Apostolic Truth Questions.... 2

Started by onli-one-jehovi, September 24, 2008, 04:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onli-one-jehovi

Raven180....Re: Apostolic Truth Questions
« Reply #484 on: Today at 05:35:23 PM
»

Continued from 09-23-08

I'm not planning on wading too deeply into the whole pastor debate.

Just wanted to say this:

"Pastor" has become something of a catchall phrase. There are people who are titled pastors that I submit are really functioning in the office of, or are perhaps used by God as, an apostle, or perhaps as a prophet and/or as a teacher. (No, I'm not turning this into a debate about whether apostles and prophets still exist, etc.)

And there are people who aren't considered to be "pastors" because they aren't officially licensed, let say, with a particular organization, or because no one gives them that title, or because they aren't the ones who speak/preach/teach on a frequent basis, and yet they are very much pastoring in the sense of shepherding or overseeing certain aspects of Christ's Body.

I'm not officially decrying the misuse of titles, or anything. Just pointing out, that by definition, there are those who are likely not pastors, per se, just as there are those who actually are pastors, but not recognized as such.

So maybe it would help the discussion to come to a consensus regarding who and what a pastor actually is, versus who and what a pastor is not.

Peace,

Aaron
Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Young man, how is it that you do not?