News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

No snow here. Yet.

In local news, a work ethic can be a real pain. Especially when there is an event you want to participate in that you can't because you're on the clock. >.>
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In tech news, a friend has a laptop with a touch screen, and said touch screen is on the fritz. Can't even log in because the touch screen keeps registering phantom touches all over the place. If you could log in you could disable the touch screen driver, but you can't get anywhere because the touch screen keeps clicking everywhere.

Weird solution: Wipe the screen down with a wet soapy rag. It completes the circuit (and does NOT electrocute you, by the way) and you can log in and disable the driver before it dries.

Moral of the story: Friends have weird computer problems and google is an ever present help in time of trouble.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I do not like touch screens.  Here lately, I must admit not knowing if I like computers. Sadly, they are now a necessity in nearly any type of work setting.
 Morning, all. Back at work, can't hear anything out of my stopped up left ear, it's cold, and I'm, as usual, in a less than sterling mood this morning. And it appears I have a metric ton of things to do and people to see. Lord help me.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Short work week, by myself last half of the week, then a week off work!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Bah. :pound:
Thank god for the short week, but no week off for me. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

My dear friend went on to be with Jesus yesterday afternoon. It was a rough day.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

We got snow!  It sure does make the landscape that much prettier. Poor hubby has to deliver mail in it tho.. so I keep my enjoyment to a minimum around him.

Eating Chinese food. I could literally live off of Yamato (Japanese) and Panda Express (Chinese). I love it.

We went to test drive vehicles yesterday since Jeremy's truck has reached the point of no return. Hopefully we can make the purchase this month. Jeremy's next day off is unknown at this time, and the next day he probably has time to go after work before the dealership closes.. He will be hopped up on meds I think after a crown. I assume they give you meds for that.. I'm not sure, haha. It will be AMAZING not having to share this car anymore and be able to leave MY workplace at a decent time.

MJJ - I'm so sorry for you and your friends family's loss. :( It's always so rough losing someone you care about, no matter how much time you've had to deal with the idea.

Heather

I'm so sorry jenn.

Worked last night until 8. Today 5 am to 2 pm and have to be back at work at 1130 pm for inventory. Just got home from a lunch date, hoping to catch a nap before prayer at church this evening. Then I'll hit Dunkin to caffeniate for tonight. I'm off tomorrow and the 1st person to wake me up will need to make an appointment with the funeral home.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Sorry, jenn. Nelle, keep the snow your way. I have no desire for it.

And heather if it weren't for caffeine,  I doubt I could exist. Lol.

This is not the best week for me. Tons to do, court tomorrow,  interview  Thursday for the supervisor position....and I am sick as a dog. Actually took 3 hours off this afternoon,  came home at 130 and drank nyquil, putting myself to sleep for the afternoon.  Lou just woke me up for dinner.

Lynx

At least your wife is making sure you catch the important part of the day, dinner.

I'm not TOTALLY locked into my routine... twice a year I take a break to change the batteries in my smoke detector.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

We are getting more snow. :) Like... 6-9 inches. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Can you tell I'm excited? LOL.. I'm possibly having a snow day tomorrow. WOOHOO!!

We are going Friday to purchase the car I believe. That'll be anxiety-ridden but necessary stuff.

I believe we have also decided on going to Thanksgiving in Arkansas. I'm not sure yet if we are driving separately so that Jeremy can drive back and I can drive back later... or if Mom is going to bring me back.

Roscoe

For years, I thought the worse smelling "food" was sardines. I stand corrected. A coworker has cooked some kind of ungodly concoction involving Brussels sprouts. The whole office smells like rotted shrimp and dead feet. Not what I needed on a day that I am already queasy..

Nelle

:-\  That sounds awful. Coworker cooked cauliflower or something one time. Everytime I opened the fridge, I almost threw up. I love cauliflower pizza and stuff.. but I think she just boiled actual cauliflower and ate it. It was nasty smelling.

I'm eating a salad. I haven't had one in a week.. but I'm finally trying to get back into my groove haha. I've been on the "winter is here" diet.. where I want everything to be warm and comforting, haha. So I'm going to thaw out the last container of the vegetarian chili (SOOOO good.. we add meat often tho) to eat the next few days. I LOVE CHILI.

MsJennJenn

Cannot focus at all. I'm so so tired. Appetite is wonky. I've done almost nothing this week.

Gotta get thru singing Blessed Assurance w/out crying tomorrow.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

Lynx

Lotta folks feeling sick lately...

*Lynx moves upwind just in case.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's 29* right now and supposed to right at 70* tomorrow. That's enough to confuse your body into being sick. :o

Roscoe

:stupid:
Yes. It is. TOTS, Prayers appreciated today. Interview for promotion at 1115. I'm reasonably sure I am outclassed, but will give it my best shot anyway. Lou and I prayed about it before we left for work this morning, God's will be done. It'd be a nice recognition, change of pace, and maybe a pay raise which would be appreciated. But if He says no, or not now, I'm in a good place and won't collapse.
One of my competitors has already said if she doesn't get it, she is transferring and leaving our office. She was also miffed that I am competing with her for it. I don't understand that- I encouraged two of my strongest competitors  including the one I feel will be my strongest competition, to apply. My way of seeing it is, the more GOOD people apply, the more likely I will get a boss that is a good person, not a slug, if I am not chosen.  And competition is healthy.

Heather

Brandon got a call this morning about an interview this afternoon. Assistant manager at O'Reilly's. As soon seems to be winding up (by force, not choice), Brandon is looking a career and if they pay assistants as much as AZ does, we will be fairly well set given our recent issues. He cant move up at AZ because I'm at the store that promotes through and we cant work together. I cant leave because my store is the only one with my department.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: sunlight on November 15, 2018, 12:37:11 AMYou can do it Jenn. That's so hard.

I made it thru w/out crying this morning at the funeral.
Getting a little teary-eyed now at home by myself though.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

sunlight

Heather

Can we talk about Chel marrying my former neighbor now?

The Purple Fuzzy