News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

shampoo/conditioner

Started by zizi90, May 08, 2007, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zizi90

What does everyone use for shampoo/conditioner?

I use Pantene ProV, and sometimes Head & Shoulders in the winter when my scalp gets too dry, and sometimes in the summer cause it smells SO good.

I tried going natural with my shampoos, but my hair never looks half as good when I do that. I used Aveda etc...never worked.
www.PaulinaCarmel.com ~Modest Clothing~
www.PaulinaCarmel.Blogspot.com ~Mod Fashion Blog

myhaloisintheshop

I just now found a good combo for my hair....

I use this shampoo--it is SUPER cheap but does a GREAT job

And this conditioner (which is AWESOME!)  (its the only pic I could find....but it is the Infusium 23 (moistur)ologie

AmberMarie

right now, I use dove. It does really well on my hair.

Sister_Mom

I've also just recently started using the Infusium Moisturologie, love it!  :thumbsup2:

I have dry frizzy hair that has a slight natural curl to it. It's great to be able to just let it dry or scrunch while blow drying and not have to use products that leave my hair looking wet and stiff (I usually just use a leave-in conditioner when I blow-dry my hair) and get a decent curl. But I would rather have the smooth soft texture of straight hair and keep my curls (yeah, I want my cake and eat it too  :grin: ) Living in Florida with an average humidity of 90% doesn't help, so I'm always trying to find products that are heavy in moisturizers. :roll:

I have tried expensive Paul Mitchell products (one conditioner I tried was a small bottle and cost over $20 at WalMart), I've tried the semi-expensive Sammy products and was very happy with them (all of the Sammy products smell good to me), but right now I've been just as happy with the Infusium (I use the Moisturologie shampoo and conditioner).  :great:

I'll have to see if I can find the Suave sleek and try that.  :grin:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

myhaloisintheshop

my hair isn't as picky about shampoo as it is conditioner.

So I spend $3.50 on a huge bottle of the sleek stuff and then $9 on the huge bottle of the infusium

I do like Dove....but after a while it leaves my hair feeling funny

Raecheal

I change it up every month or so.

randerzforya

I use Tresemme Deep Moisturizing Shampoo and Garnier Fructis Length and Strength Conditioner. It's made my hair so soft and shiny without making it too silky to do anything with! I love it!

terp

Quote from: zizi90 on May 08, 2007, 01:45:09 PM
I tried going natural with my shampoos, but my hair never looks half as good when I do that. I used Aveda etc...never worked.

Sad...I hate to hear that Aveda doesn't work on people.   :(

I've used Aveda for a couple of years now and it has been a miracle worker.  Without prattling on and sounding like a TV (er...radio) commercial, I'll just say that Aveda is a life saver.  Smile.  
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

Bliss

I use L'Oreal volumizing shampoo/conditioner for fine hair. I have medium thick hair, but the texture is fine. So far, this seems to work best for my hair. I can't use deep moisturizing conditioner because it really weighs my hair down.

For styling, I use a small amount of ThermaSilk volumizing gel and finish with Garnier Fructis Purefix hair spray.

alohilani

Right now I'm using an olive oil shampoo and conditioner from design line. It worked beautifully on my hair when I began using it, but now it's making the top of my hair seem oily, while the ends are on the dry side. As soon as this bottle is out, I'm switching to something else. ;)

zizi90

Quote from: terp on May 08, 2007, 03:06:26 PM
Quote from: zizi90 on May 08, 2007, 01:45:09 PM

Sad...I hate to hear that Aveda doesn't work on people.   :(

I've used Aveda for a couple of years now and it has been a miracle worker.  Without prattling on and sounding like a TV (er...radio) commercial, I'll just say that Aveda is a life saver.  Smile. 

I wish I could use it...I love the way it smells. Last time I used it it left my hair really dry and yucky feeling...but it's been a while, so I might try it again. I use some of Aveda's other products, like the light elements smoothing fluid (it's a lifesaver in the winter!).
www.PaulinaCarmel.com ~Modest Clothing~
www.PaulinaCarmel.Blogspot.com ~Mod Fashion Blog

Arctic Rose

I use the Green Bottle of SunSilk for Curly hair. It is awesome and when that doesn't work, I use Frizz Ease shampoo and conditioner for Curly hair.. With the Frizz Ease Shampoo and Conditioner, Frizz Ease Leave in Oil stuff.  With the SunSilk I use the 24/7 cream that goes with it. I also at times use VO5 leave in stuff for Frizz or Curly hair.   I have natural curly, Frizzy hair....

