News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

shampoo/conditioner

Started by zizi90, May 08, 2007, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

Quote from: Legendary_roxy_girL on July 14, 2008, 08:29:39 PM
herbal Essence
Hydration, Coconut Milk

That smells good!

Sometimes, I use Pantene Classic Clean, Matrix Amplify and Herbal Essence Body Envy shampoos and conditioners (I rotate all of those on different days).

For styling, I use Garnier Fructis Pure hairspray.

EricShane

Quote from: ladyshep on May 22, 2007, 05:22:09 PM
Main N tail, but I am beginning not to like it right now because my hair is getting real oily from it.  I have really thick hair that is down goes down my butt, the main n tail lathers it up really well, but then a day later it is so oily.
all the girls up here use Mane N Tail... it makes your hair GROOOOW....

- I however, Use Infusium 23
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

alohilani

I don't use mane and tail, and I'm up here! ;) :P

I switch, so whatever I used when I posted here last time probably isn't the same one I'm using now. I hate what I've got - it's something organic and expensive, but it doesn't smell nice and doesn't give me shiny, pretty hair. :smirk2:

EricShane

Quote from: alohilani on July 15, 2008, 04:23:25 AM
I don't use mane and tail, and I'm up here! ;) :P

I switch, so whatever I used when I posted here last time probably isn't the same one I'm using now. I hate what I've got - it's something organic and expensive, but it doesn't smell nice and doesn't give me shiny, pretty hair. :smirk2:
lol, Technicly, I mean up here, your up there... :p but your still here...
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Ashlee

I like to use a combination. 

For two weeks I will use Mane N Tail, then for two weeks I will use Infusium.  Mane N Tail makes my hair grow, but leaves it dry.  Infusium 23 (R)epair brings the health back into my hair and then I can let it grow again.  When I'm running short on cash, I get the...um I think it's Vo5 silky kind.  it's in a tall clear bottle and it's light purple.  If it's not Vo5, then it's Suave.

Mrs. Yosemite

I was using Main N Tail, but I got to noticing a 'gunk' ring building up in my tub. I dont know if it was me or the conditioner. haha

I have very long, thick, greasy on top, really dry on the ends, split, damage from years of bleach, hair that tangles and knots with every move.  It has gotten so long, that if I wear my hair down, it just gets matted.  When I wash my hair, If I dont use a type of Smooth and Sleek conditioner, there is absolutely NO way on earth that I will get it combed or smoothed out. 

I have been using sleek and smooth pantene. But sometimes the stuff is so expensive that I have to get the suave smooth and sleek sometimes. It works as good, but have to use alot more of it to get the same result. 

The absolute BEST thing I have used on my hair,
Is this little blue tube of Nice & Easy conditioning gloss you can buy at walmart now. You can buy it separate now without buying the hair color kit.   But I only use it when I have something special to go to because that little tube is expensive.

EricShane

Quote from: Mrs. Yosemite on July 18, 2008, 02:51:11 PM
I was using Main N Tail, but I got to noticing a 'gunk' ring building up in my tub. I dont know if it was me or the conditioner. haha

I have very long, thick, greasy on top, really dry on the ends, split, damage from years of bleach, hair that tangles and knots with every move.  It has gotten so long, that if I wear my hair down, it just gets matted.  When I wash my hair, If I dont use a type of Smooth and Sleek conditioner, there is absolutely NO way on earth that I will get it combed or smoothed out. 

I have been using sleek and smooth pantene. But sometimes the stuff is so expensive that I have to get the suave smooth and sleek sometimes. It works as good, but have to use alot more of it to get the same result. 

The absolute BEST thing I have used on my hair,
Is this little blue tube of Nice & Easy conditioning gloss you can buy at walmart now. You can buy it separate now without buying the hair color kit.   But I only use it when I have something special to go to because that little tube is expensive.
i know what would be perfect for you, and you would love it... Avon makes it, if you can find someone that sells avon its called 'Dry Ends Serum' - its like 3 dollars or something, and go ahead and get the 'extra strength' also... Its really good.... you'll not have any more split ends, and it will feel like your hair has come back to life...

myhaloisintheshop

Another thing you will love is Aussie dual personality shampoo and conditioner.

