News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Well, I sure didn't name that location the Palace.  I think you did.  Anyone who likes chocolate gravy has brain issues and goes to figure memory issues.

This has been a good weekend.  Taco and JinbowRingles came in Saturday and we spent several hours together.  JinbowRingles taught my daughter a song on the piano for offering yesterday.  Then Roscoe called me and said "Look outside." I did.  No one was there.  He was confused.  I was confused.  I thought maybe he was fixing to jump out at me, and was figuring to get at least one or two good punches in before he got me.  But, no, it was Burrito and Sunshiney.

Then Sunday, we had a clown attack.  Friends, she attacked the piano.  Woah dude.  She attacked.  Powerful worship.  And Taco began to minster...woah dude.  He spoke about where Jesus is during your storm.  I want Jesus to be inside my heart.

Sunday afternoon, he ministered at a mutual friends church.  JinbowRingles let their kid loose for a bit, then Taco began to share his testimony.  I wept.

Then finally, Sunday evening we packed out our house, and had a time of food and fellowship.

Sunshiney got a ton of photos, maybe she can post them later.

But its been a good weekend.

Now off to my 3rd favorite place....WORK!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 29, 2018, 12:20:32 PMWell, I sure didn't name that location the Palace.  I think you did.  Anyone who likes chocolate gravy has brain issues and goes to figure memory issues.
<snip>
This is a good place to mention that Rainbow Jingles had chocolate gravy for breakfast Saturday and your wife never misses the chance to enjoy it at Stick's diner every time y'all come over.
Of course the ladies in question DID marry you and Taco, so the brain issues comment may be accurate, but I ain't the one saying it. :laughhard:
Been a busy day, as usual. When I made it home, I did a bit more tinkering on Rusty- slowly fixing all those little things I've been putting off. And Bro Wilson called, as giddy as a 16 year old boy. Fred, his project 51 Ford for the past five years plus, started from the seat today for the first time. Well, he started from the ignition switch. We ain't rightfully got the seats installed yet.
His first destination thought for a cruise was to Spiro to torment Mini. Lol
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on October 30, 2018, 02:21:57 AM
Quote from: mini on October 29, 2018, 12:20:32 PMWell, I sure didn't name that location the Palace.  I think you did.  Anyone who likes chocolate gravy has brain issues and goes to figure memory issues.
<snip>
Of course the ladies in question DID marry you and Taco, so the brain issues comment may be accurate, but I ain't the one saying it. :laughhard:
:laughat:

sunlight

Quote from: mini on October 29, 2018, 12:20:32 PMSunshiney got a ton of photos, maybe she can post them later.
Remind me in a week... lol. I can get them to you in exchange for tacos preaching. But when I have a day off.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

work. work. work. I'm currently on brunch [that's lunch for people who start their day at 5 am]. When I go back in though I get to run away in the van. I'm looking forward to a nap this afternoon before prayer. Off tomorrow, woo!!

I only cried twice yesterday about the thought that I may not see 2 of my favorite people again but I got excited when the Bean's started posting pictures of heading east. It's such a mixed feelings situation....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi:
Heather, I'm glad that you are able to "let go" of your pastor. I'm dreading the inevitable, when Bro Wilson steps down. Totally NOT ready for that.

Back at work playing catch up... A ton of things to do. Lord, will I EVER get caught up???
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Quote from: Roscoe on October 30, 2018, 04:44:08 PM:hi:
Heather, I'm glad that you are able to "let go" of your pastor. I'm dreading the inevitable, when Bro Wilson steps down. Totally NOT ready for that.

If by "let go" you mean throw a toddler tantrum, shaking me fist, stomping my feet, and going to my room to cry about it every couple hours? Then yes I'm able to. lol

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 30, 2018, 04:44:08 PM:hi:

I'm dreading losing some of our elders who are looking so severely elderly at the moment. It makes me cry thinking about it.

Back to work today after being off for 4 days. It was rough getting out of bed. Thankfully I've done like 10 minutes of work since I crawled begrudgingly into my office chair.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

All y'all's talk about w*rk is making me tired.  

Wednesday is my day off. I got up an hour later than normal and am currently eating a  slice of cherry/chocolate chip cheesecake and a slice of brownie cheesecake.

The forecast today calls for rain, with not a cloud of w*rk in sight. Great day for taking naps.

