t smoke don`t smoke don`t smoke
You quit smoking that`ll leave more for me!
I love it I love it, no I don`t love cigarettes ya know
Don`t misunderstand me I hate cigarettes
Makes ya cough, and when ya don`t smoke it makes ya shake
I don`t know what`s worse, the shake or the cough
I think I`ll make me a coughshake, oh!
Son did you ever smoke?
Oh I remember one time I quit smoking
I quit for three months
My wife left me
So did my children
She took my house and left
It was a mobile home               hahahahahahahahacough cough cough

thanks jerry,............ i think?

MelodyB

So yeah...I forgot about this...How is the smoking coming along? Did you finally quit?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?