Cleanse and Mend--its for greasy roots and dry ends--AWESOME stuff!

chelleebelle

I had been using the fructis length and strength, but now I am using Finesse (it's a few dollars cheaper :) ).  It really helps to keep the tangles out of my hair.  

Mrs. Yosemite

I have tried the dry ends serum from Avon. Its okay I guess, it just feels like silicone on my fingers, but I have a WHOLE LOT of hair, so I would have to use it in big gobbs. haha I do like the "feelin fresh" roll on deodorant from Avon.

This is really really gross, but somebody told me about SOMETHING you can buy at a beauty supply store in a plastic capsule you could use on you hair that had small amounts of 'afterbirth' from animals. And claimed that did wonders for your hair.   I cant remember what it was, but...  YUCK.

I think is it called Hask Henna 'n' Placenta Hair Mask. Has anybody used this stuff?

Also on other conditioners you buy, I look to see if it contains Oriteun or Hydrolyzed collagen, which are some names they sneak it in under. They think many consumers dont have any idea what this stuff is.  Epinephrine is also another thing that I have found on labels which is a hormone from the adrenal glands of hogs, cattle, and sheep .   Have a nice shower!  hahaha  YUCK!!

MelodyB

If it doesnt specify that it is Bovine (cow) Collagen, or some other type of animal, then it could be collagen form aborted fetuses.

*shudder*

I have been checking my shampoo since 1994 when I found that out. 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Mrs. Yosemite

HAHA! I guess I killed this thread, It was going great till I mentioned that, now nobody post anything except me and Melody.  :laughhard: :laughhard:

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on July 20, 2008, 01:44:05 PM
If it doesnt specify that it is Bovine (cow) Collagen, or some other type of animal, then it could be collagen form aborted fetuses.

*shudder*

I have been checking my shampoo since 1994 when I found that out. 

When I first read that, I thought it said 1944!  :o

:laughhard:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

okieoliveoyl

at the current moment i'm using Herbal Essence Love it Long .. (red bottle)  seems to be doing ok....

but i switch every time i run out of shampoo/conditioner..
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

sunlight

I switch every time i wash my hair. I have 4 or so different ones in there that i use whenever it strikes my fancy to do so... :grin: I usually decide by what i want to smell like... :lol: seriously!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mesipie

i love the new herbal essence ones
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

alohilani

I got Organix this time. Pomegranate and green tea, I think. It smells great, but I don't know yet how it works. It's in the red circle bottle.

iridiscente

Quote from: Legendary_roxy_girL on July 14, 2008, 08:29:39 PM
herbal Essence
Hydration, Coconut Milk

Or Infusium 23 Frizzology
and the Frizzology leave in conditioner

some hair care product, Advance Techniques Styling gel, Perfectly Smooth Flat Iron Lotion. It's great to put in damp hair, and let air dry. Then style after, the hair smells great.
When dry, Tresemme Smooth No Frizz Ultra Light Shine Spray. Great to get the shine and nice and soft hair!
I need to remember this...

tj25

I've been using Pert Plus but I also like Panteen for dry hair.
Eternity is too long to be wrong!

mesipie

teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeej!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

long time no seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

EricShane

Chseeads

Oh my gosh....the old possum lady actually posted.......

upcchris

I don't remember what the product is called, but it has no sodium laureth sulfate or sulfides or harmful stuff like that in it, it's all natural, cheap, environmentally friendly and works a treat :grin:
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

newkris

i use a blonde shampoo and conditioner and it's made my hair wonderfully nice.  i also use a lemon juice rinse about once a month. 

the lemon juice strips off the old conditioner or shampoo and makes it shiney and silky.  i don't have much hair so i have to work at it to make it nice.  it's something i learned from my grandma.  she was a brunette so she used vinegar for the same result. 

i also like big sexy hair mousse and spray.  generally not too heavy, but it gives it some body and keeps me from looking bald.   that's important at my age.  . . :pwink:
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.