News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

westerns and trucks anybody here into these

Started by yosemite, April 02, 2008, 03:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerd

While I'm not a big Harry Potter fan, I don't really have a problem with it because I can distinguish fantasy from reality. I can also judge what I see, or read.

At the same time, I don't think Harry Potter is something that's good for kids to be seeing. While they very likely will not "turn to witchcraft" because of Harry Potter, it's still not a very healthy thing for younger kids to be getting into. When they're old enough that they can completely separate fact from fiction, that's another story.

IMO, if some kids were inspired by Harry Potter to delve into the occult, nothing short of an epidemic would get articles written about it...

I know this little kid who ran around trying to "force" things after he saw the new Star Wars movie(s), and he really was thinking it was possible. He was serious... lol

yosemite

yeah i used to try to force things to happen to!!LOL

i useally broke what i was forcing or busted knuckles trying to force it. (useing a wrench or pry bar)

star wars, man in the day that was a movie..raiders of the lost ark,that was good too!!   -yo
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Nerd

:biglaugh:

"If I just lean on this a little, something's gotta give. Yep, it was my hand..."

I still like the old Star Wars, but the new ones just about gave me a case of hives.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nerd

Sis

Was it a Western hugg? Remember where you're posting, now!

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Sis

yosemite

My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Nerd

QuoteWas it a Western hugg? Remember where you're posting, now!

If I was wurrin' mah cahboy boots when I hugged her, does that make it a western hugg?  ;)

Sis

Yeah, I guess so. Like the new Avatar! Like Dagwood. Like his slammiches, too.

Nerd

yosemite

yosemite

i recently watched open range and the last of the dogmen. anybody seen these? great westerns!! i would put them on the same level as dances with wolves and jerahmiah johnson.