News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

live chat

Started by Soubriquet, November 04, 2007, 08:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soubriquet

but you can change your name once you get into the room...  there is a small box in the lower right corner.  of course, everybody will see you log in and change your name, so it's still not stealthy.  :)       nobody can hide in the chat
the web guy (the one who's usually at fault when it doesn't work)

Sis

Sounds like big brother! LOL

Did ya know that there's a gp after our names when we link from here?

I like the link. I have't been in chats for years, but it was kinda nice again.

MelodyB

I agree...it was kinda neat to see that again...made me miss the days of the old grey room where I would stay up all night just to make it to the top of the list, then I would be satisfied and log off. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Soubriquet

yeah, the  _gp is to signify that the person is coming from the godplace forum.  :)

the chat's been around... just moved to different names over the past few years.  the-escape.org, then apostolicchat.com for the past few.
the web guy (the one who's usually at fault when it doesn't work)

Sis

The link from here is really convenient. Thanx Jerry! Or B or whoever made it.

Kyle

I rather personally enjoy watching people log on and log off.  Cause then I make a note of  the incoming IP addresses and nicks associated with it, so I always know who is who.  ;)
Stupidity is a global epidemic.

MelodyB

My IP changes from wether I am at work or at home. And sometimes I am at my Brothers house. GP is addictive. :hypocrite:

Just_in

well i cant see it all i see is the white box with the red x.

~You will never save the world by being like the world~

Sis

Quote from: Hat on November 06, 2007, 02:42:26 PM
I rather personally enjoy watching people log on and log off.  Cause then I make a note of  the incoming IP addresses and nicks associated with it, so I always know who is who.  ;)

OOOOOHHHH! A spy!

Mel, if you have dial-up your IP will change anyway. The only ones that stay the same are the DSL connections because they're basically always on whether your computer is or not.

MelodyB

Nope, I dont dial up...I have wireless built into my laptop, and I use the neighbors signal. Everywhere I go there seems to always be a signal...not always a great one, but I normally have one. Except when it is storming outside.

Kyle

Quote from: MelodyB on November 06, 2007, 02:47:27 PM
My IP changes from wether I am at work or at home. And sometimes I am at my Brothers house. GP is addictive. :hypocrite:

Doesn't matter lol.  I can still keep track of what connections are attached to what nicks, no matter how many different computers you log in through or sites.  So your not safe at all :)

Sis

He knows his spy work. LOL   :laughhard:

B

Still using that script, Kyle? It had some bugs. I should fix it. :up2:

B

Sis

Kyle

Yep I'm still using that script, but if your bug fix includes nerfing it, no thanks lol

B

Nerfing? :think:

The main bug I remember had something to do with the ini file.

B

Kyle

Oh yeah, I remember something about that bug.

B

sunlight

Nerfing- It's something only a beanie can do... Its the act of hovering over someones head in a way that is slightly annoying and tilting to one side because of the pressures of the head forcing hair up and out of the sides of the beanie... The bad thing about nerfing is that there is a tendency to get stretched out because of the big head syndrome... REG. (can you tell i totally made that up? I felt like i was writing another nursing paper there for a second! haha. no coorelation... that i am admitting to!)

BTW... why are you complaining beanie? you are in the chat room as much as I am at the moment!
~ Chel
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Quote from: Hat on November 06, 2007, 04:58:03 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on November 06, 2007, 02:47:27 PM

Doesn't matter lol.  I can still keep track of what connections are attached to what nicks, no matter how many different computers you log in through or sites.  So your not safe at all :)

Gee thanks. :roll:

Sis

I thought it was throwing a spongie ball at B!   :laughhard:

sunlight

lol! that sounds good too!
* sunlight nerfs B

Kyle

Quote from: sunlight on November 06, 2007, 11:06:08 PM
Nerfing- It's something only a beanie can do... Its the act of hovering over someones head in a way that is slightly annoying and tilting to one side because of the pressures of the head forcing hair up and out of the sides of the beanie... The bad thing about nerfing is that there is a tendency to get stretched out because of the big head syndrome... REG. (can you tell i totally made that up? I felt like i was writing another nursing paper there for a second! haha. no coorelation... that i am admitting to!)

BTW... why are you complaining beanie? you are in the chat room as much as I am at the moment!
~ Chel

Jill, when have you not known me to complain about something lol.  If I'm not complaining, something is wrong lol.  I'm in the chat room when I can be, but real life has me at the moment.  I graduate college in June and I'm leaving for a trip next week out of state.  Going to be in the Washington state area.  I was in there last night for a bit, saw two or three new people, but I didn't see any "GP" attached to their names.

Oh and you guys got the definition of nerfing wrong, but I'm in class so I'll explain the real meaning of it later lol.

sunlight

Edited because i didnt mean it the way it came out. Sorry beanie

i understand, Real life has me at the moment too.  it's grueling and stressful... I cant wait to be out of this rat-race.
~ Chel

Kyle

I don't have a bad reputation Jill.