Life is good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Spent all day roaming the byways, checking on offenders. Had to work late to make sure the sex offenders were where they were supposed to be due to Halloween. It's rained all day here.

MsJennJenn

Rained all day yesterday here too. I lost power for about 45 minutes. I crawled in bed during that time. :sleep:

The sun is out in full force today though. Thank goodness!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

And in local news, I'm probably going to get in big trouble for saying this but... I sure am glad I chose that thread title. Every time I check recent unread topics that title makes me smile.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

And in related news, if anybody needs me for the next few days I will be in my Panic Room... Until Bobby calms down after reading my previous post.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

It's raining. Day #2 of this. It's cold as well.

I miss my mommy and daddy. I need a trip home soon. I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen with Thanksgiving this year, but I'm hoping that I can get my house presentable and then twist my parents' arms to come visit. :) Did I mention I miss my momma and daddy? lol..

My husband's here to set me free!

taco_harvell

:waving:  :waving:  :waving:

Exhausted!

The first full day back and got the nerve endings in my neck and right shoulder burned only took 6 months to get insurance approval.

I am innocent of making anyone cry or weep!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: sunlight on October 30, 2018, 07:54:12 AM
Quote from: mini on October 29, 2018, 12:20:32 PMSunshiney got a ton of photos, maybe she can post them later.
Remind me in a week... lol. I can get them to you in exchange for tacos preaching. But when I have a day off.

I had a taco preach to me on the ride home and I wouldn't trade anything for that to happen again... :(

taco_harvell

Quote from: mini on October 29, 2018, 12:20:32 PMWell, I sure didn't name that location the Palace.  I think you did.  Anyone who likes chocolate gravy has brain issues and goes to figure memory issues.

There's a way to check a location's history, and one Roscoe is the first one to go to Porter's Palace. He must have been daydreaming about being a Princess again that day...  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: taco_harvell on November 02, 2018, 01:51:10 AM

There's a way to check a location's history, and one Roscoe is the first one to go to Porter's Palace. He must have been daydreaming about being a Princess again that day...  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:

He did have a pink car once. A miata i think? So probably so.

:hypocrite:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:pound:
My Miata was NOT pink. It was a beautiful shiny black, and you are mean for reminding me, because I miss it...

Heather

It's been a tough week at the Henson household. Husband is in a funk and we have a pretty drastic financial situation come up.

Our new pastor will be in town tonight and preaching tomorrow. I'm ready to get this new season going. Transitioning into it has made me moody. Ok, more like moodier.

Heather

It's taken everything in me to get out of bed this week. My seasonal depression has barreled into my life quicker than normal it seems this year. Everything just seems hard to do. Getting up, eating, getting dressed, etc. Alas, life rolls on.....

Roscoe

Where did everybody go?
Yesterday, I enjoyed several hours of driving Rusty..I  have all of his little issues fixed and he is good to go anywhere now. Then I came home, cooked dinner and laid around. All in all, a good day. I gotta drag myself to church in a bit though and end the laying around...
And I totally understand the depression. This time of year gets me too.  My mama passed in September a couple of years ago, Dad the day before thanksgiving in 2009. Couple that with day to day stress, finances, and the holiday season, and I pull back from everyone. Just wanna be alone away from everyone usually from September until January...

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on November 04, 2018, 06:47:47 PMWhere did everybody go?
Yesterday, I enjoyed several hours of driving Rusty..I  have all of his little issues fixed and he is good to go anywhere now. Then I came home, cooked dinner and laid around. All in all, a good day. I gotta drag myself to church in a bit though and end the laying around...
And I totally understand the depression. This time of year gets me too.  My mama passed in September a couple of years ago, Dad the day before thanksgiving in 2009. Couple that with day to day stress, finances, and the holiday season, and I pull back from everyone. Just wanna be alone away from everyone usually from September until January...
I forgot something in Spiro... Now that Rusty can go anywhere, go get Mini and bring my lost heirloom he found today home.

Roscoe

I came in to work upbeat. In a good mood. Prayerful. Listening to K-Love. That lasted 30 minutes into the morning, when an offender called, ordered me to reschedule her. I don't do well with orders. I declined to do so, mainly because I am covered up. Offender proceeded to cuss me out, called my supervisor, cussed her out, and informed her that she would get a different officer or she would call the Attorney General. She will be really ticked if she discovers that both the Attorney General and her Chief of Staff are personal friends of mine. :lol: