News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

westerns and trucks anybody here into these

Started by yosemite, April 02, 2008, 03:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yosemite

i have always liked cowboy movies there is only one i dont like and i havnt even seen it and dont plan to.(bbm)  but yall have opened up a can of worms. i'll keep these movies in mind (wife is tired of westerns). this has turned out to be a good thread after all. thnx sis or mz ethyl,whoever prompted me to do this. thnx yo
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Sis

yosemite

it doesnt matter to much. i dont obsess to much about either one of them. im having fun with all the fellowship. not to mention that weather is to bad at the moment to work on trucks. i need to build a shop so i can get out of the weather. i guess i told yall i just moved to evergreen ms. havent gotten every thing organized yet.   thnx yo
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Sis

So how do you like your new place? Better than before?

yosemite

as i have said on prayer site we are going through a ruff time with my folks,but we are enjoying the new home god has blessed us with imencely.(i hate spelling and typing) my wife has planted so many flowers,bushes,thing of which i have no definition of that we are gonna have to mow 2 acres with a weed eater. asi said earlier land value here has went up and is woth more than the land we had in baldwyn. so you could say we love it but still remember who got us here,and who made it work for us. some times i wonder if it wasnt gods plan all along but why does my family continue to hate me. and im not useing harsh unment words. this is what they actually told me. after the arguement i tried to reconcile and told my dad i loved him,he looked me square in the eyes on july 1st 2007 and told me without batting an eye and said i sure dont love you and as a matter of fact i hate you. these are the last words we had face to face. you ask why is the date so important-it was only my birth day.     thnx yo

Sis

Without a long story, let's just say, you're not alone with your family hating you. Many of us, whether we talk about it or not, have some of the same problems. So we understand, totally.

yosemite

some times i still wake up and think to myself i'll walk out to dads and see what he's up to-then i remember....i sometimes think i know how paul felt with his thorn.     thnx yo

bishopnl

Another great movie that kind of has a western theme/feel to it is Treasure of the Sierra Madres with Humphrey Bogart.  That is a fantastic movie...possibly my favorite Bogie movie this side of Casablanca, although I'm partial to all the movies he did with Lauren Bacall as well.  But TotSM is a great film...it also has the classic line, "Badges?  We don't need no steenkeeng badges!!!"  :)
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

Sis

Well, I DID like that one, too.  Maybe I DO have some cowboy lovin' blood in me after all.

yosemite

guess ive stayed into spegetti westerns too much. dont know of these.          oops now some of my posts on the other page wont make since. do ya know this one? surely yall do.  tv and oneness is there really room? or should i say is it right?  ps i dont seem to have a problem with it or convicted of it although i havnt got HG either.

yosemite

any body seen 3:10 to yuma? is that a good movie? family value minded? was just gonna get some new movies to watch and saw that one and was wandering about it.  thnx yo

Sis

Q-tip

Quoteany body seen 3:10 to yuma? is that a good movie?

I thought it was a pretty good movie. 

Quotefamily value minded?

Well, it was a western and there was some killin'.,     I guess it was okay.

God Bless.

Chris.
///////////////\"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.\"///////////////

yosemite

we have just bought and watched chimunks movie,it was halrious. any body got a new movie suggestion?

Sis

yosemite

why only oldies? some new ones are as good as the oldies,just harder to find.

yosemite

summer is almost here time to drag out the old rust bucketts. gotta get started on the old truck and get it going. anybody here got an old car/truck their fixin up? some time when i get back from road i'll post some pics of the ole buckett/57 and a 60 ford pick up truck. or if you goggle me you'll find me on a site called preslicks 57-60 ford trucks and see pics there.  thnx yo

newkris

back to movies for a quick minute . . . i LOVE john wayne!  i'm not good with coming up with titles, but i have watched angel and a bad man probably 10 times . . . second to that is sons of katie elder . . .well .  . maybe i like sons of katie elder better . . . maybe not . . .maybe . . .

yeah.

cowboys was the only john wayne movie i didn't like.  the language is awful.  the story is sad. and he dies in the end.  that's awful.

love bogart, too, of course.

i think the flying movie you were talking about earlier was based on john wayne being a WWI flying ace.  it was very good, but i don't remember the name of it.

glad someone has this thread going.  i NEVER have time to watch movies, but i'm always wanting to be reminded of those worth watching.
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Sis

Quote from: yosemite on April 29, 2008, 01:04:47 AM
anybody here got an old car/truck their fixin up?

I was, but I ran out of glue, so I gave it to the Goodwill. :couch:

yosemite

ran out of glue? must have been a model car!!LOL :laughhard:   
   i like movies alot. bout all we watch is dvd and vhs movies,only news in bedroom tv which has a rabit ear antena. when they change tv signal we wont even have that.  dont really need it now.

Nerd

I'm about to start on a 1984 Cadillac Fleetwood. It needs mostly paint and body work.

yosemite

ohhh noooo!! not gonna spend money on a gm are ya?LOLOL i had a buddy that liked cadilacs. he drives a ford now!!LOL you gonna paint it elvis pink??LOL do anything to it but put those awkward 24"rims on it. i dont know why a person has to mess up a car with those. i love my trucks!! though they may never be show quality,they serve my purpose.

Nerd

Quotenot gonna spend money on a gm are ya?

Yep.  :)

Quoteyou gonna paint it elvis pink??

Nope. Gonna paint it dark blue...

Probably will put whitewalls and wire spokes on it.

yosemite

might look good as long as it aint 24" spokes!!LOL

<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZKxdm021YYUS%2526i%253D7%252F7%255F2%255F115%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

this is what it could look like!!!LOL

Sis

Soooo Yo, what was the last movie you watched?