ClaudeaA

I am not Spoiled.... Just well Loved!

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Arctic Rose on May 10, 2007, 06:19:47 AM
I use the Green Bottle of SunSilk for Curly hair. It is awesome and when that doesn't work, I use Frizz Ease shampoo and conditioner for Curly hair.. With the Frizz Ease Shampoo and Conditioner, Frizz Ease Leave in Oil stuff.  With the SunSilk I use the 24/7 cream that goes with it. I also at times use VO5 leave in stuff for Frizz or Curly hair.   I have natural curly, Frizzy hair....

ClaudeaA

My hair is the same texture as yours, but from what I've seen of pics yours is more curly than mine. I love the Frizz Ease products also.  :thumbsup2:
I've never seen SunSilk. Anyone know where we can buy that stateside?
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

randerzforya

Quote from: Sister_Mom on May 10, 2007, 01:59:38 PM

Wal*Mart, Wal-Greens, Target, K-Mart, etc.  ;)

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MirandaLynn on May 10, 2007, 02:10:19 PM
Quote from: Sister_Mom on May 10, 2007, 01:59:38 PM

Wal*Mart, Wal-Greens, Target, K-Mart, etc.  ;)

Really? Maybe I just haven't been looking. I'll have to do this  :o next time I go in.  :biglaugh:

randerzforya

Mmhmm, there are about 89758734 different colors for all the different kinds. It gets very distracting trying to find your shampoo and seeing all those neon colors... :biglaugh:

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MirandaLynn on May 10, 2007, 02:22:32 PM
Mmhmm, there are about 89758734 different colors for all the different kinds. It gets very distracting trying to find your shampoo and seeing all those neon colors... :biglaugh:

Thanks girl! That gives me a great excuse for missing it.  :laughhard:

randerzforya

Hehe..glad I could help.  :laughhard:

rapunzelgirl

Right now I'm using Biosilk shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in.  I love it.  Sometimes, if I'm in a hurry, I can just use the shampoo, and my hair still has that nourished feel, even without conditioner.  It's sort of pricey, especially the leave-in ($30 for a big bottle), but a bottle of leave-in lasts a long time.

I'll also switch up sometimes and use Biolage (whatever the purple color is...ultramoisture, I think) or Fructis long and strong.

Heather

i use garnier anti itch shampoo and length and strength conditioner. i break out in psoriasis on my scalp from time to time and the anti-itch keeps the ithchy bearable.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Arctic Rose on May 10, 2007, 06:19:47 AM

ClaudeaA

I tried the green bottle of SunSilk.... it's making my hair more frizzy than ever. I even bought the cream. The cream does help, but it makes my hair feel more weighed down. That why I like the Frizz Ease leave-in spray conditioner, it leaves my hair feeling more natural.

I've also used that Biosilk leave-in. If I use it for too long, it makes my hair oily. If I only use it once a week, it does great. :thumbsup2: And yes it does last a long time, I've had my bottle now for about a year.

alohilani

I'm using this set now:

It's 'Back to Basics Get Curly' shampoo and conditioner. So far I like it - my hair is silky but not oily, it's cut down on the frizz and defined my curls, and it smells simple and clean.

I got mine at a drugstore going out of business for a few dollars, but I think you can get it online or in salons?

shep252

Main N tail, but I am beginning not to like it right now because my hair is getting real oily from it.  I have really thick hair that is down goes down my butt, the main n tail lathers it up really well, but then a day later it is so oily.

warmbee

for shampoo I use Chargrin Valley handmade shampoo bars, right now I'm using thier Herb Garden bar, and although technically you don't need a conditioner with the shampoo bars, I use Jason Jojoba Conditioner. My hair is doing so great!!! I hardly have splits and it is nice and shiny :grin: ... I also rinse my hair with diluted apple cider vinager, I tend to get dandruff and the stuff helps :thumbsup2:

Legendary_roxy_girL

herbal Essence
Hydration, Coconut Milk

Or Infusium 23 Frizzology
and the Frizzology leave in conditioner

some hair care product, Advance Techniques Styling gel, Perfectly Smooth Flat Iron Lotion. It's great to put in damp hair, and let air dry. Then style after, the hair smells great.
When dry, Tresemme Smooth No Frizz Ultra Light Shine Spray. Great to get the shine and nice and soft hair!
KayV Blog" style="border:0

<!-- SpringWidgets | RSS Reader (#23) | HTML | Generated on 07/21/2008 --><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="336" width="400" id="springwidgets_23" align="middle" data=