News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Besides, who else's can you call Sweetie Pie?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 02, 2017, 02:32:25 AMMy dear brother- while I admire the thought that you put into your cost/benefit analysis, I must state that, even for a pie lover like myself- a good woman is much more valuable than pies. Pies can't keep you warm. They can't wipe your tears when you are falling apart and can't let anyone else see, can't lift you up before God when you are in the stage of life that you wonder if He even exists, or is listening to you...They can't give you unimaginable love, great gifts like the perfect child to light up your life with a smile...
Yep, I love pie.  But I must say, my friend, I'll keep the keeper I got 14 years ago. Even though I some times call her a "thing" and use bible to justify it (he who finds a wife finds a good thing)... and if I'm lucky, she'll make me- a Pie. :P
You are correct, as far as it goes... but the single ladies this young player was looking for are nothing like your wife.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 02, 2017, 11:30:39 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on November 02, 2017, 02:32:25 AMMy dear brother- while I admire the thought that you put into your cost/benefit analysis, I must state that, even for a pie lover like myself- a good woman is much more valuable than pies. Pies can't keep you warm. They can't wipe your tears when you are falling apart and can't let anyone else see, can't lift you up before God when you are in the stage of life that you wonder if He even exists, or is listening to you...They can't give you unimaginable love, great gifts like the perfect child to light up your life with a smile...
Yep, I love pie.  But I must say, my friend, I'll keep the keeper I got 14 years ago. Even though I some times call her a "thing" and use bible to justify it (he who finds a wife finds a good thing)... and if I'm lucky, she'll make me- a Pie. :P
You are correct, as far as it goes... but the single ladies this young player was looking for are nothing like your wife.
LOL. Well....that may be so. The single women I was looking at as a youth aren't either. Glad I did NOT catch them...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on November 01, 2017, 08:48:04 PM"Also a whole case of those pie slices cost only $32 plus tax. $32 wouldn't even cover your first date. So for price/benefit alone I think pies come out way ahead." (Also I can stay happy with 32 slices of cookies & cream pie for more than a month.)

What kinda girl you expecting to date that would cost more than $32 on a first date? lol good grief.
There are millions of date ideas that don't cost anything!

I've been to the airport conservatory thing (where you can see airplanes fly) on a date = no cost.
Met one at the Las Colinas horses (a historical thing where there are 5 stallions running, has waterfall etc.) = no cost.
Met one at the Ballpark and we walked around it = no cost.

If you meet a girl that expects more than that for a first date she a gold digger.......
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Heather on November 01, 2017, 06:56:50 PMI thought about it today, I'll actually be able to put flower beds [and possibly a raised veggie garden] out next spring because we won't have 8 dogs in our yard to dig it all up. We may even be able to sit on our front porch and enjoy it! [Plus not have said 8 dogs literally EAT our outdoor furniture]

I cannot WAIT for spring to do this myself!!

I'm thinking tomatoes ,squash and jalepenos for my first go! Plus flowers HELLO LOVE IT!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

ya old sap!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

I'm now not allowed to post anything about our current house on social media because it hurts one of landlord's feelings. If the shoe fits honey, wear it. She is so incredibly concerned with her appearance that one crack in the facade sends her into high anxiety. Maybe don't be so fake and you won't have to hide.....

Also, they blocked us from using internet so if I'm not on as much before we get in the new house, I love most of you and happy thanksgiving!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 02, 2017, 01:31:04 PM

ya old sap!
Guilty as charged..LOL. And you know I didn't put this here for brownie points because she never checks here...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 02, 2017, 01:28:25 PMWhat kinda girl you expecting to date that would cost more than $32 on a first date? lol good grief.
There are millions of date ideas that don't cost anything!

I've been to the airport conservatory thing (where you can see airplanes fly) on a date = no cost.
Met one at the Las Colinas horses (a historical thing where there are 5 stallions running, has waterfall etc.) = no cost.
Met one at the Ballpark and we walked around it = no cost.

If you meet a girl that expects more than that for a first date she a gold digger.......
Many young men around here pay much more than that for a first date. Expectations, you know.

