News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Spent 30 minutes going over church safety and accompanying plans in a presentation tonight. Listened to Pastor preach. Tormented Seth on fb. All in all, a good evening.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

This time change is messing with me.  I woke up at 4 am again.

Roscoe, was the presentation in response to yesterday's events?  If so, care to share?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

iridiscente

What's the weirdest sandwich you've ever eaten, Lynx?

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: iridiscente on November 06, 2017, 01:12:44 PMWhat's the weirdest sandwich you've ever eaten, Lynx?
Once I ate a peanut butter, onion, mayo, jelly, egg sandwich just to see what it was like. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't incredible.

And yes Fuzzy, I thought it was weird. It was edible though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on November 06, 2017, 11:33:20 AMThis time change is messing with me.  I woke up at 4 am again.

Roscoe, was the presentation in response to yesterday's events?  If so, care to share?
Yes. Each church plan will be different, due to layout and different security personnel- in some churches, everybody carries, in some, no one, and in some, just the pastor.
 Ours is simple, due to the layout, ect, most of our congregation were advised to simply cover in place under the pews, so as to minimize the target they present, and call 911 if possible. We have several carrying so we went over this. At some point, we will especially target sunday school teachers and leaders, and make sure they know exactly what to do.
 Shot you a text- get me what I've asked for and I'll design a plan, get input from my local LE to make sure I haven't skipped anything, and come present it for your church.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Chey is sick now. Guess I get an unexpected day off, since Lou went back to work today after being sick since Thursday. Lord. Can flu season just move on?? Please?

Lynx

Wow. From local cop to Senate guard to parole officer to... church security consultant?

"And I got friends in high places
To advise us of plans in dangerous cases
If someone attacks
He's got our backs

Now I don't know much about shooting sprees
But my friend says 'find a pew and hit your knees'
Oh I got friends
In high places"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 07, 2017, 01:24:09 PMWow. From local cop to Senate guard to parole officer to... church security consultant?

"And I got friends in high places
To advise us of plans in dangerous cases
If someone attacks
He's got our backs

Now I don't know much about shooting sprees
But my friend says 'find a pew and hit your knees'
Oh I got friends
In high places"

LOL. Thanks to the police work and the senate work, I've a little knowledge about making a target harder. Like I told the church the other night, we cannot guarantee no one will die in a shooting event in this church. But we CAN guarantee it will be more difficult for a killer to do the kind of damage that was done in Texas sunday. It's mostly common sense stuff, but it helps to know everyone is on the same page and reduces the risk of a "friendly fire" incident.

The Purple Fuzzy

Some seasons of life are harder than others. My step dad passed last night and my father in law isn't expected to make it much longer. :(

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 07, 2017, 03:48:15 PMSome seasons of life are harder than others. My step dad passed last night and my father in law isn't expected to make it much longer. :(
So sorry Fuzzy..

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

One day closer to the weekend...They cancelled church tonight because too many people were sick. Fully half the congregation was down. :-(

Heather

*hugs PF*

I'm ready to be moved. It would be made easier if my current 'landlords' would leave their dogs up during the day so we could actually load things up to take to the new house. You would think with them so desperate for us to get out that they would make it easier for us to do so.....alas.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

I keep getting this database error when I click stuff. I have to do it more than once to get anywhere. Anyone else having that problem?

I've been down and out since Monday with a wretched kidney infection, more kidney stones (passed as of now thankfully) and a cat scan that revealed a spot on my liver. :roll:

Over it.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I've gotten the error message a time or two before too. But I don't know how to fix it.

And thankfully, I am off tomorrow. Hope it is as pretty as it is supposed to be...

iridiscente

Our mechanical gate on the garage/front patio isn't working. This means we have to park 2 motorcycles and a tuktuk in the dining/living area.

Roscoe

What the heck is a tuktuk???
 The motorcycles sound perfectly normal to me. The living room was a fine place for my shiny new Harley back in my single days....

mini

That would be a appropriate spot today if your wife wasn't so anti cool.

:ugly:

Lynx

Quote from: mini on November 10, 2017, 03:58:35 PMThat would be a appropriate spot today if your wife wasn't so anti cool.

:ugly:
Yeah, you have to give up a lot when you get married. Show of hands, how many guys never had to make up their beds until they got married? Who cared how it looked? You would just have to mess it up when you went to bed that night.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I only make my bed when I wash the sheets and blankets. But between wash times, I never make it.

I'm all moved in and almost all unpacked. It's been a long ordeal. I hate moving! Have I mentioned that? Yeah well, I do.

Been super busy. And next week I start my second job for the holidays, selling the fudge at the mall.

But I'm alive and doing VERY well.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on November 10, 2017, 03:33:05 PMWhat the heck is a tuktuk???
 The motorcycles sound perfectly normal to me. The living room was a fine place for my shiny new Harley back in my single days....
There is a photo & story here:  http://sagaunscripted.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-best-family-vehicle-in-phnom-penh.html

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on November 10, 2017, 07:50:43 PMI only make my bed when I wash the sheets and blankets. But between wash times, I never make it.

Me too. I very rarely make my bed.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I actually make our bed often. Not every day, but most days. Lou can't make it the way I do, and she likes the way it looks when I make it. Or so she says. I suspect she is snowballing me in order to have a nicely made bed...
And in sharing, I have the Red Devil back on the road. Finally. With no oil leak, a new battery and a new alternator. Now, I'll have to put new front brake pads on it soon, but other than that, I think it's mechanically sound...