News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

hi im yosemite from mississippi

Started by yosemite, March 06, 2008, 02:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yosemite

:pound:boy ive been looking over yall place here and i must say i like!! have been looking for an outlet or a place i can receive info on topics that line up along to my beleif yall just dont know how many dens of vipers i fell into looking for a place like this. forgive type and spelling and lack of knowledge of computer. im a 39 yr old newbie all around. i didnt know there were so many different ways to beleive and to what extreams they go. i can only go with appostolic spelling errrrrrr!!!! full bible oneness holyness! although trying to receive holyghost now have not received. i dont know what the problem is,besides me. but am trying. i try to keep radio on faith channels mind on word and go to church and have been baptised still not there. ive hit a wall!!!!!   one area i have been thinking of is demonic possesion. maybe thats it. creepy whew boy. but maybe that is where my problem is. dunno??? next plan of action is fasting and lots of prayer closet time. which i get a lot of since i am a truck driver it leaves me with a lot of alone time.  from the state of the humpback crooked letter thnx yall
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Tricia Lea

yosemite

thnx  didnt know any body would read so fast!!!!
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Babs

welcome to Godplace.

anytime you want to hear good preaching just visit our webpage on myspace.

good preaching!
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

sunlight

welcome yosemite from mississippi!

Sunlight from TX here.

i like it here too.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Called_&_chosen

Hi Happy to hear you like it here.

I am Amanda.

As I was reading your post i was just thinking that some people just take a little longer to Get the Holy Ghost than others, Don't put your self down or put yourself on a time frame as to how much time it is or should take for you to receive it. It will happen at the BEST time and that would be God's don't worry it is coming sooner than you think.... just keep praying. 
*Ashley Thomas*
"Mistakes are part of the price you pay for KNOWLEDGE"

*Bro Harold Linder*
"if God Calls You. You Will be Happy"
"Many Are Called but Few are Chosen"

*Bro Tim Green*
"You cant have a testimony without aTest"

yosemite

hi again all!!!     amanda i was looking at your dodads at botom of your post and i gotta say that is one verse that scares me many called but few chosen what if im not chosen what if it is futile in trying to get HolyGhost donno????   man i realy like this place. thnx all

Called_&_chosen

That verse is NOT referring to the Holy Ghost. 

We are all able to receive it Don't let that scare you ok, God is a Loving God.
His will is that that all come to him, that NONE shall parish but all shall have everlasting life through Him.
He is willing to give if you just ask, He is not going to demand he is a gentlemen he will not give unless you ask and you are willing to give your whole heart, soul, mind,and strength he is willing you just need to keep on praying and you to will be saturated with God and he will give you your hearts desire.

The Joy of the Lord is Your Strength. 

*Ashley Thomas*

*Bro Harold Linder*

*Bro Tim Green*

sunlight

acts 2:39- and this promise is unto you, unto your children, and to all that are afar off.

that includes me and you.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

yosemite

yall are right i guess i over read scripture sometimes. but i can see the sign of the times and know surely we havnt long and to be honest am scared to death. have been prophesied over though. was told i had a valuable ministery for god he said he didnt know what it was and probly wasnt precher but would be valuble to god. it hasnt been revealed to me and i still havnt got holyghost. the profesy gives me a little breathing room and releives me a little since i dont think god would leave me hanging when i have honestly asked for forgiveness and seek him always. the only thing i can tell is maybe he is training me for something. donno? i do know that i know more about the bible now than ever and more has been revealed to me than ever. still not good with chpt. verse! but if you get me started i can finish the qote. and prety well tell you what it means. i got bible on tape,cd,dvd. movies have went from shotem ups to biblical reinactments. and as i mentioned i got xm radio that i almost always listen to faith channels. only one secular program coast to coast am with george nory about paranormal sometimes he has rev baxter on there but mostly ghosts and aliens conspiracy program.      ( i know!!!!!) lol

JakeLeonard

Nice to have you on Godplace.....

And I couldn't help but laugh about your username, because I'm one of many who knows that Yosemite (National Park) is in earthquake-ravaged California, not hurricane-ripped Mississippi

Tsalagi

Yosemite (Sam) is also from Cali.

Do you hates flea-bearin', no-good fer nothin, varmints?  :grin:

"Ooooooo that RABBIT!"

Yosemite Sam was always one of my favorites.

I listen to coast to coast sometimes.

yosemite

term yosemite comes from yosemite sam charicter i always liked him i guess because i can relate. fussin and fuddin.!!lol   under-dog!!! as for earthquakes tornados and hurricanes i need to get shook up so i can wittness a mighty rushing wind.  have had handle yosemite longer than computers have been commonplace in homes. tipical truck driver with a non tipical handle. most handles are vulgar and should not be used aspeacially on citisen band radios where there are no moniters!!! this practice has ruined truck ind. and reputation of drivers. just a little about me!!! thnx guy yall are constantly making me feel at home.