But if I could find a nice lady who did not nitpick every joke to death, I might be willing to pay that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Sigh. Lou has flu again. Second time this year. And the season is just starting. Bah.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on November 03, 2017, 12:14:03 AMSigh. Lou has flu again. Second time this year. And the season is just starting. Bah.

Did she get a flu shot? Like in the last 2 months?
We started flu shot season end of August.

I'm pretty anti-flu shot. Unless you're elderly or a kid (over 9yrs). It's basically giving yourself the flu strains so your body can become immune. So 7/10 people who get a shot get the flu.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I don't know if she has or not. I know that I refuse to take one. Last time I did, I had the flu within HOURS or so it seemed.......

iridiscente

Something I miss is good lunch meat. The ONLY thing you can get here is ham, or make pb&j. I'm sick of pb&j and don't like ham. If I don't make egg or chicken salad, there aren't any options for easy lunch. There aren't drive through places or easy restaurants open and street food can give you the runs. It's not usually an issue but since everyone is off this week for Water Festival I'm racking my brain for lunches that aren't expensive but also aren't cooking an elaborate meal.

Lynx

I never take a flu shot, and I never get the flu. *shrug*

iridiscente, one of the great things about sandwiches is you can put ANYTHING in it. Green bean and mayo sandwich, spaghetti and mustard sandwich, brussels sprouts and cheese dip sandwich...

Hmm... crab and vinaigrette sandwich... now I know what I want for breakfast this morning.  
"Do you sing at church?"

iridiscente

Quote from: Lynx on November 03, 2017, 08:37:07 AMI never take a flu shot, and I never get the flu. *shrug*

iridiscente, one of the great things about sandwiches is you can put ANYTHING in it. Green bean and mayo sandwich, spaghetti and mustard sandwich, brussels sprouts and cheese dip sandwich...

Hmm... crab and vinaigrette sandwich... now I know what I want for breakfast this morning. 
Lol, Talia and I eat veggie sandwiches for lunch often but the rest of the guys are NOT interested!

mini

Quote from: Lynx on November 03, 2017, 08:37:07 AMone of the great things about sandwiches is you can put ANYTHING in it. Green bean and mayo sandwich, spaghetti and mustard sandwich, brussels sprouts and cheese dip sandwich...

:eyebrow:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi:
Corvette oil leak is now well on its way to being fixed. Lou is sleeping and recuperating, hopefully. My spoiled little girl is enjoying her ipad 2 that I bought from an older guy who is one of my ham friends for $40. I may not buy her the latest and greatest, but it'll do all she needs.

And I am debating fixing a sandwich for dinner...

Heather

I made a pot of chicken noodle soup for us to eat on today and into tomorrow. Not to toot my own horn but I'm getting good with this soup thing. Toot. Toot.

Last night was grilled cheese and potato chips.

Budget got a lot tighter with unexpected moving costs.

Lynx

I made a pot of chili last night for the Fall Festival tonight, and I started wondering: What's the difference between soup, stew and chili? Is chili just soup with meat and beans? Or no beans... Or sometimes no meat... If you put cayenne pepper in a pot of kidney beans does that make it chili? But then what about "white" chili, that doesn't use tomato sauce?

I know what "chili" is and what it should taste like, but now I'm wondering if it's a stew.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I've been useless today. Only thing I've done worth speaking is I put the lawnmower in the shed. Oh, and I smoked some chicken in the smoker. Not exactly overachieving here today...

mini

Well phooey on you.

I was up at 6, mowed 3 yards, hung lights for a youth/church get together, and currently have 8 young people and Chelleebelle playing Apple to Apples.

Me and the dog are cranky and ready for bed.

Lynx

From the context I'm guessing Apples to Apples is a board game. But now I'm hungry and I'm going to blame it on you. It's your fault I have to eat a slice of apple pie now.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

We have our Wi-Fi fixed. I can't keep track of our current landlords moods. She is a functioning alcoholic though so she probably can't either.

Within the last 2 days both of our part time employees quit which just leaves us 2 full timers and the owner. My time frame for packing just got a lot tighter and my Sundays off just disappeared. I guess we will figure it out.