News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Because a little kitty told me to...(ISG's Randoms!)

Started by IowaSkirtGirl, August 12, 2011, 09:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaSkirtGirl

I am thinking about sharing a lot of things. A lot of things I really can't blog about because it's so private.

What Godplace has become to me.

It's the place I come to feel safe, or important, or loved.  It's where most of my friends are. I can come here and laugh or cry, scream or praise, and never feel judged. I leave feeling encouraged or I come to laugh or share that little piece of my day that was important...or not too important.

I have emotional issues. God's working on me, but some days it seems the devil is working harder. So here is where I'll try and come once a day. To share what I'm really feeling. So that way I feel heard. If that's okay with everyone?
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Chseeads

Roscoe

Vent away... I tend to use this place for that purpose too..... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

IowaSkirtGirl

Today is going to be CRAZY! I don't know how many I told...but as of Monday I am training to milk cows on my uncle/grandfather's farm. My cousin works there too.  I am going to go clean the break room and the bathroom since it's pretty not clean. I mean it's a farm and there aren't any women who work there since my mom quit a few months ago. SO there are sinks full of dirty dishes and dead flies and bees everywhere. Roomie is going to help me. Then when we are done there we have to go clean my cousin's house. I am getting paid for both as far as I know. Roomie is helping me with both since we never seem to see each other. Baby Roomie's dad is here to take him until Thursday. So I'm off to tackle my day.

My words of wisdom today are when you say you are going to do something...do it...and try your best to do it with a smile.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

IowaSkirtGirl

Okay. So I milked last night (3 to 8ish) then again at 245 this morning. Now I have church. Then have to get more wrap for my foot. I just go to a farm store and get the compression wrap they use for horses. It's better than the people stuff. In case you are wondering I have issues with the tendons in the bottoms of my foot stretching out horribly bad and then they are extremely painful when they shrink back down. I can't think of the term for it...planters something or other. So since I'm on my feet 6-9 hours a day now that I'm milking full time as I was informed last night....I need to remember to wrap my feet EVERYDAY...I wonder if good arch support with my feet being wrapped would help my lower back...

Cows r cool! I do actually like this job...it's easier than I thought...

So I guess my thought for today is...Thank you Jesus for giving me income..and thank you to everyone who prayed with me for this!!!

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

IowaSkirtGirl

IowaSkirtGirl

:clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Okay. So there is a lot going on in my life. BUT Here's the deal...I FINALLY feel like I am where I'm supposed to be! Yes, I prayed to be busy. I had too much time to OVER think everything and was starting to miss someone whom I don't need to even talk to. So that prayer was answered in a big way with working. PLUS I actually like Roomie right now because I hardly see her. I feel a little stretched thin...but I have BALANCE...I'm not in the house 24/7 like I was. I do miss being online as much, but I'm beginning to think that was an unhealthy level of interaction with people.

I've learned a lot about cows in the last week n a half. Can you believe that's all the longer it's been? It feels like months. I am totally enjoying my job...90% of the time. I just wish my hooves would feel better....

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on August 24, 2011, 01:25:55 AM
I feel a little stretched thin...but I have BALANCE...I'm not in the house 24/7 like I was. I do miss being online as much, but I'm beginning to think that was an unhealthy level of interaction with people.

Plus when you go to bed you can look back on a day well spent.  And I bet you sleep a lot better now.  ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

IowaSkirtGirl

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 24, 2011, 03:21:08 PM
Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on August 24, 2011, 01:25:55 AM
I feel a little stretched thin...but I have BALANCE...I'm not in the house 24/7 like I was. I do miss being online as much, but I'm beginning to think that was an unhealthy level of interaction with people.

Plus when you go to bed you can look back on a day well spent.  And I bet you sleep a lot better now.  ;)

I do a lot of the time..because I'm too tired to not sleep. I've been having strange nightmares...Who knows what that's all about...