News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

In the error department, it shows me I have alerts but won't let me see what they are.

SippinTea

It's apparently got errors all over the place, 'cause it won't let me view my own profile.  :pound:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Ashlee

I've STILL got "once a day" stuck in my head. lol 

I'm still not feeling well, but I'm up and moving better than before.  Can't get ahold of the woman who we need to talk to about moving out of the house.  Her phone is disconnected.  And if they don't pay their light bill soon the electricity will be cut off too.  Thankfully the bill is not in my name, but the bill stays with the house regardless, so we may end up stuck with it.  ugh.  At least its only 500+ now instead of 1500+ like it was a couple of months ago. 

We are still getting the run around from his unit in California.  I'm not sure what to do at this point.  We need God to step in, but I've learned that he does things in His time and not mine.  So...it will probably be at a last minute I'm pulling my hair out and sobbing kinda thing.  smh.  I guess I'm still working on patience and trust. 

It's raining now.  I hope that helps it cool down some.  It's 86 degrees here.  lol It stays that way all year pretty much tho, so no surprise. 

That's about it for my crazy life.  See you guys later. 

iridiscente

Quote from: Roscoe on November 16, 2017, 02:28:21 PMTotally needing to be in a tropical location with nothing to do but sit on a beach for a while. Of course, the way things are right now for me, some one would kick sand in my face, spill a drink all over me, and impale me on the umbrella, all while trying to avoid the hurricane bearing down on the island.

Ever feel like that cartoon character with a cloud over his head? Yeah. That's me. :lol:

There are beaches here with bioluminescent waters at night. You should visit!

Roscoe

Quote from: iridiscente on November 17, 2017, 01:20:54 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on November 16, 2017, 02:28:21 PMTotally needing to be in a tropical location with nothing to do but sit on a beach for a while. Of course, the way things are right now for me, some one would kick sand in my face, spill a drink all over me, and impale me on the umbrella, all while trying to avoid the hurricane bearing down on the island.

Ever feel like that cartoon character with a cloud over his head? Yeah. That's me. :lol:

There are beaches here with bioluminescent waters at night. You should visit!
I've never set foot out of the US. I'd be scared that they wouldn't let me back in..lol
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 17, 2017, 04:50:01 PM:hi: Anyone here??
Yup, I'm here.

I'm going to be there though. Next week I'm gonna go over and visit Mom for a week. Gonna bring a turkey big enough for everybody and everything (Mom has multiple cats) to get as much turkey as they can eat.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Ashlee

I'm here!  Finally heard back from a man in my husbands unit who is handling his stuff.  He is on leave until Monday, so hopefully we find something out then. 

In the meantime, I'm working on a nontraditional Thanksgiving menu.  It'll just be me and my husband, and we don't really like turkey, and I'm having a hard time finding a lot of the usual stuff here.  I'm thinking mac salad like zippy's restaurant does it, cornbread dressing, asparagus wrapped in bacon and brown sugar, and a rotisserie chicken if I can figure out how to use mine.  Not exactly healthy, but I guess thanksgiving isn't usually healthy anyway. lol  Oh, and I'm having a sweet potato casserole.  All for me!

MelodyB

You can do a "just like" rotisserie chicken in your crock pot.

I'm in a hurry so I'll post about it later. I do it all the time..its yummy.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Well. Mixed emotions today. Dude called two days ago about buying the Corvette. I told him everything. He loved it. Sent me pics of a cashiers check for it, agreed to come down today to get it. I was not overjoyed, because I really wasn't crazy about selling it, but I figured, well, I'll pay debts off and put us in a better place. So I resign myself to it, and actually hype myself up about paying stuff off.
He shows up. He loves the car and wants it. BUT- his wife who is with him obviously doesn't. Despite my telling him it was 21 years old, not new, and a nice driver with some paint blemishes, thus being sold for $6500 instead of $9 to $10k , she picks it apart. He finally apologized and told me that if it were just him, he'd have bought it on the spot, but she was obviously not going to go with it, so he couldn't buy it. You could tell he wanted it too. He told me that he thought the car was worth the $8k I had initially asked months ago, after she had gotten back in their vehicle....
 Long story short, I still have my Corvette. Sadly, I also still have my bills.

Heather

I get all the errors previously mentioned.

I'm sick. I'm 2 days in on antibiotics and other meds for a respitory infection. I'm forbidden to be in physical contact with my immediate family until thanksgiving.

8 days til moving. Also going tomorrow to start helping my best friend pack to move. They were renting a house off a family from church. Said family were taking their rent money to live on and now the house is in foreclosure and up for auction in 2 weeks. Pastor is M.A.D. at the family.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

So I got the turkey and I can't figure out if I did something really good or somewhat inconvenient.

