News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

westerns and trucks anybody here into these

Started by yosemite, April 02, 2008, 03:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yosemite

will smith, i am legend-liked a little
3:10 to yuma-liked had a good story line (bad language)
chip munks-helarious
martian child-good family movie
riddick chronicals-good sci-fi-  bad language. need a filter.

other than that i watch the old stuff that i get at wally world.  bananza, john wayne and the likes. and wanting to go see iron man.
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

yosemite

a truck i had during the owner op days.

a buggy i built from vw running gear.

a car i was running when sam and i got together.

my two old trucks. when my rich uncle gets out da po house i'm gonna fixem up. :laughhard: :laughhard:
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Sis

yosemite

yeah,i used to alot. the gang i hung with in these days were into climbing hill,and bragged about flipping their buggies over. i had too much money in mine to do that. after i finished the rail buggy i had close to five grand in it.  most of that was the motor. she was a hoss. ran for about three or four yrs. and sold it for 1500.00. still ran perfect..  luv dem bugs!!!

sam said when we got to gether she felt like minie mouse in a car-tune, in the car that i fixed up as a baja bug.  that car is built just like the little hot wheels car. every once in a while you can still find it at wally world.. i dont have it or a hot wheel now.. :laughhard: :laughhard: :cry2:

yosemite

on the rail bug photo you can just barely make out something on the top.  i had a painting of yosemite and tweety on there.

The Purple Fuzzy

Sis, you may have to change your avatar... ;)

yosemite

some where in these post we have asumed kinship. she dont gotta change.LOL :laughhard:

The Purple Fuzzy

yosemite

hahahaha!!   i like the tire stops!! they need a whoopen for doin a melon that way. haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

I have a friend that made a 3 wheel road legal vehicle out of an old small pickup or something.  I wish I could figure out where I put the photo, I think you'd enjoy seeing it.  Gonna search some more.

bishopnl

I didn't care for I Am Legend...not that great of a movie, IMO.

I watched Teacher's Pet w/Doris Day and Clark Gable a week or two ago.  And I, uh, saw Ironman and Prince Caspian.  Both were excellent.

Speaking of which, if anyone hasn't seen the first Chronicles of Narnia movie, I recommend that one as well....
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

yosemite

ya know i try not to judge but i walked in a bible store the other day and saw the narnia and harry potter on the shelf and thought to myself hmmmm!

i've seen narnia and the wordrobe or something,good fantasy movie. dont think it belongs in a bible store though.

Sis

Quote from: practicalme on May 21, 2008, 04:42:49 PM

My head is plugged up. HUH?  Why?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Sis on May 21, 2008, 06:55:46 PM

Cause he had a picture of Yo & Tweety on top of his car. ;)  Didn't want Sam to get jealous.  hehe

bishopnl

Quote from: yosemite on May 21, 2008, 06:42:40 PM
ya know i try not to judge but i walked in a bible store the other day and saw the narnia and harry potter on the shelf and thought to myself hmmmm!

i've seen narnia and the wordrobe or something,good fantasy movie. dont think it belongs in a bible store though.

Narnia's entire world, from beginning to end, is grounded in CS Lewis' worldview as a Christian.  It is rife with biblical themes and is allegorical in nature, from Aslan the lion to references to "sons of Adam" and all things in between. 

There's no better place, IMO, for Narnia than in a bible bookstore.
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

yosemite

ok, didnt know that and wasnt paying attention to movie that close. but what about harry potter?  george noory had a person on that was his(cs lewis) step son.
he talked about him quite a bit.-yo

Sis

Quote from: practicalme on May 21, 2008, 07:03:15 PM
Quote from: Sis on May 21, 2008, 06:55:46 PM

Cause he had a picture of Yo & Tweety on top of his car. ;)  Didn't want Sam to get jealous.  hehe

Sometimes I have to have things pointed out and explained to me. DUHHHHH!

yosemite

Sis

yosemite

we are all in the same boat whether it be noahs or not. hahaha

bishopnl

Quote from: yosemite on May 21, 2008, 07:32:08 PM
ok, didnt know that and wasnt paying attention to movie that close. but what about harry potter?  george noory had a person on that was his(cs lewis) step son.

I don't have a problem with Harry Potter, but I agree that it's not Christian material and is out of place in a Christian bookstore.

Sis

Quote from: yosemite on May 21, 2008, 08:00:24 PM
we are all in the same boat whether it be noahs or not. hahaha

Well, Noah's boat was the saving boat! so I guess we should all be on the same boat, huh?

yosemite

yosemite

Quote from: bishopnl on May 21, 2008, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: yosemite on May 21, 2008, 07:32:08 PM

I don't have a problem with Harry Potter, but I agree that it's not Christian material and is out of place in a Christian bookstore.
but thats the point all should have a problem with harry potter. kids tying to imatate witch craft and the likes. now the homosexuall trend has hit the scene and one of harry potters charecters is gay.
i have seen a movie or two recently that meets with aproveal though!!
facing the giants, great movie even if it did come out of the baptist feild..
fly wheel, another hit out of the ball park, even if it came out of the baptist feild.
theser pictures came from a church group in albany georgia called sherwood pictures.

soon to be released is "Fire Proof", another film by sherwood films.
these movies are getting great reviews and shows the baptist's enthusiasim for
church growth. why are the oneness churches so stagnant. we used to be the jumpers and movers, seems we have been leap-frogged.

bishopnl

Quotebut thats the point all should have a problem with harry potter. kids tying to imatate witch craft and the likes. now the homosexuall trend has hit the scene and one of harry potters charecters is gay.

The only article I've read about kids turning to witchcraft b/c of Harry Potter was in the Onion, a satirical newspaper who makes up stories, including that one.
And I see a great difference between magic as a literary device and actual witchcraft--otherwise, Cinderella and Mary Poppins would be off limits too.

As for homosexuality, there are no homosexual references in either the books or movies.  I know JK Rowling has stated long after the fact that she viewed one of the primary characters as being homosexual, but there are not even allusions to that in the books.