Nerd

Welcome aboard...

I have friends that live in Mississippi.

:)

yosemite

oh u got freinds in mississippi where? i might be one too! i live a stones throw from tupelo ms a small place in evergreen ms dont look for it on map u'll blind ur self.  thnx yo

Called_&_chosen

I have a good friend who lives in Tupelo and a friend who is getting married and she will be moving to Tupelo ( well she is marring my friend who lives in Tupelo so that is why she is moving)

I know somebody else in Mississippi but don't know off had where she lives

And I know a number of people who use to be from Mississippi so yeah kool beans
*Ashley Thomas*

*Bro Harold Linder*

*Bro Tim Green*

Nerd

Quoteoh u got freinds in mississippi where? i might be one too! i live a stones throw from tupelo ms

lol

So do my friends. Right outside of Booneville.

yosemite

thats way cool so yall aint offended by my bad typing and backward talk ar ye hehe  ye hawwwww.lol i just moved here from a town just south of boonville ms called baldwyn. but had family troubles and had to move since i have been going to church my family has outed me and my dad has even went as far as to shoot at me. so i had to gather my wife and move to evergreen ms.  bt i forgive them and count it as a destaction of the devel i'llcount it as glory and not give the devel a foothold.  thnx yo

EricShane

Hi There!  :hi: If your crazy you'll fit in around here lol
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

yosemite

so i see hahahahahalol     that suits me! thnx yo

Sis

Quote from: yosemite on March 06, 2008, 02:43:26 AM
:pound:boy ive been looking over yall place here and i must say i like!! have been looking for an outlet or a place i can receive info on topics that line up along to my beleif yall just dont know how many dens of vipers i fell into looking for a place like this. forgive type and spelling and lack of knowledge of computer. im a 39 yr old newbie all around. i didnt know there were so many different ways to beleive and to what extreams they go. i can only go with appostolic spelling errrrrrr!!!! full bible oneness holyness! although trying to receive holyghost now have not received. i dont know what the problem is,besides me. but am trying. i try to keep radio on faith channels mind on word and go to church and have been baptised still not there. ive hit a wall!!!!!   one area i have been thinking of is demonic possesion. maybe thats it. creepy whew boy. but maybe that is where my problem is. dunno??? next plan of action is fasting and lots of prayer closet time. which i get a lot of since i am a truck driver it leaves me with a lot of alone time.  from the state of the humpback crooked letter thnx yall

It took me 18 months and all I can say, God drew you for a reason and he doesn't leave anything unfinished. He promised the Holy Ghost to anyone who wants it and you WILL get it because he said so.

Please don't get frustrated. I did so many times, and others kept asking what was wrong. *Shrug* I DID get it. I prayed for help over the threshold into His Spirit and he did it........... finally.

You're probably not possessed. If you were, you would have a fight on your hands when you got baptised.

Most of the time, it's just because we've been through a lot and sometimes when we have, we're afraid to trust. Just trust that God promised it and he will always deliver. His time isn't ours, so what may have been ten minutes to him was 18 months to me.

I know one guy who was praying over his breakfast cereal and got the Holy Ghost and forgot to eat. He said that he KNEW Wheaties really WAS the breakfast of champions. Hee hee.

Relax, and try to keep your mind off "getting it" and just get into God. But I know how hard that is. When you want it so bad, and aren't getting it, it is on your mind.

Babs

yeah what she said.

so many get discouraged because they focus only on getting the Holy Ghost, and forget that having a relationship with Him is the most important thing. just sit back and spend time reading his word, and talking to him and doing what you know is right. things will happen just when they are supposed to.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

yosemite

yall gonna laugh and might explain why aint got it yet but i was baptised in a horse troft---LOL but in pics after baptism my feet floated out of water. when head went in feet came out. several issues have pressed on me the reason i think of possession when there is a powerfull preacher and he gives alter call there is an anger that builds up in me i feel my face go red hot and i just gotta get outside. i dont know where this comes from i know i should go to the alter but am affraid i will expload before i get there so i opt for outside. the first thing that pops into mind is go get a ciggerette thatll calm u down. i know what ishould do but have trouble putting feet to pavement. thnx hope i havnt went too farr left feild for yall.  yo

yosemite

must have went too far left feild!LOL :frustrated:

Melody

I was baptized in a horse trough, they're more common than ya think.  Your feet were in the water to begin with -so you're good brother.   :thumbsup2:

Next time Yosemite, run up to the alter and throw yourself down.   Seriously.