Our workplace gives us a voucher for a turkey at the local grocery store. I asked Mom if she wanted a small or large turkey and she did say she wanted a large one... I found one that was 39 pounds. I was hoping for a flat 40, mostly for OCD reasons, but I settled for 39.

I told Mom how much it weighed and she expressed shock. Then she posted it on her facebook and her friends expressed shock. I thought that was fairly normal for a turkey (but then I've never cooked a turkey,) but apparently it is very large. Mom says her Reynolds (tm) turkey bags only go up to 24 pound turkeys. One of her friends mentioned she cannot find even a 20 pound turkey these days.

I dunno, Mom says it's a good thing but I still hope I'm not causing a lot of inconvenience. Mom is the one who will be cooking this bird. I had no idea that was such an outrageous size for a turkey.

Maybe we can cut it up in chunks to marinate and bake it. I'll check if Mom has a skill saw.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

You better start thawing that turkey now, it'll take a while in the refrigerator.

Roscoe

Dear Lord. Nearly 40 lbs?? You got  Turk-zilla.....
 And sorry you are sick, Heather. We've had our fill of that mess this year already..

Ashlee

It is HOT here people.  We have the absolute smallest ceiling fan that I've ever seen in my entire life!  Needless to say it doesn't do much in ways of cooling down the front.  Especially when I am cooking.  lol.  Hope everybody is having a good afternoon!

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 18, 2017, 11:52:42 PMYou better start thawing that turkey now, it'll take a while in the refrigerator.
Yeah, Mom said put it in the fridge now so it can start to think about someday beginning to commence thawing...
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on November 19, 2017, 12:56:50 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 18, 2017, 11:52:42 PMYou better start thawing that turkey now, it'll take a while in the refrigerator.
Yeah, Mom said put it in the fridge now so it can start to think about someday beginning to commence thawing...
You can put in a sink with cool water & keep changing water to thaw quicker if needed when it gets closer to cooking time.

Heather

I've been a functioning human today. Like I've said, there ain't nothing like a Holy Ghost filled service to help with sinus junk. Dress with pockets do well too because you can keep clean tissues in one pocket and boogie ones in the other.

Also, I bought Christmas cards. Who wants one? All y'alls addresses have either changed or they are packed in a box somewhere.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I haven't even thought about Christmas cards. We don't do real good about mailing Christmas cards. For some reason we never remember to mail them off if we DO fill them out, and I find them the next Christmas..
Today was a cool day, and I did nothing constructive until church time, when I got shanghaied into teaching the sunday school lesson due to the normal teacher being sick.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on November 19, 2017, 12:01:38 AMDear Lord. Nearly 40 lbs?? You got  Turk-zilla.....

haha turk-zilla.

and yes 40lbs is HUGE. lol the average ones at the store are 15ish pounds.
the one mom bought was 14.4lbs. it'll feed us 3 and the family mom invited over for dinner (4). So 7 people. lol

Yours would feed a crowd!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Quote from: Lynx on November 18, 2017, 11:44:59 PMSo I got the turkey and I can't figure out if I did something really good or somewhat inconvenient.

Our workplace gives us a voucher for a turkey at the local grocery store. I asked Mom if she wanted a small or large turkey and she did say she wanted a large one... I found one that was 39 pounds. I was hoping for a flat 40, mostly for OCD reasons, but I settled for 39.

I told Mom how much it weighed and she expressed shock. Then she posted it on her facebook and her friends expressed shock. I thought that was fairly normal for a turkey (but then I've never cooked a turkey,) but apparently it is very large. Mom says her Reynolds (tm) turkey bags only go up to 24 pound turkeys. One of her friends mentioned she cannot find even a 20 pound turkey these days.

I dunno, Mom says it's a good thing but I still hope I'm not causing a lot of inconvenience. Mom is the one who will be cooking this bird. I had no idea that was such an outrageous size for a turkey.

Maybe we can cut it up in chunks to marinate and bake it. I'll check if Mom has a skill saw.

I had to share that with a few people.  I didnt know they even sold turkeys that big.

Kudos for giving me a laugh today.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Urgh. One day closer to the long weekend. Ready to kill my wife. Bless her heart she's invited folks out for the evening again. I'm really wishing I had a cabin in the mountains to run to. I want peace and quiet and she wants everyone over screaming and yelling.....

SippinTea

Putting up the tree tomorrow morning. Chris doesn't know that yet. :D It's about the only time when everyone will be home, though, so we don't really have options unless we want to leave someone out.

Baked molasses cookies with the kiddos today. I left the bowl of sugar on the table, turned my back for a moment and.... Teddy had his face buried in the sugar bowl. Sugar was pretty much everywhere. His face, hands, clothes, floor, table, chair and cushion. Silly boy.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel